The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

different peole like different things, we've actully had a request from jase for varied music I think.:)

^^^ yeah, no probs .... I am just a hoe for hard stuff which is played right off the bat! ;)

The only "issue" I had at mashed was that the real good music took way too long to kick in. By 1am, at least a 1/3 of the people had left because it was slow.

Hey...if the hard music was going from the beginning, can you imagine how hot it would have been and i bet more people would have been ill...i certainly would have been!! =D

Having varied music keeps more than one type of clubber happy...and happiness is what we want to give!! =D

Hijinx, if you need help or have questions, we'll do our best to help!! :D

might be able to arrange e-flyers for you if you do choose to advertise...let me know! =D

xxx

^^^

if you have to call in a favor for flyers I could knock something up on flash. :)

Does anyone know where Stansted airport is loacted? Far away from London, if now this is the place where the party will be held.

Ryan air plane tickets are so cheap that I can make a round trip from Stockhom under £100. This might even be worth it.

stansted is just outside london.

about 2 hours or less from birmingham I think. :)

Hmm then it sounds like a nice little idea. Never been to England before. To go to a BL meet up would almost certainly guarantee a swell evening of being proper fucked amongst other cute little things. :)

Medi... I have a strong feeling you've never caught the Birmingham to Stansted train;).. I used to live in Cambridge, one stop before Stansted, and I can tell you it's three hours, not two, and at the wrong time of the day the day that train is a BITCH.. but on the weekend you'd be fine and don't let it put you off coming! I used to make the trip just for a night out and you're more than welcome to kip at ours:) If you can get a plane to East Midlands or Birmingham International you'd be doing yourself a favour:).
But there is a direct train and it leaves every hour so you'd have no problems getting here, especially since you're at the beginning of the line, before the train gets packed.. just bring a book or something to do!

I'd be nice if I could catch a flight to birmingham directly but Ryanair only flies Stockholm-Stansted, and they're the cheapest ones. I've been able to sleep on trains before, why should this be any different.

EDIT: hijinx you've got PM

Last edited:
Do we have any idea on where yet?

And are we agree'd on 25th October for this?

Chris

JustinTime - you should definitely come!! it'll be wicked!!! =D

xxx

Yeah it is a saturday mash

we should really update the thread topic to be precise on arrangements as soon as we know :D

Chris

^^ laugh, woo! Will be good to see you again!

I've finally checked my pms;) hm.. that looks wrong.. pms.. anyway, I will look into a couple of venues tomorrow and prices, Justin, I replied to you msg, and if you can sleep you'll be fine!

I think we can safely say it'll definitely be Saturday the 25th, so Medi can change the title to correctly reflect the facts.. I've posted about this in DD (I know some people don't check events very often).. if anyone quibbles with the date I think it's now too late, plus it's the first weekend of the mid-term holidays, so hopefully it'll suit people and maybe give students a break afterwards - if Uni people are off at the same time as primary students? Either way, it's enough time to plan around.

I think also now would be a good time to start organising talent... It would be great if the whole night was played by BL DJ's... so if you'd be keen to play for an hour or so (depending on how many people we get i guess) then nows your chance to put your hands up... remember to list what kind of music you play...

Another thing we considered yesterday was equipment... most venues have an inhouse sound system but we'll likely have to supply our own turntables/mixer/foldback/etc and possibly lighting too... if it comes down to it we can hire the gear but that will mean either more expensive cover charge or some of us ending up more out of pocket. Alternatively we could possibly borrow some off a non BLer but that would mean having them on the set list too..... so this is a call out to anyone who has a pair of 1200's and would be willing to loan them out for the night... obviously we're going to need the rest of the kit too, but if its too much for one person we can probably get someone else to lend us a mixer and stuff....

from other closed thread....

masheadatronic
^^^

I dont think mixing matters too much unless you totally fuck it up, id rather see you play some wicked tunes that I know you have than someone else play whether you can mix or not

If John doesnt play im not coming

Oh my god talk about preasure. lol 8o

Name a few tunes you'd like to hear and I'll spend the next 4 months practicing. :\

Hooray for Harry coming.. I for one am most keen to meet you!
And the more Aussies, the better. I might even go cross post this in Oz events for people who are thinking of coming over around that time.

As to who's doing the whole organising and stuff, I've just jumped on the bandwagon - Chr1.5 had this idea a year ago and Medi revived it - I don't want to tread on anyone's toes here;).

Tried to check out a place today but the manager was busy so I'm waiting for a call back. I think the more people who get in on the organising the better! There's also a place that sounds cool opening in a couple of weeks so I'm waiting to talk to them. We'll keep everyone posted!