• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Americans - what has legalization done to availability and cost?

That's crazy. I've found the prices in the legal market, especially on some specialty items...for example, I bought a gram of wax the other day at a local dispensary for just over 50 dollars...in the black market era that would've easily cost 80-100, if you were lucky enough to find someone selling it.

I hate to break it to you but the black and grey market states can still beat $50/g of wax, and it even comes in the original retail packaging. The lowest prices come from CO wax, though. It's always a bit more expensive when it comes from WA or the North East (and at the moment it's completely non-existent for me, personally. It's around, but what's around is much more expensive than your pricing and I refuse to have to travel into DC to pay it-- the District's a straight rip-off if you're looking for THC in the DMV area, and unregulated and sketchy af to boot.)

I've been on the lookout but I haven't yet seen any Alaska, California, or Oregon packaging out here on the East Coast yet. It's typically CO, MA or ME.

With the prices online sometimes, y'all make me think I'm smokin' stolen goods.

at least in the state i live in most wax is much cheaper than that, most place charge charge about what a good gram of weed use to cost before legalization

I hate to break it to you but the black and grey market states can still beat $50/g of wax, and it even comes in the original retail packaging.

What black/grey market states?

I live a good bit of the year in a "black/grey market state" (New York), and unless you use the deepweb you're shit outta luck.

If anyone still wants the weed street dealer "experience", just go to NYC...you can still find it there. Personally I'm over all that bs though

What black/grey market states?

I live a good bit of the year in a "black/grey market state" (New York), and unless you use the deepweb you're shit outta luck.

If anyone still wants the weed street dealer "experience", just go to NYC...you can still find it there. Personally I'm over all that bs though

Maryland and Virginia. Maryland's grey market (decriminalized but not legal), whereas VA's black market (illegal, full stop.)

I've never been on the deep web or the dark web or whatever you want to call it, so your theory's a bit off for outside of NYC. All it takes is a phone call and a pick-up-- no more, no less (although sometimes it'll come to you and you don't even have to go pick it up.)

I think you underestimate [or maybe overestimate?] the marketability of a drug that's being excessively overproduced in legal and medical states.

Hmm, perhaps you're right...it seems like events are accelerating at an ever-increasing rate, as far as cannabis & their availability (and subsequent drop in price) to consumers. I can definitely see that. My last experience with the weed "black market" in my state (pre-2014) involved weed and some concentrates (although they were pricier than they are today) always being available, with other items like edibles being periodically available.

I did sample some weed from a "delivery service" in NYC a couple years back...decent quality but overpriced

From everything I've heard since my childhood, NYC has always been way overpriced for weed. It's always available and trendy as hell, but expensive.

I never really understood why, though. Excellent customer service from couriers, maybe? I honestly could never figure it out... but I've also only been to New York a handful of times and NYC only once, and I don't think I've ever made a pick-up in the state. It's just outside my network, you know? Even when I went to school near the MD, PA, WV, VA borders.

Maybe because there aren't many places to grow marijuana in NYC and most everything is typically more expensive in NYC? It's like the markup you see in downtown areas. For example, if I go to a store downtown vs a store in the more suburban areas, the prices at the store downtown tend to be higher.

I was factoring tax into the cost as well. I also live in an area that doesn't allow dispensaries, so the only option is a delivery service that overcharges and charges a delivery fee.

Perhaps if I was in an are with lots of dispensaries it would he a better deal.

$40 ounces (with or without tax) aren't that uncommon in today's legal market for sensimilla not-bad quality. Colorado was the first to hit those kinds of prices but you can also find them in other states.

After a quick google search it's very easy to see that Oregon as well as Washington now offer those kinds of prices as well. Many other states are starting the catch up with those kinds of prices too.

Absolutely...I remember some dryer times in the late 70's
buying / selling 1/2 oz bags of S. American gold sativa strains for 40 - $50