• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 397: Critters! (VOTING CLOSED!)

Please vote for your favorite photo in this round

• bptubbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadowmeister

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • mal3volent

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • dreamflyer

• F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • CFC

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • leet

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Kaden_Nite

• Total voters

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED, VOTING OPEN! Please get your votes in. We'll leave this open for at least a week.

Here are your candidates:

1. bptubbs
8XNf3jp.jpg

2. Shadowmeister
v83zHGg.jpg

3. mal3volent
OiGE5jU.jpg

4. dreamflyer
yvuIjQv.jpg

5. F.U.B.A.R.
QUx0XlM.jpg

6. CFC
p8u3nIK.jpg

7. leet
Ghx5pLo.jpg

8. Kaden_Nite
JJg0YSV.png

====================================================================================================

This round's theme is CRITTERS
as selected by your reigning cookiemonster Mal3volent

Whether terrifying, adorable, or bizarre, there are tons of interesting animals on this beautiful planet. So let's see some interesting submissions of those critters!

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules

1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until January 1st.
  3. Voting will open from January 1st to January 10th.
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  7. This contest, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Beastmaster.
  8. PS don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new Beastmaster special profile title in time for the deep winter cold (which also comes with special discounts in the staff canteen)!!!

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. But you'll have to pick one for the final submission on January 10th

Last edited:
Thanks xorkoth. Well done on the prompt new thread and the beastmaster idea, very nice.

Like this one mal, gonna be an interesting round I hope. Figured I'd start us off lol

Thanks tubbs. Very cute pic right off the bat. I'm a sucker for squirrels and cats though. Well all critters really!

I have so many pictures...I'm debating whether to submit any because I feel weird picking the theme to my own advantage. I pretty much only have pictures of animals and have collected quite a few interesting ones. It's also hard for me to choose and don't want to flood the thread lol

I have a bunch of these... I think I'll go with this one, probably. I spent an hour near these butterflies, and slowly they came closer and closer

6HH7T32.jpg

You can always post a few at least and then pick one before voting starts. :)

I've got a good few more of my big fella there lol, always taking more.... and a couple of my moms dog, lil fucker loves being photographed, and it makes my cat attention whore

I love kitties. <3 Here's one of my beauties, I'm going to NSFW it though because I don't think it'll be my submission.

NSFW:
04b7s48.jpg

Here are some I would consider choosing, I won't bother with the others . I'll do nsfw too until I choose

NSFW:
ybGLswc.jpg
qi5wDkf.jpg

30Idnzl.jpg

r6W0mDB.jpg

FnCV6hC.jpg

HnZ5pWt.jpg

I'm rather partial to that bird pic of yours mal, have been awhile now lol

I love the frog one! I have a similar one somewhere with a mite. Can't find it now though. Here are a couple more I like.

NSFW:

8Hr5J0i.jpg

mYPBRG2.jpg

wyKGXIy.jpg

WI9OjGt.jpg

(The above is not a real critter but such a lovable dragon sculpture)

pOnyTO7.jpg

(This guy was a really bold chipmunk who was climbing on me and stole some nuts from inside my backpack)

jLyx477.jpg

(These were some beautiful arctic wolves I met when I camped at a wolf sanctuary in Colorado)

IffNvpS.jpg

I took this picture of a dragonfly last summer, just before it nearly flew into my eyeball! Hope you enjoy. - Dreamflyer

Talk about chiaroscuro...

Took this picture of our pug recently and it's turned out surprisingly well. Although it looks like she's smoking a cigar, she's actually chewing on a twig. The best thing is, it looks to me like a banksy painting...

Edit: I didn't realise there was a dedicated critters thread, so I've moved this from the photography thread to here.