• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread *Now with 2019/2020 Speculation*

I watched the Bama game. I'm leaving Monday morning. Is Kentucky as good as years past? Didn't seem like they had a go to scorer. But Bama seems like a good defensive team or at least in that game. First time I've watched them this year. 10-3 seems well on the way to the tournament so hopefully we don't collapse.

This UK team is different than any other in the Cal era. Their identity is defensive aggression, takeaways and rebounding. Effort. I thought for their first SEC road game they did pretty well. Our schedule is BRUTAL this year. Duke, UNC, Louisville, Tennessee twice, Auburn twice, MS State twice. All ranked. And Kansas on the 26th...

The system is so fucked up. Nevada for example, they play nobody all year, but they'll probably end up getting a 2 seed or something even with their loss.

That makes sense. Any 1 and dones for Kentucky? I'm kinda pissed Bama wasn't better last year seeing how well Sexton is doing in the NBA. We will never have another guy like him most likely.

Yeah, Keldon Johnson will be a top 10 pick. Quickley and Hagans will most likely depend on how the rest of the season goes.

As for unranked teams, I?ve got my eye on Marquette.

I?m a god damn genius. They?re ranked now and what a win tonight.

They just beat Creighton in OT 106 -104.

Marcus Howard had a Big East all-time high of 53 points . 10 for 14 from 3 point land. Sick.

Oh and LOL @ Auburn.

I'm thinking UF ends up ranked about 10-12th...in the SEC. :(

Never F$U. Never. If they played ND, I'd cheer for the meteor strike.

Alabamas season is falling apart. Lost to a bad Texas am team.

Alabamas season is falling apart. Lost to a bad Texas am team.

they aren't actually that bad. A lot of their losses were close.

florida held their own against Tennessee...

ole miss and Mississippi state game was great.

Gator basketball this season as defined as being the opposite of 'clutch' or 'closers'.

Hung tough with a top10 Michigan State team, only to lose by 4 at home.

Hung tough with a top5 Tennessee team up to the last minute, then gave away a half dozen points to make it look bad.

Hung tough with #24 Mississippi at their place, only to lose by 3 on the road.

As bad as football was for a decade and it is starting to recover, now I'm watching our basketball slow-motion slide into mediocrity. What did I do to deserve this?

Down goes Michigan. I guess we’re playing bammer to be #1 in the country today, unless UVA beats puke, then I suppose it’s a toss up

I am not feeling very confident after this game and the Florida game, but come Monday we will likely be #1 in the country for the second time in the history of UT basketball, and that makes me happy as fuck.

And LOL @ Kansas

Alabama is good. I was hoping they'd win so our 2 point loss @alabama wouldn't look so bad.

Considering they took us down to the wire, that loss doesn’t look that bad. I fully expect Tennessee to split the regular season games with Kentucky, lose in the finals of the SEC and get bounced in the sweet 16 of the tourney.

Just got back from dinner, but this UVA/Puke game is lookin good

Last edited:
yeah...I'm guessing it will be close until the last possession, then Zion will make a play and espn will jizz its pants all week.