• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread *Now with 2019/2020 Speculation*

PJ Washington officially out tonight with a "sprained foot". Cal is suggesting it's just precautionary. Maybe so, but I admit, it's impossible to tell in these situations how thick the bullshit is. It supposedly happened well over a week ago when they last played, and tests showed no serious injury.

What worries me is, for them to officially rule him out...instead of starting him then limiting his minutes "as needed" or whatever... that gives ammunition/motivation to the scrappy 15 seed with the chip on their shoulder. A) because it's a sign of weakness, a point of vulnerability B) because it could be perceived as slightly arrogant, as in we are using this as a warm up game where our best player need not play.

basically, cal is not one to give the opponent ammunition unless it's absolutely unavoidable. And he's sure as hell not one to underestimate anyone. Which leads me to believe it might be slightly more than cautionary. Him playing or not playing is a huge call...it means an extra 48 hours of rest before their second game...IF there's a second game. :( . Fuck.

UK and UT can roll deep into the brackets, LSU as well to a degree. That's it from SEC that I can imagine. Rest of us are 1-and-Done, I'm afraid. Funny thing about UK/UT/LSU is that they could all lose to a first or second round 10+ seeded opponent as well. Inconsistent.

Everyone is riding Duke and UNC (one, or both) to the Final Four. Something inside tells me something weird is going to happen again this year like last year's UVA quick exit. I don't know who, but there's Cinderella out there, at least for the early rounds before they get killed. Perhaps more than one.

Kentucky just held one of the best 3 point shooters in the history of the NCAA to 0% from the outside ...0/12. Without our best player.

hows everyone else doing

Man, I picked Michigan State in this game, but I didn’t think they’d blow em out like this. MSU kinda sucked in the regular season, but you just can’t bet against Izzo in the tourney. I love that god damn sleaze ball.

I was hoping China Rider might show up for the bracket contest. Or maybe after the gophers beat Louisville. But he's not posted since January. Hopefully he's alright.

auburn is skull fucking Kansas right now...

Biggest come back in Tourney history is happening right now and I’m having a fuckin panic attack

Looks like y'all are gonna survive. That's all you gotta do. Survive and advance.

FUCK....duke should have lost that damn game. So fucking close! If that was Kentucky...UCFs ball would have went in, float back up and go in again. Man I would have been on cloud 9 for months if that went in. Just rolled around the rim and off.

Last edited:
So much chalk this year. We got Houston next. I guess our fate will likely depend on whether PJ plays or not.

all the games from here on out should be very exciting and competitive. Great tournament so far!

I’m real life depressed right now

i feel for you man. I've been there. Might be there again soon. Tennessee had an unbelievable year. That was an incredible comeback by them in that game. Purdue was just on fire with those 3s...

They really were. It was so frustrating to watch. They could not miss. We lost the game because we played a shitty first half and couldn’t shoot free throws. I will never blame the refs, but it was not a foul on Turner on that 3 ball and then they didn’t fix the clock when we got the ball back. That sucked. I woke up at 3am and couldn’t go back to sleep over this shit. This will go down as my favorite Tennessee team ever.

What a fucking game. This group has a will to win unlike any Kentucky team in recent memory.

This is Cal's 7th elite eight in his 10 seasons at UK. But you know, he can't coach.

I kinda wish I would’ve watched the games last night but, with the exception of golf, I’m not watching sports for a while because I’m a god damn cry baby.

6upEux9.jpg