Therapeutic cycles (older male)

blaze 57

Greenlighter
I'm a 61 yr old male that has been training fairly consistently since 1976.

Been off of steroids since 1990 and dabbled with them most of the 80's on and off.

Thinking of a low dose of test c around 200mg/wk combined with 200-300mg deca wk

I'm dealing with arthritis and joint-ligament issues (reason for deca) which really don't bother me once warmed up.

Thoughts on this and a PCT? and during cycle with this low of dose of test and deca and my age?

I normally ran HCG the entire cycle and post but that was almost 30 yrs ago.

Thanks

Hey there, welcome to our forum :)

Deca is great for joints, but is a nightmare to recover from - a standard PCT isn't likely to work as nandrolone metabolites tend to cling around in the system for longer than 6 months, and deca and its metabolites appear unusually harmful to cells in the testes.

However, I'm going to leave this for Genetic Freak to answer, as he has more direct experience in your age range.

Thanks, I wish I could find it, should have book marked but there is an excellent YouTube clip on test/deca therapy for arthritis and chronic pain issue. I'm also dealing with ankylosing spondylitis of the spine and hips which is basically a form of arthritis.

The YouTube clip said nothing about PCT and that is where I'm confused. Even more confusing is reading the various steroid sites. Everyone has a different plan. Hopefully Genetic Freak comes along. Would also like to hear from older gents on test therapy.

Not seeking size gains but more in line with joints and pain. I don't want it to further hinder my workouts..that is my only real hobby or the gym.

At that age I think low dose HRT with test/deca and 1-2iu of growth hormone would be very beneficial

You might want to minimize the dose of deca required for joint benefits by using other things. I have in mind Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP, injected into the joint (I am assuming you refer to knees). I mention this because I have a close friend with moderate to severe knee osteoarthritis, who just underwent a series of PRP injections with great results, almost 100% relief, over months. Yes, I know, that's just one anecdote, but if you go a-searching you can find many articles in the medical literature on PRP as a rising star in this area (and other areas as well). It seems to be a great non-specific tissue healing promoter.

Further anecdote: My friend could not afford care in the U.S., so I accompanied her down to Los Algodones (Mexico), across from Yuma, AZ. We were looking for a good orthopedic doc who was affordable. As we walked across the border, I looked left and spotted a big sign, something like "La Medicina", and I said "why don't we check them out?" We did, and the rest is history, so to say. We found a great compassionate and experienced doc who gave her PRP injections at a VERY reasonable price. It worked great.

Also, there's a doctor Dunn in Florida who is using intra-articular human growth hormone in osteoarthritis with (apparently) major success. Then of course there is stem cells; expensive, but probably quite effective. I've been researching these alternatives for my friend; the Los Algodones find mooted everything else, since we got great results at a great price. I can mention specific name if you wish.

Also, there's a doctor Dunn in Florida who is using intra-articular human growth hormone in osteoarthritis with (apparently) major success. Then of course there is stem cells; expensive, but probably quite effective. I've been researching these alternatives for my friend; the Los Algodones find mooted everything else, since we got great results at a great price. I can mention specific name if you wish.

I'll just second this. There's actually a bit of published literature on the benefits of regular IGF-1 and hGH joint injections (plus joint viscosupplementation) in OA, if you're lucky enough to find someone with the foresight and open-mind to offer such a service :)

Been off of steroids since 1990 and dabbled with them most of the 80's on and off.

Thinking of a low dose of test c around 200mg/wk combined with 200-300mg deca wk

I'm dealing with arthritis and joint-ligament issues (reason for deca) which really don't bother me once warmed up.

Thoughts on this and a PCT? and during cycle with this low of dose of test and deca and my age?

Thanks

Hey There, as previously stated you may benefit from low dose nandrolone for your joint issues, not too sure it could help ankylosing spondylitis, maybe look at surgery to remove excess bone growth causing entrapment and pain. (I am awaiting similar surgery)..

At our age it's no longer reasonable to expect gains we encountered 30-40 years ago, but it is prudent to experience elevated mood, libido, and some skeletal muscle increase..

No more than 150mg/week testosterone is needed, it's likely you could manage on slightly less, especially if you add nandrolone for a couple of months (200mg/week)..

Personally I might be inclined to stay on low dose permanently (100mg/week in 2X50mg doses).. Bumping up test and including deca for a couple of months..

Keeping the dose on the lower end might be advised due to inducing BPH with a higher dose...

PCT..!!! Not really necessary at our age..lol same for hCG, kinda a waste of money...

Thanks for the replies! so kind of everyone here. That HGH study sounds promising.

Its virtually impossible to make gains at my age especially due to arthritis and old injuries that creep in. I no longer do free weights. I stick to all machines. 12-15 reps and religiously never take a set to failure. This keeps me in decent shape and I never miss a workout due to injury or too sore. As always try to leave the gym more energized when I enter if possible. Its too easy to over-train I have found.

Genetic Freak's dosage sounds reasonable. Thanks for the recommendation.

TRT and if your joint pain is in the knees, Hyaluronic acid injections from a sports doctor, orthopedic, rheumo etc. Neovisc, Synvisc and Durolane is the best. HGH, from a pharmacy @ 2-4 iu's/day once you can afford it.

Definitely incorporate large doses of Glucosamine sulfate as Well as 5-10 grams Vitc/daily and of course Fish Oil and Tumeric.

Good Luck

TRT and if your joint pain is in the knees, Hyaluronic acid injections from a sports doctor, orthopedic, rheumo etc. Neovisc, Synvisc and Durolane is the best. HGH, from a pharmacy @ 2-4 iu's/day once you can afford it.

Definitely incorporate large doses of Glucosamine sulfate as Well as 5-10 grams Vitc/daily and of course Fish Oil and Tumeric.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info karambit! Like the idea of HGH, yes expensive.

I?m going to throw out that there are some REALLY good generic options available for growth now unlike 10 years ago that are insanely reasonable.

I will say I?ve never used pharma grade so I can?t personally compare but have had training buddies of mine run both so I?ve gotten to see their results and comparisons and I?d say the genetics are just as good from what I?ve seen and hear. 2.5iu a day is a world of difference for me and I?m only mid-20?s

I?m going to throw out that there are some REALLY good generic options available for growth now unlike 10 years ago that are insanely reasonable.

I will say I?ve never used pharma grade so I can?t personally compare but have had training buddies of mine run both so I?ve gotten to see their results and comparisons and I?d say the genetics are just as good from what I?ve seen and hear. 2.5iu a day is a world of difference for me and I?m only mid-20?s

SWIM, which brand has been the Fave and the most consistent. Also wondering if you're aware of any fakes, of that brand, floating around yet?

SWIM, which brand has been the Fave and the most consistent. Also wondering if you're aware of any fakes, of that brand, floating around yet?

Meditrope and mauves are the primary ones I know most are using. No clue on fakes, I?ve always gone directly to the source and not re-sellers so haven?t worried about it much

Meditrope and mauves are the primary ones I know most are using. No clue on fakes, I?ve always gone directly to the source and not re-sellers so haven?t worried about it much

Thanks SWIM 15. It behooves me to try this route so that one day soon I can buy a car, house, island with the savings! lol

Meditropes, the real black tops with the weird stamp on the flip top and batch number on the side, were testing pretty consistently and overdosed by 1/3 (15mg instead of 10mg per vial). Vet your source very well and try to find who's higher up the chain to get as close to manufacturer, so like wholesale guy from manufacturer, so you can get fresh product for cheap. For the price you will pay, spend a lot of time researching your source. Some of the lesser known European/Asian approved gh is good too and cheap like real jintropin or the one that's available in Russia/eastern Europe.

Meditropes, the real black tops with the weird stamp on the flip top and batch number on the side, were testing pretty consistently and overdosed by 1/3 (15mg instead of 10mg per vial). Vet your source very well and try to find who's higher up the chain to get as close to manufacturer, so like wholesale guy from manufacturer, so you can get fresh product for cheap. For the price you will pay, spend a lot of time researching your source. Some of the lesser known European/Asian approved gh is good too and cheap like real jintropin or the one that's available in Russia/eastern Europe.

Thanks Sero 101...That's my usual protocol/check points =D

Thanks
I always matched my test to deca in mg, ( 500mg test 250 deca)