Bluelight

Thread: Need YOUR help!! Update the "Welcome Wagon" message new members are sent!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    Cannabis Discussion
    I really like having the "Getting Started" before the rules. It is a more friendly sort of greeting, as opposed to, "welcome, now sit down, shut up and listen here". And the bigger font shows their importance.

Nice.
    - We don't see things the way they are, we see things the way we are. -
    ~~ PM me~~________~~Bluelight User Agreement~~

2. Collapse Details

I totally forgot about the welcome PM when I joined, but I think (now having rereading the oldskool one) that I most definitely skipped over a lot of it due to how large it was.
    It's great to see the new one & definitely think it's a vast improvement, especially seeing new members positive feedback

One thing came to mind when it comes to the possible perspective of a new member who is in great need of help with regards to staying clean = Having their bookmark for BL to be the "Recovery Support" link.... Or perhaps that may only be an idea as a suggestion in "Rec Sup" itself?

I do like that it is shorter than previously, but maybe to make the new member really feel like they are part of... well, a family here (that's how I felt after some time) IS to have a bit more text at the end of it as with the older version. I liked that it really made me feel that I was an individual but never feel that there was no sense of community

Anyhoo, I'll leave that to your thoughts.
    And to the new guys n gals who posted here, WELCOME! WITH HUGS & HIGH 5'S!

3. Collapse Details

Honestly maybe a bit more info on how to post, what a thread prefix is, etc

4. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Short and sweet is the way to go. It was fine for me mostly.

I did have some trouble navigating the site though. Bluelight is the first forum I've wanted to actively participate in so this forum layout is completely foreign to me minus the search bar. And since there's no "similar threads" at the bottom anymore, I had a thesaurus open in a new tab when the search results came back with nothing. Having a link to a thread explaining some of the basics would really help those who aren't tech savvy like me.

5. Collapse Details

Professor Emeritus TheLoveBandit's Avatar
    Jmo - great points.

Emma - we are planning a site upgrade in January (we expect that software to function better and bring some of those kind of nice-to-haves to this 2008 site), and between now and then we (the staff) are reviewing our forums for some mergers, better clarification of content, improved layout, etc. Feedback is always wanted, thank you.

6. Collapse Details

The NSFW button did not work. Could have been my screen but I just replaced it yesterday.

7. Collapse Details

Great job

8. Collapse Details

The guide for greenlighters is broken. http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Greenlighters_Guide

9. Collapse Details

There are many links not working for me. Is it my device or the site?

10. Collapse Details

Professor Emeritus TheLoveBandit's Avatar
    Thank you all for the continuing feedback. We have, in fact, broken our connection to a lot that is stored in "wiki.bluelight.org" and are working to correct that. Please bear with us and know your seeing things we'd overlook so THANK YOU for helping us out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12