• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drugs which have most stigma attached?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I think stigma involves two aspects, time/place and type of drug. Alcohol for example is legal but if you tell someone you drink in the morning, you'll definitely be getting disapproval/"you're a loser" types of reactions.

Illegal drugs I've find have stigma with a lot of users if not in the 'correct' time/place (i.e. party scene). Using before/work school etc..

The only one with full blown stigma regardless of any place is heroin. Where I am at least in Europe, usage of any opiates let alone the strongest one (heroin) is looked at very differently. I think it's true that some drug culture is almost hidden away from everyone.

PCfuckinP. Never in my life have I heard such stupidity about a pretty awesome drug. It's an acquired taste as are most dissos but fack man do people say the stupidest fucking nonsense about it

honestly i dont think heroin even sounds all that bad anymore bcuz so many ppl are getting hooked on it and all these "normal" folk read all the headlines. I think crack and PCP...meth too...dont get me wrong heroin is def up there and has definite stigma

honestly i dont think heroin even sounds all that bad anymore bcuz so many ppl are getting hooked on it and all these "normal" folk read all the headlines. I think crack and PCP...meth too...dont get me wrong heroin is def up there and has definite stigma

Exactly they always say ppl from all walks of life do h

Pcp and bathsalts only the face eaters and mentally Il1l homeless ppl do

As far as a disproportionate ratio between "reputed harm/actual harm" goes, I feel that LSD/"acid" is actually a strong contender.

Where I roll it's definitely heroin, crack, meth, which is funny considering that many of the same people supporting these ideas don't even realise that crack and cocaine are essentially the same drug.

Also, to some extent, I think, steroids, from some people who don't understand them.

Crack. I know so many people that use coke and try to convince themselves that despite it being the same thing in different forms, they are doing better than someone using crack.

All of the hard drugs are always going to be pretty stigmatized, but at the moment, drugs like fentanyl, crack, MDPV, and as always, meth, are in the news constantly, typically with insane stories of mass overdoses, psychotic behavior, and occasionally hilarious headlines (like this./ We don't get a lot of PCP stories anymore, probably because there simply isn't a lot of PCP out there anymore. Ketamine actually I have noticed has a fair bit of stigma, even within the electronic music community.

I've been a part of a Burning Man-ish community in the Mojave for the past 5 years (it's basically a map point rave out in the desert), and the community's generalized perception of drugs is really fascinating in comparison to that of literally any other community or demographic. It seems like the stigmas are with opiates of all kinds, almost exclusively. Basically anything else goes. I learned this first when I mentioned to some people i knew from the scene that I was going to take a morphine to come down from all the coke we'd all been doing all night, since the sun was getting high. And I got a fair bit of judgement! I mostly kept it pretty lowkey from then on except with people who I've known for a while. The thing that makes that weird to me, however, is that there's a fair amount of people who are really into meth it seems, and while I don't see people smoking meth on the dancefloor ever, I hear people talk about it a lot very casually with no stigma, and have seen shards getting racked up in the buses and camps, fairly discreetly, but in groups, and in front of strangers. Ketamine and nitrous are frowned on but people will still very publicly consume them and usually no one will give them shit. Go figure!

^the psychedelic festival community annoys me with their drug snobishness. They know shit about medicine science or pharmacology, they that think weed cures cancer and dmt is released when you die.

They basically are drug know it alls that mostly know nothing and failed high school chemistry because they were too stoned to read but are somehow drug experts thg at think that MDMA can only be 87 percent pure and other stoner nonsense.

I mean most other drug subcultures are quite misinformed also about drugs, but the psy fest crowd thinks they have some legitimate knowledge based derived from delusions on hallucinogens and stuff they read on shroomery, and a documentary they watched about shulgin.

Last edited:
^the psychedelic festival community annoys me with their drug snobishness. They know shit about medicine science or pharmacology, they that think weed cures cancer and dmt is released when you die.

They basically are drug know it alls that mostly know nothing and failed high school chemistry because they were too stoned to read but are somehow drug experts thg at think that MDMA can only be 87 percent pure and other stoner nonsense.

I mean most other drug subcultures are quite misinformed also about drugs, but the psy fest crowd thinks they have some legitimate knowledge based derived from delusions on hallucinogens and stuff they read on shroomery, and a documentary they watched about shulgin.

eh, a lot of them do in comparison to most other drug using cultures, but a lot of these wooks are just getting all their info from fucking hammiltons pharmacopeia (great show, but there's only so much info you can fit into 45 minutes while keeping it entertaining). the delusions thing is real af. the newly made up mysticism surrounding ketamine is hilarious, i won;t get into it here cause it's just too much and we're already off topic. My friends in that community are the ones who are just there because we love techno, the desert, and drugs, not this weird hippie mafia spiritual gangster wokesman BS.

Last edited:
I think Meth has the worst image in my area, but I've also never even seen someone smoke crack here. Like even though I know a lot of the scare tactics are hyperbole those meth ones have stuck with me, so I guess they worked lol.

That being said telling someone you've tried heroin/fentanyl always leads to an awkward silence. Even when people ask about the drug ("have you heard about fentanyl") it's like they have a stroke when you tell them you've tried it and the conversations over.

I recently went to a rave and everyone I went with took LSD, but I was surprised out how much they seem to dislike people on ecstasy. Like they wouldn't get too close to the dance floor because everyone was clearly rolling and I guess they didn't like that?

Edit: @Tryptamino Dude! My friend just took me to my first full moon gathering out in the Mojave it was insane, though my understanding is it's closely guarded secret which makes sense, but damn I want to talk to more people about it lol

Last edited:
eh, a lot of them do in comparison to most other drug using cultures, but a lot of these wooks are just getting all their info from fucking hammiltons pharmacopeia (great show, but there's only so much info you can fit into 45 minutes while keeping it entertaining). the delusions thing is real af. the newly made up mysticism surrounding ketamine is hilarious, i won;t get into it here cause it's just too much and we're already off topic. My friends in that community are the ones who are just there because we love techno, the desert, and drugs, not this weird hippie mafia spiritual gangster wokesman BS.

I also find it amusing how opium is totally okay because bc its natural amongst that community but morphine or codeine pills for example, which are the same ingredients are not okay. And most of the opium they think they are smoking is just tar heroin anyways.

I'm with you, LSD...a lot of the people in the "psychedelic community" are annoying as shit. (Ignorant, too.)

I'd have to say crack with meth a close second, maybe surpassing in some circles. The heroin, H is still chic among hard drugs.

PCP, steroids, heroin, crack, meth - roughly in that order. I find most drug stigmas so silly & arbitrary. Like IV - if you ever admit to having IVed yourself (even if it was only 1x with a new, sterile needle, injecting a sterile solution from a proper via or a micron filtered high purity drug, & you did it well), only your organs will be considered for donation if you die. I discovered that when my late husband died, & it really pissed me off that nothing else would be used from him. He made his own damn drugs in his lab at the pharmaceutical company he worked for & had only injected a few times.

I think the needle stigma annoys me more than any drug stigma, especially as I've gotten so much flack for my VERY rare needle use from friends who were MUCH heavier, more reckless drug users.