• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread *Now with 2019/2020 Speculation*

Bama got robbed by the refs yesterday against Tennessee. We had the ball down 1 with 4 seconds. Our best shooter got called for a bullshit travel as he drove by the defender.

I was watching when it happened... I couldn't tell at the time. But I thought...damn...that's a gutsy call to make right now. The unwritten rule is let them play unless it is something extremely obvious or egregious. Rewatching, I think it was a bad call given how the rest of the game had been called up to that point.

I mean, it just doesn't look good. Loose officiating for 99% of the game, then traveling call with 5 seconds to go that ends the game in favor of the home team.

Bama got robbed by the refs yesterday against Tennessee. We had the ball down 1 with 4 seconds. Our best shooter got called for a bullshit travel as he drove by the defender.

That’s not why you lost the game.

That’s not why you lost the game.

Wasnt the only reason but it was the final reason. Regardless it was a bullshit call. SEC wanted Tennessee to be number 1 in the country. Bama gets similar calls in football. Refs being paid by the conference tend to do what's best for the conference.

Wasnt the only reason but it was the final reason. Regardless it was a bullshit call. SEC wanted Tennessee to be number 1 in the country. Bama gets similar calls in football. Refs being paid by the conference tend to do what's best for the conference.

You’re overthinking this. Bama got dominated in the first half, wasn’t able to slow the game down in the 2nd half while UT played like shit and does not have the maturity to finish games, especially against a team as seasoned as Tennessee. Oh, and it actually was a travel. Probably shouldn’t have been called at that point during the game, but it was 100% a travel.

Bama seems to have a promising future, but has a lot of growing up to do.

And guess what??? WE ARE NUMBER ONE GOD DAMMIT! Feels good as fuck.

Oh, and y’all should really work on free throws. That was a major difference in the outcome

Should have never been an OT game. But holy shit, Grant Williams looked like Benard King tonight. Totally carried us. 23 for 23 from the charity stripe. 40 points. Unreal. I hate being a Vol. they are gonna make my heart explode. Still #1 baby

Last edited:
Lost a close one to Baylor. Pretty sure that is the nail in the coffin of our tournament hopes.

^ Hell no man. Y'all got good wins in a tough conference. It's only the end of January. You guys get in a little run and you're right back in the mix. Also the sec tourney.

kentucky got a good win against Kansas last night. I feel like we are hitting our stride but we still got two games against Tennessee so we will see how that goes eh chickenscratch

The past decade for Florida Gator football has been abysmal. Key image that keeps coming to mind is the last coach, Jim McElwain (Coach Mac, Butters, Shark Humper) and how we came in second for nearly every top recruit - to make us think we were competing but not quite there. That's the feeling I have with this basketball team - keep coming in second in most of our games. At times, we can tie it up and be close; or only lose by a small single digit margin. Making you think we were competing but not quite there. And yet, at the end of the day, YOU are the LOSER yet again.

I don't know if we'll make the NCAA tournament. If we do, it'll be a bad seed with a one and done. I kinda want NIT, so the younger players get more practice time, because the future is ... not now. Our seniors are all performing lower than they did the last year or two. Our two big men are out for the season with knee injuries and we have a 4 playing center at this point. We are outsized at every position. We're starting 3 freshman, and have done so the last few games. The only bright thought being our freshman are green, but they are good with great potential. And they'll be joined by three really good incoming freshman, two of whom are McDonald's All Americans already. The future is...not now.

Sorry I can't comment on other teams. If I can't watch my own, I won't bother to watch anyone else remind me how bad we are this year. Good luck to ya'll and your teams.

TbTfjse.jpg

Bama got another ranked win the other night. Petty is looking like a pretty legit player. We suck at closing out games though. Can't shoot free throws can't inbounds the ball against the press. Just like basic high school level shit. Weird.

Hopefully we kill Auburn Saturday

I'm telling you, the SEC is deep as fuck this year. It's been leading up to this for a long time. As much attention as the ACC gets, there's only one ACC team that has a shot. I'm sorry but Virginia is overrated every year. They have a system that works in their conference and they get exposed once tournament play starts. That's gonna happen again this year, hopefully not as embarrassingly as last year but who knows...

as as far as duke goes, I'm open to being convinced but as of right now I remain unconvinced that they have an automatic pass to the final four. If you examine their schedule, it's been pretty damn light up to this point. Excluding the first game of the season, in which they admittedly stomped Kentucky, Every good team they've played has taken them to the brink or beaten them. We're gonna find out a lot through the next month. Two more cupcakes then @UVA, @Louisville, NC State, UNC, @Syracuse, @VT...

It saddens me that you bowed out right before the uk Florida game TLB. Don't come crawling back if you guys pull off the upset.

Sorry bout that comeback TLB, if you're reading this. UK going for its tenth straight tomorrow at MSST. Gonna be a tough one. Then LSU at home Tuesday who are really on the rise.

Big Duke/VA game tomorrow night. It will be fun to see which ACC team is the most overrated. I think it's VA for sure.

LSU beats Kentucky, which means Kentucky is prolly gonna skull fuck us on Saturday night in Lexington

Any other team besides Tennessee, yeah, I'd say you'd be right. Kentucky is gonna have a chip on their shoulder after that horrible call and they're not going to want to lose two in a row at home. But the TN guys are veterans and they aren't going to be intimidated or scared of anything. They'll just knock the chip right off. I'm not optimistic at all unless we have a much better night from the perimeter.

I loved cal bringing up the botched final four game, after which they made shot clock violations reviewable. This shit always happens to us. It's fucked up.

the Duke loserville game was entertaining. Both teams make me sick though so no good outcomes.