• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Talking to strangers in person: yay or nay?

^ It's best to meet people in real life. I've done internet dating for like a decade and you're not missing out on anything. Some were hookups, others were long-term relationships. As a person who doesn't go out much, the internet made it easier to meet people. Dating apps and social media are ruining everything. People aren't serious anymore, they're just looking for the next best thing. Women especially need to be careful because some men are dangerous sociopaths.

I won't be dating for quite a while, but whenever I'm ready, it will be someone I encounter while I'm out and about.

Every single person on this thread except for one is an introvert?
Extroverts are too busy spending energy on talking to randos IRL.

The internet is one of the best places for an introvert to socialize. Not much commitment. It's perfect.

I talk to myself already

small talk w/ biz or interactions is normal

sometimes you are in a talkative mood, or someone else is

don't come at me trying to sell or beg

I read an article that popped up on my feed that says NAY to randomly striking up a conversation with another person, particularly on commutes or other by chance times passing on the street.

https://www.theonion.com/report-its...ite&utm_source=theonion_copy&utm_campaign=top

However, there are other articles and websites that advise that it is very healthy to strike up chit chat to people you don't know, totally normal and I recall when I was younger people tended to do that a lot more than now.

https://upliftconnect.com/hidden-benefits-of-talking-to-strangers/

These days, maybe because I am an introvert by nature and don't feel the need for company all the time, I don't see the amount of general communal banter around where I live.

Everyone used to know their neighbors, used to know people through church or work or the PC committees at schools.

I dont know my neighbors apart from their names and shared protests at a highway built behind our street.

Has it become normal now to not even make eye contact or have anything at all to do with other people to the point of avoiding even acknowledging each others presence by concentrating on our phones?

Out and about, at clubs or bars, there are still some types of interaction between groups that don't know each other around pool tables or what not .

Is getting to know people through the internet by joining groups that gave meet ups the new normal?

I'm not confident enough to strike up a conversation with someone I've never met (unless they're a friend of a friend or something) but occasionally a stranger will start talking to me at the supermarket or on a bus or something and I'm happy to chat with them.
I was homeless for three years and was in and out of various homeless hostels and would always just start conversations with people to try and make friends (or at least addict-companions).

If I'm drunk or high I'll make conversations with random strangers lol

VHtPdgh.jpg