The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

Here's one I learned from Eezer Good, legendary blagger! When you see the conductor coming, go into the toilet, but don't lock the door. They only knock if it looks like there's someone in there...

I don't think pretending to be asleep will cut it...

^
nah, they'll wake you up... I like the not locking the door thing though :)

if you have plenty of time and are travelling on a fairly main line route you can save shitloads by getting on the train without a ticket, walking down it after you get on to find which end the conductor is starting checking ticekts from.

then go sit at the other end, if it's real busy and he doesn't get to you then woohoo! if he does then just say you got on at the last station the train went thru, and you're getting off at the next one. then just get off there and get the next train to go thru. repeat as needed

a bit of a faff, and kinda boring waiting around i imagine (never bothered myself) but i have a friend who swears by it, he went from Milton Keynes to Newcastle like that and only paid £4.50

I'll have been travelling 20+ hours, probably been awake 30+, what do you think that would get me? Somehow I doubt I'd give a crap about conductors at that point.

I can't come for sure now :(

There's no way in hells bells I can afford the train fare because I just moved into a new gaff and the set-up is proving slightly expensive. Piss wank shit.

:(.

let the preparations continue!!!

i will be bringing along my bastardized semi-effects unit thingy. i was wondering if any of the other BL djs have a cd deck (singular would do) that they would consider bringing along? if not it's no biggy, i'll just record some tunes to MD and play them that way.

ooooh, it's getting well exciting now :D just a-flicking through my records and there are SO many i can't wait to play!!!!!

wh00000t!!! :D

^^ Me three.

Requested time off work today, and was denied. Sorry folks, have a good one.

No fucking way. Damnit people. Get it together, and fuck work/money/hippies :D

FIND A WAY! 8o

Alrighty, I'm doing the set list right this minute and will email it around to once people get back to me and stuff.

So far the slots go:

8-9 - ?
9-10 - Stuart Little
10-11 - Rock Lobster
11-1 - Dr Suess
1-2 - Doomsday Boy
2-3 - DJ Hypersonic
4-5 - Chr1.5
5-6 - Mashead
7+?

As to Grobcore, which we all want to hear, we'll decide on the night and maybe push a few sets back or play a bit between each or see what happens.

Have I left anyone out or included anyone who isn't playing? I wasn't sure if Johnyboy actually wanted to - get back to me if you do. I want everyone who wants to play to have some time so we'll shorten sets or something if there's anyone else. This is not the final word!

As to what's happening, we've got the equipment organised, the venue organised, we're still looking into an afters thing. It's happening at a pub within walking distance of the train and coach stations. It'll be £3 entry to cover costs (hopefully).

Bring anything and anyone you like. I have about 100 people coming so far and the venue fits about 120. The place has a function room plus a bar that's separate and a small outdoor space. You must be there by 11 as the doors will close!

I hope that's everything.. if people want to come early the venue will be open all day and I'll be glad of the help. If anyone is driving something that can fit the sound eq that we are hiring and would be here early enoguh to help us pick it up (we'll give you petrol money!) let me know asap.

The venue is kind of old and rather pub-like, but the owners are really nice and open-minded and the company will be excellent! Can't wait to see you all.. so little time to go!

I'm not going to be able to DJ unfortunately, as I can't get my vinyl back, But I think Jase will probably be up for it. I'll Give him a ring in a bit to find out.

posted in roll call by mistake.. pls move if can... otherwise cheap lifts from leeds... see roll call thread in events!

T

If he wants to dj he can ring or email me, I have enough to do:p If people drop out of dj slots I have plenty of people in line who want them. Plus now with less time to play it might be a moot point.

DB: there is a girl coming from Leeds.. I'll give her your number and tell her to phone you if she wants a ride. How many seats do you have?

JustinTime said:
hijinx came up with a great idea, which will help me to pay less for my train ticket. But I don't know if I can pull the scam off.

The idea:

But the cheapest ticket available (railcard) online between Stansted and Birmingham. Then when it's time to show my ticket, I'll do a; I no speak english, I buy ticket web.

The only problem is that I'm going to have a hard time keeping a straight face, and my greatest fear is that he'll throw my ass off the train.

So how nice are the train people?

Anyone with experience being a con-artist that can give me a few pointers?

an old housemate did this and got away with it in London...he pretended that he was afrikaans and after shouting (in afrikaans) that he couldn't speak english a few times, the conductor just walked away! :D

But i think it is definitely luck of the draw...

Can't wait to see you all!!! =D

ONE WEEK LEFT =d

Weeeeee

The strip club idea is really cool and I'd like to think that a few brave BL ladies are gonna do some booty dancing. :)

Last edited: