Post an embarrassing/pathetic song you used to love.

lol come on you guys none of this is really embarrassing. i once bought a spice girls album. i still have it because i'm too embarrassed to even risk someone catching me throwing it away. IF YOU WANNA BE MY LOVER...

Wow, that song is the poster story of how Starship sold out everything that Jefferson Airplane ever stood for, but... hey cool - as long as you enjoy it ;)

I would much prefer this one by them:

Word! Starship were a fuckin abomination...

Starship were fab you phillipustine.

Do we really have embarrassing songs?

In the sense that, idgaf what other people think, as most other people like shitty music and my taste is fabulous - to me.

Also stuff I liked when I was 3 I still like now, my tastes have never changed in the least, they've only grown in scope.

Anyway this was the first vinyl I really remember boogying to when I was a wee 2-3 year old though (I remember getting my Mum to dance with me, such a vivid memory too lol), so maybe this is suitable.

Still love disco ;)

Put your muthafuckin hands in the air y'all

I listened to that going to the shop for milk, last week ( it was a particularly, ego-deflating kind of day ;) ). Yep, its laden with bullshit lol Nevertheless, the beat of music is blind to judgement; this is how people with merit and none have found acclaim( both waranted and void of it), throughout the mellenia - this warrants the neccesity for rationality with the beautiful irrational of music. Tough call....but warrants worthy criticism, very neccesary.

The image is always tenuous but the music Is/Do.

Last edited:
Can't figure out how y'all attached your screenshots. Oh well. Ok, here it goes & never told this before. When I was 9 (1975) I was completely infatuated on Barry Manilow's hit "I Write The Songs". Made my Mom buy me 45rpm vinyl of it for my birthday. I'm completely embarrased & must run away now! ?

https://youtu.be/1-esM-afmi8

^ Yee-haw! I recall liking his two pop sensations, also.

Can't figure out how y'all attached your screenshots. Oh well. Ok, here it goes & never told this before. When I was 9 (1975) I was completely infatuated on Barry Manilow's hit "I Write The Songs". Made my Mom buy me 45rpm vinyl of it for my birthday. I'm completely embarrased & must run away now! ��

Dammnit he could sing though(saccharine) but he had a good voice.(copy/paste YT addy, paste in dropdown icon;second icon from left on tool bar)

The more I post on here the more I realise I gleefully enjoy the really shit music from my kidhood. Happily.

This. oh dear...They were the best of times they were the R.V.Winkle of times. I think the arse references were particularly, intriguing att.
I particularly like the way the director accurately mixed a Friends type of atmosphere, with prison.

Last edited:

...way back when I thought I knew everythin' and knew nought...the shame. Dont look at me.:(

Walk by Pantera, loved it in the 90's, now not at all. Seems to mainstream and very mild metal now . Although there are quite a few Pantera songs i still like, just not Walk