• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread *Now with 2019/2020 Speculation*

Lol

97LEkti.jpg

Feeling better about our tournament chances tonight after beating south Carolina. We have LSU Auburn and Arkansas to close the year. If we win one of the three we will be safely in I think. Could lose all three and make it but that's dicey

Haha man Kentucky is on another level from us. We may as well be playing different sports. I have a pipe dream we could make the sweet 16 but it'll depend on our matchups.

It saddens me that you bowed out right before the uk Florida game TLB. Don't come crawling back if you guys pull off the upset.

Ha! I haven't been back since January....just hiding and watching to see if we win enough to dance or not. Florida has done well down the stretch, exceeded my expectations (while remaining a non-quality team, IMO, just winning games they have to against teams they should beat). We made it to the top half of the SEC, but close out with vs UGA, vs LSU, and @KY. We play worse at home, but UGA is pure crap. We beat LSU once, I don't think they'll let us do it again, but who knows. I still expect UK to kill us, to close their season at home, but if we can win UGA and show well against LSU, I have more faith in getting a ticket to the dance...we're close.

Mediocre, but better than expected for the season, IMO. IF we make the NCAA, likely around a 10-11 seed that gets bounced in the opening game, but hey..we went. Looking forward very much to next year, still, with the talent coming in and the showing our freshman have made (3 starters for most of the back half of the season). I'm still not sold on Mike White as a coach, but at least I'm not avoiding the games like I used to with football.

Out of the top 5 teams, who does everyone think has the LEAST chance of making the final four? I'm gonna say Virginia for sure. I've watched quite a few of their games this season, including the one that's on right now, and I see no discernible differences between this team and last years. They're coached the same way, they have the same offensive and defensive strategies. They are built to be incredible against their ACC opponents, but as they found out last year, that doesn't get you very far in the tournament.

TN....TN has gotten shaky down the stretch. Not sure what's up with that. I still think UK can flake out at some point, but depending upon their seed they can run deep. I agree UVA hasn't evolved, but it works for the most part and I think they can run deep. Depends on their matchups on if they will make FF or not.

Odds of a 15 or 16 seed knocking off uva two years in a row is pretty slim. They will make the 16 just on seeding.

TN....TN has gotten shaky down the stretch. Not sure what's up with that. I still think UK can flake out at some point, but depending upon their seed they can run deep. I agree UVA hasn't evolved, but it works for the most part and I think they can run deep. Depends on their matchups on if they will make FF or not.

Shaky would be an understatement, but I’m not surprised. I like Rick Barnes, but he has a long history of playing his best players too much and pushing them so hard in practice that his teams typically fizzle out towards the end of the season because they’re just fucking tired. He had a few Texas teams that should’ve won the tourney.

Scratch,I wouldn't be surprised if this little temporary downturn actually ends up helping them. They have time to get momentum again. Go into ncaa tournament being underestimated instead of overall #1. I mean, Tennessee is really fucking good. A couple of losses didn't change that.

cj, I wouldn't put it past UVA to lose in first or second round again. As you said it will all depend on who they get matched up with.

goodluck tlb..I'm pulling for Florida to get in. And bama.

Ooph we blew it against LSU today. Just collapsed down the stretch

Mooney's fucking hot and I've been enjoying my Sunday watching him jump around and throw the ball around. "Big John" indeed.

kXMNGyZz_400x400.jpg

6'9", 243 lbs and only 21 ermagerd

Loss at home to a 1-14 (SEC record) UGA...sm_mf_h...Coach White has been snake bit and can point to losing his big men for last season and this one, but c'mon, man....UGA? I'm kinda excited about next season, with three great freshman coming in. We've been leaning heavy on three freshman for this season, so we should have a lot of talent next year.

But what we lose...a transfer Sr (Hudson) who got real hot last season and spent most of this season disappeared on the bench, only came back to life late in the season. Allen, who had NBA talent 2y ago and spent the last two seasons on the court out of necessity, not because that talent was developing. We lose Hayes, who is our only true big man with experience, but even he was a 4 asked to play a 4-5 and overall not that great...not SEC talent level, but I'll give the kid has a great heart. Bottom line, we are losing a lot of potential that didn't pan out, so I'm not too worried we'll drop much to start next season.

I'm still struggling if I want to make the big dance, get one and done real quick, VS going NIT and getting a few more games in for the youngsters. Personally, I prefer to plan for next year.

Yes, I'm all about next year...I've given up on this year meaning anything. I still can't talk or think about any other teams...Florida has crushed my basketball hopes.

Loss at home in OT to #10 LSU....ok. Moral victory for playing it close all the way to the end. I can point to a handful of issues for Florida (big man injuries, upperclassmen underperforming, etc) but the bottom line is...another L. I'm hearing we'll still make the dance even after we lose to KY (as expected), but we need to win at least one game in the SEC tourney. Good part is, the more we lose, the easier we get of a matchup in the SEC tourney, and the better chance at picking up that win. Besides, we've played better away than at home all season.

I'm still tuning in, but cannot care that much.

That made LSU jump to the number one team in the SEC. Pretty crazy. I still can’t believe we blew that game against them.

Bama fans are clamoring to Fire Avery Johnson. We lost to Auburn in ugly fashion Tuesday blowing a 13 point halftime lead. Team just doesn't have an identity on offense. I feel like Avery has recruited well enough to get another year to put a better product on the court.

Tennessee @ Auburn
Florida @ Kentucky
Louisville @ Virginia
Duke @ North Carolina
Michigan @ Michigan State

oh yeah and LSUs coach has been suspended indefinitely...