Writing-up Global Drug Survey 2019

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
From globaldrugsurvey.com ---

Global Drug Survey runs the largest drug survey in the world. Over half a million people have taken part in our last 5 surveys. This year, GDS2019 is translated into 20 languages and with partners in over 35 countries we hope this will be our biggest yet. Committed to helping people use drugs more safely regardless of the legal status of the drug and promoting honest conversation about drug use, GDS relies on the experience and expertise from people all over the world.

Share your story with us and help us create change that help people have happier lives and policy that supports health well being, not punishment and stigmatization.

Take the Global Drug Survey 2019!

GDS2019 ? what we are looking at this year

The acceptability of psychedelic therapies for mental illness
Psychedelic micro-dosing ? the good, the bad and who knows?
The impact of cannabis health messages on cannabis use
The use of cannabis edibles: the good the bad and the unexpected
Fair trade cocaine ? would you pay more?
How much do you trust your dealer?
Drugs, sexual assault and consent?
Drugs the police and fair play around the world
What drug is the best value for money

Notes on GDS: the survey is anonymous (no IP addresses collected). The survey has ethics approval.

In full disclosure, I am one of the members of GDS's core research team - I get to play around with the data and I have published a number of papers through the various survey modules offered by GDS. This relationship between GDS and Bluelight helped us to run the Bluelight census last year through GDS.

Thanks for supporting GDS for 2019. Any questions or comments, feel free to discuss here and I can feed concerns back to the right people.

Just took this. I loved the topic of Psychedelic Therapy. I'm curious as to the sustainable cocaine questions. I wondered in a legal market would an organic, violence free and sustainable cocaine be more or less expensive than the illegal violence and adulterant ridden product that floods most markets?

GREAT to ask me this when i have been only drinking for the last two years....

asks if you've smoked cannabis inside house in last 12 months. if you answer yes it asks how many times in last 30 days in a drop down where zero isn't an option.

let me go forward leaving the drop down on "please select," but seems like a flaw.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely pass on the comments and if there are bugs, we can know this for when we analyse the data.

I completed the survey.

A bug I found: I was offered the "cannabis edibles" section although I had not indicated that I had used cannabis edibles, and when I tried to fill it out there was no option to say that I hadn't used any in the past year.

Also, I found these three categories to be redundant and mismatched: "LSD-like or novel hallucinogen type drugs (including NBOMe)", "Magic mushroom-like or novel tryptamine type drugs," and "Novel 2C type drugs." LSD is a tryptamine, so LSD-like and mushroom-like should go together in one category, while the NBOMe drugs are phenethylamines like the 2Cs, and should be together in another category.

I completed the survey.

A bug I found: I was offered the "cannabis edibles" section although I had not indicated that I had used cannabis edibles, and when I tried to fill it out there was no option to say that I hadn't used any in the past year.

Also, I found these three categories to be redundant and mismatched: "LSD-like or novel hallucinogen type drugs (including NBOMe)", "Magic mushroom-like or novel tryptamine type drugs," and "Novel 2C type drugs." LSD is a tryptamine, so LSD-like and mushroom-like should go together in one category, while the NBOMe drugs are phenethylamines like the 2Cs, and should be together in another category.

Great feedback, thank you.

It can be tricky categorising the drug types...

All closed now and analysing the data! Yay! Thanks for all your input everyone.

From globaldrugsurvey.com ---

Global Drug Survey runs the largest drug survey in the world. Over half a million people have taken part in our last 5 surveys. This year, GDS2019 is translated into 20 languages and with partners in over 35 countries we hope this will be our biggest yet. Committed to helping people use drugs more safely regardless of the legal status of the drug and promoting honest conversation about drug use, GDS relies on the experience and expertise from people all over the world.

Share your story with us and help us create change that help people have happier lives and policy that supports health well being, not punishment and stigmatization.

Take the Global Drug Survey 2019!

GDS2019 ? what we are looking at this year

The acceptability of psychedelic therapies for mental illness
Psychedelic micro-dosing ? the good, the bad and who knows?
The impact of cannabis health messages on cannabis use
The use of cannabis edibles: the good the bad and the unexpected
Fair trade cocaine ? would you pay more?
How much do you trust your dealer?
Drugs, sexual assault and consent?
Drugs the police and fair play around the world
What drug is the best value for money

Notes on GDS: the survey is anonymous (no IP addresses collected). The survey has ethics approval.

In full disclosure, I am one of the members of GDS's core research team - I get to play around with the data and I have published a number of papers through the various survey modules offered by GDS. This relationship between GDS and Bluelight helped us to run the Bluelight census last year through GDS.

Thanks for supporting GDS for 2019. Any questions or comments, feel free to discuss here and I can feed concerns back to the right people.
Does it pa

The survey is not open - it's from 2019 :)