Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Going through chemotherapy and my pain is not being managed

TkkbyZ

Greenlighter
Hi,

I am so alone. I'm on 24 prescriptions. I'm in north America. I've got DDD l1-l5, 4 types of Arthritis, lupus (nucleic ), Crohn's, Colitis, Anal fissures, kidney disease, bipolar, ADHD, OCD, Depression, severe anxiety disorder, killer migraines, insomnia and I'm disabled. I have only been on pain medication for a year. I have both acute and chronic pain. My Medicine is not working. The pain treatment is not working. I think fentanyl is worthless. I respond better to morphine, diladidnum, Roxy, and benzos. I think if I could get help for treating my acute pain that I would be ok. They have already dropped my fentanyl due to stupid new laws. I have palliative status now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First and foremost we cannot offer any practical help, specifically with regards to enabling the supply of drugs through this website and its members, but while exceptions should not and will not be made when responding to sourcing attempts I cannot help my anger over your predicament. While situations such as yours have appeared so predictable following the disgusting and hypocritical manner in which the USA has mismanaged the current opiate / opioid crises.

As a UK resident (I have never had the privilege of visiting the States or Canada and am just a guest in this forum) I am aware that I may have a media skewed perspective but I have followed what appears to have been a recent trend over the last decade, namely the overprescribing of oxycodone products resulting in them becoming a normal item in the suburban domestic medicine cabinet as a prime entry level narcotic for youngsters, many of whom appear to be the same victims who turned to street 'heroin' just as the pills dried up, with insult added to injury from the explosion in fentalogues adulterating the street gear following RC vendors dumping them from the grey market.

Other than moving to a location where health care is treated as humanitarian need as opposed to a business and where treatment is provided based on need rather than being subject to whatever the latest knee – jerk reaction is to conservative moral panic, I do not know what to suggest.

I've heard from friends that have OCD that pain medication doesn't work well for them. If I remember correctly, they said it wears off far more quickly than it should. Have you talked to your psychiatrist about this? If what these people told me is true, perhaps having your psych discuss it with your other providers would be to your benefit?

All of that sounds terrible! I hope you can get better help with your pain!

Its unacceptable that you are being reduced. I would find a new doctor, they are out there. If not...

Get poppy pods and make tea, find a new doctor or Get heroin. Be safe and dissolve and volumetrically dose tritating up your dose

I've heard from friends that have OCD that pain medication doesn't work well for them. If I remember correctly, they said it wears off far more quickly than it should. Have you talked to your psychiatrist about this? If what these people told me is true, perhaps having your psych discuss it with your other providers would be to your benefit?

All of that sounds terrible! I hope you can get better help with your pain!

Excellent point. It's certainly very true for me (I have OCD & it's linked to genes which increase drug clearance from cells & the body).

I am also a chronic severe pain patient & my meds aren't enough, though in my case, it's simply that there are no stronger meds available. I use heroin nasally, for almost 10yrs now, & it really does help, though I do not enjoy opiates. I also find fentanyl (& synthetic opioids in general) almost completely worthless for pain. My deepest sympathies. My best suggestion is to keep hunting for a good pain dr & explore all potential alternative treatments for your issues.