• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids zyprexa gabapentin

ive been reading that gabapentin works on vdccs voltage gated calicum channels and has nothing to do with dopamine is that true

It does act on dopamine to an extent. If you dont believe what I have said you are free to look it up yourself. It works on calcium in channels in respect to GABA, not dopamine.

It does act on dopamine to an extent. If you dont believe what I have said you are free to look it up yourself. It works on calcium in channels in respect to GABA, not dopamine.
so when olanzapine blocks the dopamine receptors and gabapentin releases dopamine does it overcome the olanzapine or does it block the dopamine

i wanna be able to feel the effects of the other medicines im not trying to get high but i want to feel the effects of the medicine euphoria and eveything
so when olanzapine blocks the dopamine receptors and gabapentin releases dopamine does it overcome the olanzapine or does it block the dopamine

It will occupy the receptor and allow no dopamine in.

im thinking about switching medicine to abilify or some other antipsycotic will it have the same affect any good recommendations for another medicine to take

like i posted it's really hit or miss with abilify. those who have suffered from invega, abilify, zyprexa, haldol and even risperdal will tell you their opinion is it's not worth it.

i neither condone nor endorse psych meds. i'm always for finding what works for someone no matter what that looks like.

there is a Mental Health forum here you can browse through that people have related their experiences to meds on. other than that the mods will tell you all that we can do here is say talk to your psychiatrist cause we are not mental health professionals.

Last edited:
other than that the mods will tell you all that we can do here is say talk to your psychiatrist cause we are not mental health professionals.

Exactly

OP, have you just tried the combo? We can talk about pharmacology all day, but sometimes even if something should happen on paper that doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen in real life. So imo simply try the combo and if the zyprexa really blocks the effects from gabapentin then you can talk to your doctor about changing meds

yeah it blocks my gabapentin and clonidine and my nicotine i dont feel nicotine at all its funny to think i even smoke it i know nicotine isnt a medicine but i find it to help me almost like a medicine i think im going to ask my dr to change me to abilify....i dont take a high dose of gabapentin but it did used to help me due to the euphoria and it doesnt work as well

i also take kratom sometimes and i feel super euphoric on it so maybe the gabapentin isnt gettting absorbed because i feel kratom super powerfully

so im not sure if the gabapentin isnt getting absorbed or what but i havent been feeling it lately

With gabapentin you have to stagger your dosage and protein rich meals will also decrease the absorption