• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread *Now with 2019/2020 Speculation*

The LSU thing is too funny. In retrospect it's kind of obvious though. Perrenial bottom dwelling football school becomes basketball powerhouse overnight. Seems fishy.

I can't believe how wreckless that coach was. You gotta put a middle man between you and the cash and never talk business on the phone. And the emails it reminds me of Stringer Bell "are you taking notes on a criminal fucking conspiracy!". The whole thing has been delicious.

VRvePra.jpg

I'll be interested to see how the committee treats LSU with seeding if Smart isn't cleared to play.

Let's see...Kentucky's first game in the SEC tournament

my money is on Alabama who already beat us once and now as a bonus the rest of their postseason depends on winning this game.

great

Lol you obviously haven't seen bama play lately. We suck. Kentucky will beat the brakes off us. As a fan I want us to make the tournament on one hand. But I want Avery Johnson fired on the other so if we lose I hope it's emberassing enough to force a change

Hard to believe Avery hasn't done better there. While Bama is a football school, I don't believe they'd short their BB program, and Avery was a great player...maybe it just doesn't translate to being a good coach?

Personally, I've liked Avery in the NBA and as a person. Respect him and with him success. But maybe coaching NCAA isn't a good fit? Who else would you get?

I like Avery as a person and a recruiter. I could live with giving him one more chance if he brings in a strong X and Os assistant. Our offensive system sucks. But your right who we would hire if Avery is fired has to be considered. We don't put enough money into basketball to attract top coaches. So either a mid major coach or someone with baggage. That's probably the best argument for giving Avery more time. Until we build a new arena basketball will be mediocre

I don't like our chances. Hopefully the win last night got us in the tournament

Man.shit.fuck

This is easily the best Tennessee team I’ve ever seen

Duh lol. It's not even close.

the refs totally fucked up the flow of the game. There were horrible calls on both sides.

Both sides!
Y8GADTYt.jpg

It was still one of the best games this season though.
im always nervous all day selection Sunday... as UKs future depends almost entirely on the whims of the committee.

I still think they'd knock off a team if they made the tournament.

Yeah I think we are better then our record. We just closed the regular season with 3 tough games. If those games had been spread more evenly the narrative wouldn't be that we collapsed.