The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

yeah we hat americans..... you can stick your coca cola!

:p

ex1*

chrissie said:
why dont you move it over here
so buzzy and i can go :D

Or...why don't you two come over here!?!?!?! It'd be sooooooooooo worth it...you'd have the time of your lives!!! =D

xxx

And we love C Divinity too *glares at RR* :mad:

I second Titania's idea! EVERYONE should come over here for it!

What's the largest meet up to date (anywhere) anyway?

just coz im american
doesnt mean im a fuckwad

sad2.gif

Whats wrong with booking the same place you had for MASHED? I really wanted to go to that and couldnt, and now because 'eight' is a total lightweight (I dont care if he reads this) I cant go to raindance either! (only joking mate)

chrissie said:
just coz im american
doesnt mean im a fuckwad

sad2.gif

We love you and buzzy and RollNRave and kandykorn and LilJo and loads of you crazy americans!! =D

xxx

Last edited:
bongbudda said:
Whats wrong with booking the same place you had for MASHED? I really wanted to go to that and couldnt, and now because 'eight' is a total lightweight (I dont care if he reads this) I cant go to raindance either! (only joking mate)

I guess we could try...only thing is most people have said they'd like to have it out of London...as all the meetups seem to be there...

We WILL be having another mashed sometime this year though...just MAKE SURE you can come to that one!!! =D

xxx

buzzy is actually english
although one might think he to be more american than myself ;)

Yip, seuss just told me that! =D

But we love him even if he isn't american!!! ;)

xxx

this is bluelight, people take things the wrong way.
just a precaution :)

Ok, so, summary?

Can this be done on the 25th October instead of raindance? can it be done in birmingham? What kind of places are there in birmingham to hire? How much are they going to be? Who wants to help pay for skydancer to come? :D

Chris

yes,yes,many I'm looking into it,cheaper than london,umm we may be able to sort something out if we all pay an extra £1.50 or something for the ferry?

What month are we talking?

Sounds interesting!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by RobertRollie
Yeah... damn vegetarian peace protest attending hippies! ;P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only just noticed this - I am NOT a vegetarian - thankyou.

i am NOT a hippy - thank you ;)

are we gonna rent out an entire venue just for the 20 or so peeps who actually show? why not just pick an event or club night that everyone can agree on and meet there?

Vegan: sure sure with a name like that;)

^^ that could work, but I think the idea is that if we have a venue and time to plan we could get lots of people and we could have Bluelighters djing.. We did have over 30.. , maybe closer to 40 people at Mashed so if we really get our shit together we could get lots more.. or maybe not.. I don't know!
Actually, if we do advertise but put on our own people that could cover the possibiliy of not enough comers.. we need to discuss the possibilities!

i told Doomsday boy he was playing- he might need an extra Hijinxs nudge though- and i told Skyline he was dumped if we didnt go so looks like im bringing up the Leeds end :)
i will try to encourage the rest of them.

Hijinx

The only "issue" I had at mashed was that the real good music took way too long to kick in. By 1am, at least a 1/3 of the people had left because it was slow.

I understand the whole buildup with funky house and so on, but perhaps we could just do the whole Frantic style party and just almost dive headon with the good shit?

thoughts?