Retro-music thread- v. Get some new fucking ideas

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
Okay, I'm not going to define retro, but let's call it any contemporary style of music that throws-back to some sort of bygone era. Might be some kinda chillwave evoking 80's synths, or a gloomy modern doom band ala Black Sabbath meets Deep Purple, Tame Impala channelling John Lennon, etc.

I'm gonna throw this one out there. The Night Flight Orchestra, band made up of a bunch of Swedish metal musicians playing some weird hybrid of 70's/80's rock, synth heavy, epic 80's melodies, goddamnit they even threw in a bit of disco.

Song is catchy af:

I have no idea what specifically, but it seems BOC are directly lifting the soundtrack of an 80's childhood, adding a bad dream or two, recording onto time-travelling tape that is played backwards on a distant, dying future earth.

Uneasy music, I can only handle these guys in bits, but this is their most accesible and complete album imo

Come and feel uncertain about the future with me:

I have no idea what specifically, but it seems BOC are directly lifting the soundtrack of an 80's childhood, adding a bad dream or two, recording onto time-travelling tape that is played backwards on a distant, dying future earth.

Uneasy music, I can only handle these guys in bits, but this is their most accesible and complete album imo

Come and feel uncertain about the future with me:

That's really nice.
dleell