Non bacteriostatic water for MT2 injections?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I finally got some MT2, 20 needles, and saline water.

Firstly - I think I'll need more needles, but I can get them at the chemist.

Is it imperative to use bac water with MT2?
I plan on making the vial last quite a while - and have heard it can decay quicker with non bac water.

Getting another delivery is pricey though - as delivery costs about as much as the water.

Insights?

It really won't decay that fast. People tend to assume their GH or peptides need to be used quickly once opened, but that's really not the case and most are pretty stable.

If you keep it in the fridge once mixed you should be ok in terms of both longevity and health, and the fact it's SubQ also works in your favour in terms of infection risk.

However, I'd recommend at least saline as it has some limited hygiene benefits over purified water. Personally, I'd still only ever use bacstat water or the disposable purified water gizmos though, no need to even invite the risk of infections if you have the option not to.

It really won't decay that fast. People tend to assume their GH or peptides need to be used quickly once opened, but that's really not the case and most are pretty stable.

If you keep it in the fridge once mixed you should be ok in terms of both longevity and health, and the fact it's SubQ also works in your favour in terms of infection risk.

However, I'd recommend at least saline as it has some limited hygiene benefits over purified water. Personally, I'd still only ever use bacstat water or the disposable purified water gizmos though, no need to even invite the risk of infections if you have the option not to.

As in;

FYAY3rE.jpg

One of these?

So - regular purified water?

PS - when you say, won't decay that fast do you mean, I'd get a couple months out of it?

Last edited:
^^ Yeah, you sometimes get smaller individual plastic ones as well. However the issue for you is that you're mixing something up that you won't use all at once. And there are a few ways you could risk infection (hypothetically), such as bacteria or funghi that came inside the MT2 if it wasn't properly sterile. With bacstat, it does at least inhibit their ability to proliferate once water is added.

As for how long it'll last, a few years back, I used one I'd mixed up at least 1 year before the previous summer, and it still worked the same. Similar story with some GHRPs I forgot about. I made the mistake of thinking they'd be mostly inactive a year on, so took a massive dose and subsequently suffered the worst hunger/hypo session as a result of it still being potent.

^Lol reminds me of a time I got a bottle of GHRP6 that was mislabeled as TB500. Shot the whole thing and was 100% drenched in sweat losing my mind within 5 minutes. Probably ate 5k calories that night and still never felt it go away completely

^^ Yeah, you sometimes get smaller individual plastic ones as well. However the issue for you is that you're mixing something up that you won't use all at once. And there are a few ways you could risk infection (hypothetically), such as bacteria or funghi that came inside the MT2 if it wasn't properly sterile. With bacstat, it does at least inhibit their ability to proliferate once water is added.

As for how long it'll last, a few years back, I used one I'd mixed up at least 1 year before the previous summer, and it still worked the same. Similar story with some GHRPs I forgot about. I made the mistake of thinking they'd be mostly inactive a year on, so took a massive dose and subsequently suffered the worst hunger/hypo session as a result of it still being potent.

Okay - I'm getting seriously repetitive - and I apologize for that but, I'm on the cusp of actually getting t tan; being pasty as meringue my entire life, it is imperative to me I get every detail correct;

The one that lasted a year - was that mixed with regular injection water?
Or bac water?

The decision I face now is - get a small 10 ml injection water for 90 cents at the chemist and start injecting tomorrow, or order bac water, pay about 20 pounds, wait the week and half, and do it that way.
I would prefer the former - but if alls I have to worry about is infection - and less so the MT2 decaying in a month - I'd take my chances with the chemists injection water.

Just get some sterile water now and add 1% benzyl alcohol later if you want (3iu if adding it to an MT2 vial mixed with 3ml sterile water).

Personally I wouldnt use sterile water if i was using the vial for more than about a week (also what we tell patients) but I doubt its going to hurt you either realistically considering I talk to diabetics all the time who reuse insulin needles 10 or 20x before tosssing them lol.

On a side note though, your priorities are mildly terrifying since an infection is a hell of a lot more to worry about than the MT2 breaking down and having to get a new vial. One is $20 and the other is a trip to the hospital

Just get some sterile water now and add 1% benzyl alcohol later if you want (3iu if adding it to an MT2 vial mixed with 3ml sterile water).

Personally I wouldnt use sterile water if i was using the vial for more than about a week (also what we tell patients) but I doubt its going to hurt you either realistically considering I talk to diabetics all the time who reuse insulin needles 10 or 20x before tosssing them lol.

On a side note though, your priorities are mildly terrifying since an infection is a hell of a lot more to worry about than the MT2 breaking down and having to get a new vial. One is $20 and the other is a trip to the hospital

So if I have this right - I can actually must make my own bac water by mixing injection water with benzyl alcohol?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30ml-Ben...h=item234344616a:g:QhAAAOSwajVUSr8b:rk:1:pf:0

This was the cheapest benzyl alcohol I could find - but states that it's "cosmetic".

(As benzyl alcohol is technically an OTC product - I assume this won't fall under "sourcing".

Would that be a suitable product?

Don't try making your own, you'd need to filter it and we're not having that discussion as well. Given how many months it took you just to buy a vial of MT2, I think you can well afford a few days wait for your bacteriostatic water to arrive.

^I agree with CFC although if he were just adding BA to sterile water he wouldn?t be need to filter it really

There's a difference between what I would say casually to a friend who I know irl, and what I ought to say here to complete strangers in terms of being careful. I don't know how clued up he is regarding sterile practices and have to make the base assumption he's not, especially given he's asking about it. So for the sake of simplicity, it's safer to go by the book.

There's a difference between what I would say casually to a friend who I know irl, and what I ought to say here to complete strangers in terms of being careful. I don't know how clued up he is regarding sterile practices and have to make the base assumption he's not, especially given he's asking about it. So for the sake of simplicity, it's safer to go by the book.

If by sterile practices we mean, wiping off the vial tops with with alcohol swabs - I think I got that under control.

That link basically makes it sound like you just put your sterile water into the MT2 vial, then inject the appropriate amount of benzyl alcohol, 0.9%
And that's pretty much that.

Where does filtering come into it?

Edit - it also states in that thread that bac water made that way has a shelf life of 30 days?

Last edited:
Allow me to answer this question for myself.

"I have mixed feelings about this thread. I see the HR value, but I see so many people failing in attempts to do what you or I may view as simple procedure/instruction. I feel like this thread is misleading, and that there is not nearly enough emphasis that this should be a last-resort, clandestine attempt to recreate true USP grade bacteriostatic isotonic solution.

This guide does not produce a pharmacologically USP grade therapeutic equivalent, and I feel like there has been no emphasis whatsoever on this rather important detail.

I highly recommend that those of you who inject often enough to require bulk bacteriostatic water or saline to get set up with a legitimate supplier/vendor/distributor. If you can afford the separate materials that this guide calls for, you can afford the real deal, actual isotonic solution.

Anyways, like I said I have mixed feelings about this thread, but once again, I do see the HR value."

Ill say again that I agree with CFC and ultimately the best route to go is just wait for bac water although I dont think using sterile or adding BA to sterile is likely to cause any problems.

^I would definitely disagree with that quote though. If you are getting either sterile or distilled water in a proper container, adding BA, and filtering, there is no real reason it isnt a pharmaceutical equivalent other than the fact it want made in an FDA (or equivalent organization) approved facility. That doesnt mean much though since I know plenty of pharmacists who compound their own drugs at home, not to mention most of the compounds people are using on this site are nof pharmaceutical grade.

I'm running out of bacteriostatic water so - I gotta bump this.

Seems as I have 10 vials of MT2 sat in my freezer, and this is something I intend to use indefinitely - using a more cost effective approach to acquiring bac water is something I need to think about.

Plus - the place where I bought it previously doesn't sell it any more.

images

I got a bunch of these at the chemist - so, using the old bac water 30 ml vial, I inject say, 2 of these, with the 0.9% equivalent benzyl alcohol.

Filtering was mentioned but - provided I'm using this sterile water - is filtering really necessary??