• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. The Great Thanksgiving Turkey Drop

I am seeing how constant vigilance isn't some phrase to be scoffed at.

My problems seem to grab me after I have been doing great. It is like it has been waiting for me to put my guard down and pounces me out of the shadows.

I guess this is one reason people like to remain active in recovery communities. A constant reminder of the hole we used to crawl around in. Oh dear Zeus I do not want to fall back down into that hole. More like willingly & violently dig my way down into a new hole.

Or rather more like lock myself in a box. It was never truly a hole.

It's ok, football has so many weird sayings...fleeflicker being another weird one. ; )

Hail Mary....basically like Cap H said , you just throw the hell out of the ball and say your prayers that the receiver catches it. Hence Hail Mary.

Proud of you chinup, you're doing really well!!!

xo,
Ash.

ah ok. i'm english so it went over my head. i hope the medication works.

i'm still clean after having my first time out of rehab on my own in a city centre for a long while yesterday. i bought books and went to a meeting. i felt so elated when i got back for not fucking up.

Well, it feels weird putting up my Christmas Tree when it's 80 degrees out, but it's done and I think it looks like a fine tree. And if I have insomnia again tonight, I'll just sit and stare at my tree.

Sounds like a lovely evening, mine's up too.

I hope you get some sleep though.

xo

Well, it feels weird putting up my Christmas Tree when it's 80 degrees out, but it's done and I think it looks like a fine tree. And if I have insomnia again tonight, I'll just sit and stare at my tree.

Sorry to hear that CH. I'm not in the greatest frame of mind, either, but it's difficult to be when sleep is so hard to come by. I really should make more of an effort to get to meetings if nothing else than to see my recovery buddies. I'm finding myself in not the greatest headspace, a bad place to be.

I'm wishing and praying that things turn around for you CH. You are a wonderful ever present force and you're doing a lot of good around here, and everyone needs you, but what is most important is that YOU feel good.

Much love to you Captain!

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

not doing well, trying so hard to be happy and well. :|

I think your plan to see your recovery buddies sounds good aihfl.

It makes me sad to see you're not feeling up to snuff aihfl, you are another that gives so much to others here, it's a beautiful thing to see.

I am sure things will improve once you get your sleep issues under control.

You know I am here for you anytime.

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

I've worked really hard over the last 6 months on my mental health and recovery. I'm finally getting some pay off. I found a city (Minneapolis) where the sober community really seems ok with Suboxone. I've found multiple sober homes that allow it. I'm so thankful. I'm planning to move mid January. I'm really excited to put all the skills I've learned in therapy over the years into practice by myself a thousand miles away from my old life.

I turned 30 early this month and I swore my 30s won't be like my 20s. I'm committed to that. I'm gonna make it or die trying.

Man you sound SO GOOD cj!!

You sound like you have such a good game plan going, I just know that your 30's are going to be really great for you!!! You're really great cj.

Happy Belated birthday my dear friend.

Much love cj,
here for you always,
your friend,
Ash. xo

I've worked really hard over the last 6 months on my mental health and recovery. I'm finally getting some pay off. I found a city (Minneapolis) where the sober community really seems ok with Suboxone. I've found multiple sober homes that allow it. I'm so thankful. I'm planning to move mid January. I'm really excited to put all the skills I've learned in therapy over the years into practice by myself a thousand miles away from my old life.

I turned 30 early this month and I swore my 30s won't be like my 20s. I'm committed to that. I'm gonna make it or die trying.

Idk if you're a 12 step fellowship kinda person but the NA community there seemed strong when I visited a couple years ago. Lots of recovery and clean time and things to do.

Coming up on 6 years 11 months next week. I'm tired.... School is kicking my ass lol.

well done serotonin!!

cj- the drugs will certainly start taking their toll more if you don't stop soon, or so i've been told and got every reason to believe. i'm pretty sure if the respiratory problems that accompany continuous respiratory depression (even before the insane crack smoking) escalated it'd be enough to make me strongly consider quitting opiates if i wasn't already making a serious attempt to stay off them.

64 days clean, the last 4 of which i been out of rehab for so actually feel more like an achievement.

Hey CJ - that is awesome. So glad to hear you're getting away from Alabama. I have good memories of MSP - cool place and the people there seem on the whole young and hip. It gets colder than a witch's tit, though. Even though, it's amazing it doesn't stop those people from enjoying the outdoors even in the middle of winter - cross country skiing, snowshoeing etc. So are you going to become a Timberwolves and Vikings fan?

I might take the Vikings as a second team but I'm an Eagles fan for life.

Yeah it'll be cold but I'm sorta looking forward to that. It's going to be completely different from my life now and that's what I want. I may eventually get off Suboxone but I'm not in a huge hurry. I want to get down to 2mg fairly quickly though while I have all this ativan. I'll have to give that up for awhile when I go up there.

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well. Sorry for being such a stranger as usual. I always try to check in at least once a month, just to let you all know that I'm thinking of you.

This Thanksgiving was really rough; Since the last one, I've had several close friends and family members either pass away (including my dad) or move away. I also have a few friends and family members that aren't going to be around for long (advanced lung cancer, etc.). Not to throw myself a pity party here, but I basically ate a bowl of stuffing with some mushroom gravy on it and went back to bed around 7pm.

I'm glad that my mom is still around because it gives me incentive to be here for her, as she is obviously hurting as much as I am (or worse). Of course, I always feel as though I'm just adding to her worries and not helping enough, even though she and everyone else assures me that I help a lot.

Anyway, happy belated turkey day and I'll try to be in touch before Christmas.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Yeah I agree I totally gave up needles. Haven’t done hard drugs in years despite everything. Really miss meth. Don’t even want opiates. :| still heavily depressed.

Yeah I agree I totally gave up needles. Haven’t done hard drugs in years despite everything. Really miss meth. Don’t even want opiates. :| still heavily depressed.

Whaaaaat?! The IM bupe king retired??? Awesome work CH. Lol