Rock albums that liberate\emasculate young straight men?

China Rider

Bluelighter
If you think my title is homophobic I don't even want to share the internet with you. Make a thread asking albums that help men cope towards
their sexual proclivities or insecurities.

Young straight men have their own unique obstacles hindering optimal development. If you're not a single man you can't understand but no reason to specify here.

I specifically say Rock because hip hop imo preys on the insecure, abused and children of single mothers. Materialism is gold. Whenever I see a white kid blasting I'm distracted by his insecurity. Then think about how much he hates his father or the absence of one. And in the end, honest empathy.

And I ask for men because some music speaks louder to straight men just as powerful as gay men to Cher and women to Taylor Swift or Beyonce (I don't know lol)

Anyway,

When I say Quadraphenia you say?(it's an album by The Who released in 1973 and later a film about it in 1979...watch it alone for how ridiculous Sting's character is and how much say did he have?��

'Reign love over me' is probably only song most casual fans could recognize. MAYBE 5:15 as well.(inside outside leave me alone...inside outside nowhere is home)

My lucky 7 songs that get me that are:
Cut My Hair, The Dirty Jobs, Dr. Jimmy, Pink & the Godfather!!!, Helpless Dancer, I'm One and Is it in my Head?

Only weak song is I am the Sea opener but that's just like ocean sounds.

and yes this album liberated me more than any other. The musical styling reminds me a lot like Blunderbuss and Lazaretto by Jack White(they might as well be one great double album)

John Entwhistle is my favorite most influential bassist. I usually find instrumentless vocalists to be kind of queens. But God damn! This album is the best of Roger Daltry. Such wide range outside of high pitch squealing. He do songs like a pissed off kid who lost all of his strong make role models in WW2(sad reality of children born in Europe during 1930-1940) The civilian casualties that occurred in that war are not spoken about enough. It's so tragic. Just because you weren't in a concentration camp or Russian gulag(way more than 9 million died in these, doesn't get much attention for some reason... didn't make you much safer...
Other nominations:
Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins(even though Gish is much more enjoyable for me)

Ritual De Lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction. The message is twisted but the sound is freedom

Blunderbuss & Lazaretto - Jack White. Two albums. Powerful pop-rock with some powerful lyrics(Love Interruption, Hypocritical Kiss, Would you fight for my love? & Mixing Pieces)

Hello Nasty - Beastie Boys Not a popular album but as a 7th grader picking this album up at an Ames department store changed my year. Very instrumental album and obviously silly rhymes. Can defiantly boost a young teen's confidence

Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space -Spirtitualized
Other than I think I'm in Love the lyrics aren't very powerful but the sounds created can change your life. Jason Pierce is a tortured genius. Without him there's no Spacemen 3. Without Keith Richards there's no one to compare him to(it's not because they sound anything alike)

Loveless - My Bloody Valentine is definitely more likely to cope with depression more than any SSRI.

The boundaries designed by our rulers hitching monkey wrenches around the pipes of cultural masculine energy and it's getting tough out there for young men trying to establish their independence and place in society. H
Brothers, help your younger brothers out here....and please no need to refute my hip hop comment.here

For record I'm 31 culturally is 50, emotionally is 24 and physically about 31.

I'm confused by the liberate/emasculate part. I assume you mean the exact opposite of emasculate.

My advice to all straights would be to go find the gayest album possible and play it as loud as you can. Drive through downtown, roll down the windows, and be confident enough in yourself to know that the music you listen to doesn't necessarily define who you are.

Can a young gay and a young straight not be liberated by the same album?

what qualities do the albums/artists you mentioned have that make them specifically geared towards heterosexuals?

genuinely interested to know your answers...

your comments about "cultural masculinity"...you do realize straight men do not own the concept of masculinity? I'm way more masculine than several straight friends I've had over the years.

Last edited:
My advice to all straights would be to go find the gayest album possible and play it as loud as you can. Drive through downtown, roll down the windows, and be confident enough in yourself to know that the music you listen to doesn't necessarily define who you are.

Word.

John Entwhistle is my favorite most influential bassist. I usually find instrumentless vocalists to be kind of queens. But God damn! This album is the best of Roger Daltry. Such wide range outside of high pitch squealing. He do songs like a pissed off kid who lost all of his strong make role models in WW2(sad reality of children born in Europe during 1930-1940) The civilian casualties that occurred in that war are not spoken about enough. It's so tragic. Just because you weren't in a concentration camp or Russian gulag(way more than 9 million died in these, doesn't get much attention for some reason... didn't make you much safer...
Other nominations:
Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins(even though Gish is much more enjoyable for me)

Ritual De Lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction. The message is twisted but the sound is freedom

Blunderbuss & Lazaretto - Jack White. Two albums. Powerful pop-rock with some powerful lyrics(Love Interruption, Hypocritical Kiss, Would you fight for my love? & Mixing Pieces)

Hello Nasty - Beastie Boys Not a popular album but as a 7th grader picking this album up at an Ames department store changed my year. Very instrumental album and obviously silly rhymes. Can defiantly boost a young teen's confidence

Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space -Spirtitualized

Loveless - My Bloody Valentine is definitely more likely to cope with depression more than any SSRI.

Seriously decent tunage, man.

The sense, of masculine and feminine has mostly to do with something in the psyche - in society is usually based on trends and social control - which Imho is arbitrary, as it changes through generations, for e.g. the 70's vs. the present. Interesting stuff, though. I rekon thats why music is so powerful, it's got a tone that makes you feel whats beneath it. Bass and distortian for e.g. could be considered masculine but essentially, it is just base, earthy, grounded - universally experienced states. This is what makes music the higher expression of the thread of what connects us, as humans, how we interpret the sensation is entirely, an individual creation.
Check this out.(also look up the Animus)

Last edited:
For liberation: Queen in general I think, ironically.

The greatest track for that is probably Goodbye Horses - Q Lazzarus with Culture Club - Karma Chameleon following it.

I'm guessing Judas Priest is probably a good choice.

70s Classic Rock is probably the most emasculating if taken seriously (Jock Rock). Led Zep, Kiss, AC/DC, The Doors.

Bon Jovi takes the cake though. Pure emasculation. And probably by strict definition Alanis Morrisette.

Metallica, and a good majority of metal....although not intentional.

Led Zeppelin had quite a few "Baby I'm gonna leave you" "Dazed and confused" "Since I've been lovin' you" "The wanton song" a few others. They managed to keep the misogyny fairly low key most of the time.
Steely Dan "Reelin' in the years" "Dirty work" "Rose Darling" "Everything you did" "Babylon sisters"
For pure over the top, hilariously obscene misogyny I don't think anybody can top The Mentors.

http://www.metallyrica.com/t/the_mentors.html

9. S.F.C.C.

Suck and fuck and cook and clean
Baby you know what I mean
You gotta do it every day
Slut you know what I mean
It's your daily routine

First you suck
Then you fuck
Then you cook
And last you clean

Baby do you know what I mean?
I'm the king of the castle
Baby you know what I mean
Don't give me a hassle

First you suck
Then you Fuck
Then you cook
And last you clean

Suck and fuck
Cook and clean
Come on slut
You know what the hell I mean

If you want to please your master
You got to do it faster
If you want to be my wife
You got to do it all the rest of your life

First you suck,slut
Then you fuck,yeah you dumb airhead
Then you cook,eat lots of food
Then you clean my pad

Wash my socks,scrub my ass
Draw me a bath bitch
Then you cook me a feast
Yeah
Then you clean,scrub my pad throughly
Slut,you know it's your future
If you know what I mean
It's your daily routine

This threads kind of old but it's only on the 3rd page so hopefully there's not an issue bumping it.

(if the time stamp doesn't work, there's a really long intro here but it's a phenomenal performance)

These guys here really made me realize some things lol

soft-cell-1983-rex-1100.jpg

'nother couple obvious ones:

tumblr_n0lfurBAWF1sv2ktho3_1280.jpg

Fuck he was such an attractive man.

And last but not least, probably one of my favorite songs in the world. Like this version a lot better than the rerecording tbh:

Car Seat Headrest.jpg