• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread *Now with 2019/2020 Speculation*

vU0w391.jpg

pshA9gt.jpg

OpUZaxz.jpg

Refs out there earning those paychecks

I feel sorry for non SEC basketball fans. You would never see that 1st half in any other conference.

That was some of the most physical basketball I’ve ever seen. I’m glad the refs are letting them play. Kentucky is about to run away with this. Both teams hustling, but we’re just cold

I thought you guys were gonna come back for a minute there. I'm glad we've learned to close a tough game... shows a lot of growth. The rematch in Knoxville should be interesting.

Yea, we went on a 13 or 14 point run in the second that saved it from being a complete embarrassment. Y’all looked really good. Definitely looking forward to the rematch. We have to get passed LSU next weekend first

RANKSCHOOLRECORDPOINTSPREVIOUS
1Duke 23-21,5942
2Gonzaga 25-21,5023
3Virginia22-21,4764
4Kentucky21-41,3835
5Tennessee23-21,3761
6Nevada24-11,2407
7Michigan23-31,1506
8North Carolina20-51,1298
9Houston25-11,0859
10Michigan State21-51,04611
Out of the top 5 teams, who does everyone think has the LEAST chance of making the final four? I'm gonna say Virginia for sure. I've watched quite a few of their games this season, including the one that's on right now, and I see no discernible differences between this team and last years. They're coached the same way, they have the same offensive and defensive strategies. They are built to be incredible against their ACC opponents, but as they found out last year, that doesn't get you very far in the tournament.

Kentucky. They just look vulnerable.

Bama has a must win game tonight. We tetering on the bubble.

What do you think are Kentucky's biggest flaws?

I think bama will beat a&m. They're 3-9 in conference play.

lol @ UT playing 0-12 vandy.

Laugh all you want, but we’re only up by 4 points with 17 minutes left and they took us to OT just a couple weeks ago. God damn nerds. I have less and less faith in this UT team with every mediocre win. We just can’t put anyone away. The LSU game will say a lot about this team.

0-12...now 0-13...I'm sorry but that's just pathetic. How that coach still has his job I have no idea. They need to send him home and promote the assistant just out of principle.

Florida knew their postseason was on the line tonight. Very good overtime game.

now on to Duke unc where Zions foot just slid and burst out of his sneaker. Injured 33 seconds in. What a bummer for all those celebs and rich people.

It's funny how even without Zion, Duke still has two top 5 draft picks and a Hall of Fame coach on their home court...and yet somehow they get a pass for getting stomped. Any other team, it would have been next man up mentality and no excuses.

Not a good look for Nike. That blown shoe on the cover of the sports page this morning lol.

Bama fucked. We on our usual end of season slide. Hopefully we move on from Avery Johnson.

I don't know enough about the X and Os of college ball to tell you why I think Kentucky is vulnerable. They just don't seem to be as dominant as usual.

Well, it's true, Duke took a lot of the spotlight this year. I think everyone wrote us off after that first game.

What gives me hope for this team is how they never give up. They always want to win. Whether they're down 20 or up 20, they stay on their toes. Never let their guard down. One guy has an off night, someone else steps up. Hagans had an incredible couple of months...was a truly outstanding defensive star...but the last couple of weeks he has slid back a little. Quickley stepped up. Now that Travis will be out a couple of weeks, Richards and EJ know it's gonna be on them.

and our vet this year (sophomore) Washington has shocked the crap out of me. I never would have predicted his leadership ability or the way he has transformed his body.

On a side note, it’s funny to me that this thread is dominated by SEC fans. I mean, we have decent basketball down here, however, not historically the best. Surprised there aren’t more ACC, Big 10, Big East, etc folks in here.

An elimination game for bama today vs Vanderbilt