• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Feeling shame, opiate addict

That's awesome man, just remember what you wrote right there, and remember the past few weeks. Check yourself and watch your thoughts.. if they start creeping down with things like "well maybe if..." or "it'd be nice if.." and you start highlighting all the positives while overlooking the negatives and suddenly it doesn't sound so bad at all and believe it or not it can be surprisingly easy to convince yourself that you can do it better this next time around.

Check out cognitive distortions, and exam yourself so you can correct errors in your thinking. What I described above are examples of cognitive distortions that commonly lead to relapse, but they can have other negative implications as well. Of course we probably can never rid ourselves of them, but just being aware that we all have them and being familiar with your own can really help a lot.

Here is a short video explaining the basic concept a little more.

Hi Gunslinger,

Great job on all your accomplishments!!!

I LOVE your positive attitude and couldn't be happier that you got rid of your next script!!! Woohoo!!!

Keep up the good work my friend, be extra kind and patient with yourself, you are through the worst of the physical wd's now so you will be able to breathe much easier I'm sure.

You will be just fine by the time you have your surgery, and just have your wife dole out the meds post surgery.

So proud of you!!!!

How are you doing today btw?

Here if you need anything,
your friend,
Ash.

Doing great ash thank you, except i think the clonidine is giving me hella dry mouth, but zero wd symtoms and honestly no cravings, i think im doing good, im very proud of my self, this has motivated me to give up snuff (in a few weeks not yet) and start lifting again, n its strange i feel so strong now! I mean 10 yesrs younger strong, and btw i had relations with my wife twicd in one day yesterday!!! Untill earlier this week i didnt have any urge for that , so the drug had to be supressing mt t levels too is my only conclusion, sorry for too personal but HORAAY FOR ME!

Ok strange thing going on, is it normal? I had been sleeping really well from wednesday on, tonight ,,not n it feels like my heart is pounding really hard! My pulse rate is normal ,88, but just feels like my ticker is hitting hard, i dont really wanna wake my wife up but is this normal

Hahaha,
No worries, not too personal, I have heard that same thing about sex drive coming back from most people on here. Happy for you!

And I am so proud of you in general, you're doing a great job!!!!

How are you feeling today? Did your heart settle down?

Here for you,
your friend,
Ash.

Doing great ash thank you, except i think the clonidine is giving me hella dry mouth, but zero wd symtoms and honestly no cravings, i think im doing good, im very proud of my self, this has motivated me to give up snuff (in a few weeks not yet) and start lifting again, n its strange i feel so strong now! I mean 10 yesrs younger strong, and btw i had relations with my wife twicd in one day yesterday!!! Untill earlier this week i didnt have any urge for that , so the drug had to be supressing mt t levels too is my only conclusion, sorry for too personal but HORAAY FOR ME!

Yes it did, i think i did it to my self, i was thinking bout going to the gym n get in shape but was thinking how hard a trainer would work me lol ya my fault i think, had wife check me n i was fine. But i feel great today except this damn dry mouth, how are you?

Glad to hear you're okay.

Going to the gym will be good for you both physically as well as mentally. It will release endorphins and put you in a better mood, and you'll sleep better too. Plus it's just great in general to have a daily routine to stave off boredom. So I think that's a very wise idea.

I hope you had another good day today.

My day was uneventful but good, thanks for asking.

Here for you anytime GS and I'm very proud of you.

your friend,
Ash.

Yes it did, i think i did it to my self, i was thinking bout going to the gym n get in shape but was thinking how hard a trainer would work me lol ya my fault i think, had wife check me n i was fine. But i feel great today except this damn dry mouth, how are you?

Thanks ash, im doing well n at midnight tonight my last vic was last sunday at midnite! Def thinking on gym too, hope your doing great and not struggling with anything, your great hugs
GEORGE

Thanks George,

8 days today!!!! Woohoo!!! Well since today is 8 days for you I will find something to commemorate that for you!!!! That's amazing!!!! Look at you go!!!

I myself struggle with chronic pain, but I am having a good day, thanks for asking.
8ball-750x460.jpg

How are you doing today my friend?

Hugs,
here if you need anything,
your friend,
Ash.

9k=

Thanks ash, im doing well n at midnight tonight my last vic was last sunday at midnite! Def thinking on gym too, hope your doing great and not struggling with anything, your great hugs
GEORGE

Wahooo 8 ball, i ok right now, just blew up at kids for shirking their chores n i stormed off n blew threw them all in less than a hour

Day 9 for you GS.

Very proud of you. How are you feeling today?

Here if you need me,
your friend,
Ash.

I went on a date with a adorable blonde!! My daughter ?? we went bowling (her idea) and to burger king (yuck) but thats wt she wanted, i did very well no issues at all , i hv one more day of 1mg ativan then dr cutting it back to .5 , how are you feeling? I really hope youre having a good day

That sounds just lovely for you and for her!!! Your daughter sounds really cool, how old is she?

Man you're definitely through the worst of it now (wd's), really proud of you George!!!

Happy you had the ativan to help you through too. But make no mistake, this was all you. I hope you're proud of yourself.

I am good, thank you for asking.

How are you feeling today?

Hugs,
your friend,
here if you need anything,
Ash.

I went on a date with a adorable blonde!! My daughter  we went bowling (her idea) and to burger king (yuck) but thats wt she wanted, i did very well no issues at all , i hv one more day of 1mg ativan then dr cutting it back to .5 , how are you feeling? I really hope youre having a good day

Im doing great other than a sore forearm and butt checks from bowling lol, thank you for the compliments and support n i also belive im through the wds as i feel fantadtic and other than writting this i havent even thought of vicodin which is great because lil over a week ago that was the very first thing i would think off when i woke up, even before breakfast or morning bathroom trip i had to get my pills, but no more!! I hope this finds you well ash ,
George ????

That's awesome George.

That sounds like a huge hurdle you've overcome, really proud of you, and happy that your family has their husband/dad back. Plus YOU will be happier.

Way to go my friend!!

Hugs,
Ash.

Im doing great other than a sore forearm and butt checks from bowling lol, thank you for the compliments and support n i also belive im through the wds as i feel fantadtic and other than writting this i havent even thought of vicodin which is great because lil over a week ago that was the very first thing i would think off when i woke up, even before breakfast or morning bathroom trip i had to get my pills, but no more!! I hope this finds you well ash ,
George 

Tommorow im suppose to cut back ?and going to) to .5 ativan from 1 so hope i still feel ok and this good feeling isnt artificial still

You can do it!

Let me know how it goes today, if you feel like crap just go back up again. May take you longer to taper off but that's ok.

How are you feeling today my friend?

Hugs,
Ash.

Tommorow im suppose to cut back ?and going to) to .5 ativan from 1 so hope i still feel ok and this good feeling isnt artificial still

Last edited:
Ash!!!! I feel knumb today! Wts wrong with me now? Im pretty sure nothing could make me smile, ??

Nothing GS.

Each day will be different, you will get incrementally better though. Tomorrow's a new day, hope it's better than today.

Hugs,
Ash.

Ash!!!! I feel knumb today! Wts wrong with me now? Im pretty sure nothing could make me smile, 

I belive it was the lower dose of ativan, now im worried wt im in for coming of it! So frustrated i thought i beat addiction n now im worried ativan will be hard to come off too :( , i was really cranky with everybody today and feel really bad about it. I did apologize