forum does not display properly

atara

Bluelighter
Browser: Firefox 63.0.3

wrong-display-for-bluelight.png

I'm getting a lot of glitches too, like smileys not showing up, X's where the online status should be, slow typing, can't edit post directly after submitting (need to refresh page first). Using internet explorer since chrome won't let me give infractions.

I think the tech team is bumping into things while prepping for putting BL on a new platform.

Yes, there are a lot of broken images right now. We are working on an upgrade, and while doing so it appears we are bumping into a few things and breaking them. Can't say when it will be fixed, only that we're aware and it should only be temporary (either fixed...or we upgrade!). :\

Usually it clears for me in a few minuts. Fwiw, your screenshot is fully populated for me right now, and I'm pretty sure all technology hates me more than any living being.

LOL - Every time I write "friends" in festivus for my present to Speed King, it changes to "people who owe me money" HAHAHAH

See what happens when you say what you 'got' for Xmas...

Well, Festivus does have the magic of the holiday season to twist your words (and names) around....though it's not messing with any images or vb interface as yet (at least not intentionally).

Is Bluelight messed up for anyone else? I don't know how to explain it, but "buttons" like "quote" are not displayed properly and some features don't appear to be working or at least aren't being displayed properly.

It's been getting worse the past few days. Another example looking at the post icons all i see is a generic file image for all of them.

Edit: Read the thread and got it! Thanks.

Images are still broken for me. For example, the emoticons and really anything that had an image.

TLB, I saw that the team is working on it. How is it going?

It is sucking ass, if I'm honest about it. Here's a recurring problem I'm seeing - anyone else see same or different?

470UVFg.jpg

Different browsers, logged in or not, I see the same images as broken or shown. This tells me it isn't a browser or cache issue on the user side. We are trying to determine if cloudflare has a hand in it, or if it is strictly an issue with the server folders and file permissions. But there are several server things going wonky lately, so it may take awhile to unravel. Unfortunately, some of this is also making the migration more difficult, so yeah...patience is requested.

Others are getting this problem, including mods in PED and myself. Icons not loading, text tools not appearing etc. I'm reminded of the gigantic spaceship slowly falling apart in the 2016 film Passengers for some reason lol =D

It only happens to me in Chrome and Opera though, Firefox and Safari are still working properly atm.

This problem ...
[ While my emojis don't work and I can't see other's, if you use this guide in your posts others might see yours Smilies Guide]
If you can see these-->:) :! =D 8( :eek: :sus: :? :p <-- then this doesn't apply to you. If you see arrows almost touching then try the link above​

NEIEoMH.png

..has now been fixed back to this..
8A4WWhq.png

plus the Reply and Multi-Quote buttons are fixed too and no longer text, so chin up and keep hope alive.

I'm on a PC w/ Firefox 64.0 btw

It is sucking ass, if I'm honest about it. Here's a recurring problem I'm seeing - anyone else see same or different?

470UVFg.jpg

I'm just getting this for the first time. A bunch of other image files are missing as well.

In fact, I've realized that this is not just an aesthetic problem. The description of the icon beside a thread, in some cases, actually blocks the double-arrow "go to the first unread post" button so that it cannot be clicked. This is unfortunate as I use that button every time I open a thread.

Last edited:
This is now completely fixed for me - everywhere. Though, I'm running through a different IP on the web. Anyone else cleared up, or still an issue?

Tried to post a video, which wasn't embedded, though I tried. Also an image just didn't appear after posting it.

This is now completely fixed for me - everywhere. Though, I'm running through a different IP on the web. Anyone else cleared up, or still an issue?

Post icons cleared up got me as well, at least on the library IP (Chrome).

My laptop has all sorts of bugs with Bluelight. It might be the browser (IE).

Everything is still missing for me (Chrome, Android).

Thank you, all. Keep the feedback coming. It helps identify if the issue is user side, server side, or cloudflare...or other.