The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

This all sounds so good! I really hope I can make it :) It is very close to my birthday and that would be a great thing to go to for my birthday!! =D

Heck, if we were going to focus on getting the closest to the highest concentration of Bluelighters then surely we should have the whole event at our house?;)

I agree with looking outside London (though I'll be there on matter what) but all the big meet ups have been in London bar a couple in Sheffield. Perhaps, though, that is the secret to their success?
As to music, it would be amazing to have Bluelighters themselves play - we know we can rely on Dr Suess for a blinding set (should he oblige)=D.

RobertRollie said:
I have to agree, If we're expected to go to london for raindance the weekend before there's no way in hell we'll be back the next week. Also given that the number of bl'ers who actually LIVE in london, its not really convenient for anyone except grob.

Plus if we have it in brum, we can all come back here afterwards and relax rather than go to some shitty recovery club or waiting at the trainstation :p

Ok firstly you make Raindance sound like a chore;) Its not compulsory you know!

Secondly, I agree with the idea that a meetup does not HAVE to be in London (although I think, unless I am mistaken, there are others that live there except Grob (BLers I mean, obviously Grob isnt the only person that lives in London- haha 8) )

Anyway, how soon does the venue realistically need to be booked?
Why dont we leave this post up for a bit and see the general feeling of where people would prefer it to be?
Although I have to say I reckon from the places people came from to MASHED I'd say London isnt the best bet but its hard to know till you see whos comin.............

JENxx

Oh and thirdly - the brum house recovery gets my vote - but we know what thats got to do with - thats just the withdrawel symtons speaking;)

arse.... ? Too much study makes your brain melt, apparently;)

Raindance isn't a chore but coming all the way from Brum is! I know JB is around London.. I'm trying to think of others.. I know it's easier for people who are going to have to fly to get to London though, and hopefully if we organise it really early people might make the effort to come from far away places (LOVING IT, .. Skydancer.. Harry P? You guys aren't too far away!).

The Arse was in aid of a double post:D

I do appriciate its a hassel coming from Brum (believe me though - the trains are easier than from Executor!) So I'm really pleased your making the effort =D =D (I just felt like being rude to your boyfriend;) )

JENxx

*Lucyinthesky* said:
Oh and thirdly - the brum house recovery gets my vote - but we know what thats got to do with - thats just the withdrawel symtons speaking;)

Come one, come all, and become subjects of ME! The Nang Pimp!

Bring it further up North so I can get to it! Of course I'm willing to travel but Im also skint as fuck most the time.

^^^^ i agree... its always london london london!

not the centre of the universe you know! :\

david*

Ok so,

Where? When? How? Where to stay? :D
How many? How Much?

That type of question :)

Chris

Brum or London is fine with me, im centrally located so as long as it isnt in Scotland or Ireland I can make where ever.

Tell us what you really think, Mash;) Well, our house is always up for recoveries and Medi seems to be in the know with venues.. we'll do some calling around:).

MORE WORK?

oh ok in the name of a party =D

Where? Birmingham

When?Novermber 1st

How? Fuck knows

Where to stay?hijinx, RR ,and nursey's place, hotels, parks, under a bridge, up a tower...

How many? 30+ please post your name if you are thinking about this (we can reifne it later)

How Much?hopefully no more than a tenner :D

Ok that sounds much more like it, I can get to Brum in 2 hours.

Lets call it, "TBLHM - The BL Hippy Meetup" :D

Sounds good.

So all we need to know now is where we could get for nov 1st in birmingham. Any ideas anyone?

integrated sessions will VJ your night. i also know very cheap people to do flyers if you're interested. hopefully i can score our projectors etc for free as well.... no promises though.

inonzi_prowler said:
integrated sessions will VJ your night. i also know very cheap people to do flyers if you're interested. hopefully i can score our projectors etc for free as well.... no promises though.
excellent I'll try for a place with a decent lighting/projection rig then! =D

I'll be landing in Brum. Sounds even better now. :)