• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 397: Critters! (VOTING CLOSED!)

Please vote for your favorite photo in this round

• bptubbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadowmeister

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • mal3volent

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • dreamflyer

• F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • CFC

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • leet

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Kaden_Nite

• Total voters
It's a competition my friend, you can win fabulous prizes.

You have to upload to somewhere that hosts images, I use imgur.com. Then you can post them. Imgur when you're looking at an uploaded image, it has a button to copy the BBcode for the image, if you do that you can paste it directly into your post.

2Wd76FS.png

I've been really happy with imgur. I used to use photobucket until they utterly ruined it. Imgur is free, easy to use, and works really well and has no ads, or if they do I've never noticed them.

I use postimage.org never could get imgur to work for me

Formatting in Imgur took a little practice at first, but now it's all I use.

there will be a poll set up eventually once everyone has had time to submit their photos. It will stay open for a while so don't worry. Just keep checking back :)

Awesome, thanks so much!

A large garden spider. Took the shot last summer, she was busy sucking what was left of some insect she'd caught.

VoInyxt.jpg

Thanks :) Her web wasn't looking so good as I accidentally put my head in it shortly before taking the shot.

^^Wow, stunning! Is that a False Widow or, any idea of what it is?

I managed to catch this pic of the were-rabbit on the run from Wallace and Gromet...

Definitely not a false widow. I always just knew them as "garden spiders". They're really colorful and beautiful, and can get really big. There was one literally the size of my hand at my friend's house all summer a couple of years ago, it was the biggest spider I've ever seen in person. But they start quite small.

Talk about chiaroscuro...

Took this picture of our pug recently and it's turned out surprisingly well. Although it looks like she's smoking a cigar, she's actually chewing on a twig. The best thing is, it looks to me like a banksy painting...

Edit: I didn't realise there was a dedicated critters thread, so I've moved this from the photography thread to here.

This is impressive! It's Churchill, and definitely puffing on a cigar :)

Thanks! Yes, it's called Araneus diadematus or the crowned orb-weaver. It occurred to me that that may actually be her mate in the web that she killed and ate after mating as I think I can distinguish it's legs/abdomen.

Hope I'm not too late for the ball!

IMG-5354-2.jpg

"SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS?"

Nope, thanks for submitting! That's a great pic. These days I leave these open for quite a while because of fewer submissions.