Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm reduction contraindications?

Bubblegummer

Bluelighter
Hey people,

A friend of mine was given some apparently really good MDMA to try out but he hasn?t used it in a very long time and is wondering if anyone here has any experience taking it whilst on Seroquel, Pristiq and Valproate?

Will he be alright if he just takes little bits at a time to slowly build up to it or should he straight out give it a miss?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
let me know what turns up.

i always thought seroquel was similar to ecstasy in how it affects one part of the brain and the dreams i had.

i never did both cause i thought it would lead to long term comedown (LTC) or serotonin syndrome.

idk, it could've just been me.

Last edited:
Hey Bubblegummer,

I would advise your friend to give the MDMA a miss for the moment. Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) being an SNRI (Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor) is contraindicated with MDMA. Serotonin syndrome is a possible dangerous result from the combination of MDMA and SSRI/SNRIs. The most likely outcome however is that the MDMA simply won't work, as SSRI/SNRIs are stronger agonists at the 5-HTP receptor site. Please be safe!

A. <3

Valproate doesn?t seem to interact with MDMA, I?m not saying it doesn?t though....

I?ve been on Valporate for quite some time, on 2g of the shit atm, and I rolled balls yesterday, 200mg initial dose, I won?t add the stupid redose?s, nothing to be proud of. Still got a nice afterglow happening this morn.

But I agree with Ash on the SNRI/MDMA combo. Too risky, and a waste if it stops it from working its magic. It?s the one out of ya mates prescribe meds that?s probably the one to really worry about.

I have no idea about seroquel/MDMA combos. Haven?t heard much about it. I would have though it would really dull what could have been an awesome time.

Does your friend like LSD? Shrooms? I know these are psychs and not empaths, but in my experience of having a lot of prescribed meds, these seemed to do nothing in terms of bad effects. Again, I may have needed to take more than a standard dose for my bmi, and a few more benzos than usual. But still had amazing times.

it would be good if more study’s and availability were in reach for the 6/5-apb group. But I’m guessing the same risks would apply.

Last edited:
Hey people,

A friend of mine was given some apparently really good MDMA to try out but he hasn?t used it in a very long time and is wondering if anyone here has any experience taking it whilst on Seroquel, Pristiq and Valproate?

Will he be alright if he just takes little bits at a time to slowly build up to it or should he straight out give it a miss?

Thanks in advance!

I think there is a big chance of a negative interaction, particularly with the valproate. I have no reasoned basis for that, but I would probably avoid this. Seroquel will do a fair bit to reduce the serotonergic effects (I think), making the exercise both pointless and possibly dangerous.

At the end of the day, the more drugs you combine, the more risky interactions you will encounter and not all of them will be self-evident. Not only neurochemical effects, also metabolic interactions- many drugs act as enzyme inhibitors, meaning other chemicals may not be broken down quickly or completely enough by the liver.

MDMA hardly works at low doses anyway. Mild serotonergic stimulation just leaves me sketchy and anxious.

I agree with the above responses. A few friends have been on and off (or on and on) anti-depressants and have generally found MDMA doesn't work for them.

There is one thing they sometimes do. Note: I am not a doctor so I do not recommend doing this! Plan a time to take the MDMA and some days beforehand stop taking your medication. This will allow the MDMA to have its own way with your brain.

Things to do:

- Research your specific medication, how long it stays in the body, how soon to start again after stopping.
- Prepare for the consequences of stopping your medication, even for a short period of time. Take this into account with all decision and interactions.
- Have someone with you.
- Probably best not take MDMA at all.

While this is possible, again: I do not recommend it. It would be best for you not to take MDMA at all.

I agree with the above responses. A few friends have been on and off (or on and on) anti-depressants and have generally found MDMA doesn't work for them.

There is one thing they sometimes do. Note: I am not a doctor so I do not recommend doing this! Plan a time to take the MDMA and some days beforehand stop taking your medication. This will allow the MDMA to have its own way with your brain.

Things to do:

- Research your specific medication, how long it stays in the body, how soon to start again after stopping.
- Prepare for the consequences of stopping your medication, even for a short period of time. Take this into account with all decision and interactions.
- Have someone with you.
- Probably best not take MDMA at all.

While this is possible, again: I do not recommend it. It would be best for you not to take MDMA at all.

I see what you are saying but I really advise against stopping meds to roll.