• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using narcan to precipitate withdrawal then switch to Suboxone

I woke up the 4th day not in any kind of withdrawal!! This is great I have no cravings or anything. I?m going to take my 4mg dose and go to church and save the other 8mg for later.

Awesome. Isn't great being stable? I'm not there yet. I'm on day 3 of re-induction. I'm also on Subutex not Suboxone.

I think me feeling shitty is partially due to being in Neurontin (gabapentin) withdrawal today. I haven't taken them since around 4:30am yesterday.

Hope you enjoy church and feeling like you again. :)

Hey Ragna-

Now that I'm feeling better, it was Neurontin. I metabolize things quickly.

That's great that you're participating in NA meetings by raising your hand. I keep Subutex to myself for now. I mean, I have a close friend I occasionally go to meetings with, that knows.

If I meet someone I get close to, I may share that. My reason for keeping it to myself is I don't want to get pissed off and not go back.

If anyone tells you that you're not clean because your on subs, that's bullshit. My life is completely unmanageable if I'm shooting dope everyday. So, for me, I'm clean as long as I'm not doing that.

I also was on methadone. I had a bad experience with it. I was sick everyday by 4pm. Every morning I went into the clinic visably sick. Pale, face covered in sweat, etc. I tried to voice this to my counselor who was an idiot, everyday. He kept telling me it was in my head. It was a nightmare.

By pure coincidence, it was discovered during a blood test, that I'm an aborrent metabolizer. My methadone level was so ridiculously low in the morning that they asked me if I was really swallowing it. Wth? I know people sell spit back. Not me. I want my meds thank you.

Anyway, I have to split dose. I'd either take most of it in the morning, or half of it and take the rest in the afternoon or evening. But I went through hell for s few years. I also still had cravings.

But, that's irrelevant. I have cravings no matter what I'm on. Im the problem. I've learned that I have to do more than take an opiate replacement. I have to participate in my recovery.

Use the numbers on the pamphlet if you need or want to. Really. Most people want to help. I'm really happy to hear that you are feeling better. You're making great progress. ???????????

Thanks 10yearsgone. I do the same thing I take 8mg in the morning and 4 in the evening, but it completely gets rid of my cravings. Even for alcohol which is good because I think they check for that too. I heard there?s a test that shows it 4 days in your urine.

I too take gabapentin 800mg 3x a day and I also take baclofen 20mg 3x a day, as well as venalflaxine. I have bad sciatica and PTSD.

I was on methadone for a while too and all I did was sweat. Non stop it was awful. I?m actually taking just the Buprenorphine not the naloxone. Mine are pills not the strips too. I still feel a little off in the evening but not at all in withdrawal.

I take 800mg Neurontin (gabapentin) 4x a day.

It was prescribed for nerve pain, which it didn't help for. But, what I found it helpful for is severe anxiety and panic attacks. It was/is absolutely life-changing for me.

I lived with severe anxiety and panic attacks most of my life. I was also diagnosed with Bipolar 2 four years ago. Gabapentin keeps my anxiety much more manageable.

I'm able to think more rationally. It's also a big help with toning down racing thoughts. I also credit gabapentin for helping me with wanting to be clean.

Actually really wanting to. There was a time when I had no desire what-so-,ever to stop. I planned to be on opiates for the rest of my life. God had different plans ??

One night, when I was getting high, I realized I couldn't stop. I went through $,150k in a year.

But, I digress. The night I realized I couldn't stop, I said a prayer. " God, I can't stop. (crying in desperation). I can't stop. I need your help ".

About 5hours after I said that prayer, my house burned down. The fire chief found some empty bags and rigs. I was in handcuffs, watching my house burn down. That night, I was in jail detoxing cold-turkey. I was hallucinating, had seizures. Great fun.

That's the just of the story. I was put in Neurontin in jail. God got my attention. In style lol.

I'm so grateful that the desire to be clean is in my heart. There's more to this story. But the point is, I was put on a life-changing medication.

I'm stable now on subs and so relieved lol. Hope you're well Ragna.

PS- mine are white pills. The naloxone in Suboxone gives me headaches and anxiety.

My sub Dr. writes Subutex. I never voiced that I wanted it. But, I'm glad she chose to write it by her own accord.

Wow 10years that?s quite a story. I?d say God was looking out for you. I thank God every day I didn?t die.
I?m now a week and a half on subs and doing great! I have no desire to use anything or drink. My mood is great. And my PTSD seems to be better from this med.
I?m actually starting my group today at the va here in about an hour.