• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Decreasing cannabis tolerance

Preytor

Bluelighter
This thread is for people to share their methods in lowering tolerance to weed. Going through older posts, there are conflicting reports on whether going cold turkey is the most efficient or if spacing out doses in between breaks has the same result. With enough reports we may figure out what the optimal way is.
I've been smoking everyday for over 3 months now and I thought I'd take some weeks off since I've got two business trips lined up this month. Thing is that I'm tempted to blaze up in the few days I'll be home between the trips but I have no idea if this will significantly effect how much my tolerance will decrease or if it won't make any difference.

I'm thinking that it will make little difference. But in regards to which is better for a tolerance break, I would say going cold turkey is better. If you're trying to lower your tolerance to something, wouldn't it make sense that abstaining from that activity is the most efficient way? Wouldn't spacing out doses only halt your progress? And going cold turkey is not all that difficult to do since there are no major physical symptoms. It's psychological if anything, but you can curb that with exercise and just staying busy.

I don't see why you decided to declare your thread the official thread for lowering tolerance. And there certainly is not conflicting information. If you want lower tolerance stop getting high for a while, it's not complicated.

The research on cannabis tolerance is undoubtedly very limited, especially regarding the duration it takes to reset (a study found that there is a reduction in the first 4~ weeks but the focus was on which receptors cause it and if it's reversible) and how smoking halts or slows down the process. As far as reports go, I've seen some claim that cutting it off completely is the only way to get rid of it fast, while others say that you can reduce tolerance almost as efficiently by spacing out doses. If you think you got cannabis tolerance figured out please post the link to the appropriate study and I'll delete the thread.

Lol, no need to delete the thread.

But i think it's pretty well known that absolute abstinence is the best way to decrease tolerance.

.. while others say that you can reduce tolerance almost as efficiently by spacing out doses.

Lol, no need to delete the thread.

But i think it's pretty well known that absolute abstinence is the best way to decrease tolerance.
Yeah I completely agree with you for the simply reason that on the day of dosing there will be a slight increase instead of decrease in tolerance. It will be interesting to see with further data and research the effect of in-between doses when abstaining on the daily rate of decrease in tolerance; if it has an effect at all.
That last bit about deleting the thread was in reference to this comment
I don't see why you decided to declare your thread the official thread for lowering tolerance. And there certainly is not conflicting information. If you want lower tolerance stop getting high for a while, it's not complicated.

Just a little presumptuous to try to create a mega thread of a topic that's already figured out.

Either go with a different strain/type or ROA, but for real effect abstain.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a reset button.

Although, gotta be careful saying deep shit like that. It takes years of total abstinence (3, the time I did it) for my tolerance to drop to baseline at this point and it still increases very quickly. In no time at all smokin an 8th a day again.