• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

How can I get my son off drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get off your son's back. Live your life, if you have one. Be an example, be the strong person you want your son to be. Get a life, if you don't have one. Friends, interests, good time - take good care of yourself, be happy to show how to be happy to your son. Don't be another problem in his life, weed is a good painkiller and life can be dark.

Don't be another problem...what an amazing idea

Damn some of the comments are just thoughtless.
I understand the tone behind your post. It sounded desperate for help, angry, and defeated. An I'm so sorry.

That being said, I'd try spending more time with him. Don't pry, just talk. He may be going through some rough stuff. Don't pester, but that doesn't mean you have to stop being a mom either. Once a healthier and stronger bond is set, then I would bring in the more stern tones. You must be tactical in an sense.

The OP was a troll. Can one of the mods close this thread please?

Thanks.

Damn some of the comments are just thoughtless.
I understand the tone behind your post. It sounded desperate for help, angry, and defeated. An I'm so sorry.

That being said, I'd try spending more time with him. Don't pry, just talk. He may be going through some rough stuff. Don't pester, but that doesn't mean you have to stop being a mom either. Once a healthier and stronger bond is set, then I would bring in the more stern tones. You must be tactical in an sense.

I apologize about the font bolded it is a pain to change and won't let me do it all together.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/4068613.Gabor_Mat_

"Not why the addiction but why the pain."
Gabor Mate

"The attempt to escape from pain, is what creates more pain."
Gabor Mate

"The difference between passion and addiction is that between a divine spark and a flame that incinerates."
Gabor Mate, In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction

I think if you read every single one of his quotes you might feel better (i.e. hopeful/insightful) but it looks like you are long gone.

Couple more for the heck of it:

"It is impossible to understand addiction without asking what relief the addict finds, or hopes to find, in the drug or the addictive behaviour."
Gabor Mate

"The greatest damage done by neglect, trauma or emotional loss is not the immediate pain they inflict but the long-term distortions they induce in the way a developing child will continue to interpret the world and her situation in it. All too often these ill-conditioned implicit beliefs become self-fulfilling prophecies in our lives. We create meanings from our unconscious interpretation of early events, and then we forge our present experiences from the meaning we've created. Unwittingly, we write the story of our future from narratives based on the past...Mindful awareness can bring into consciousness those hidden, past-based perspectives so that they no longer frame our worldview. Choice begins the moment you disidentify from the mind and its conditioned patterns, the moment you become present. Until you reach that point, you are unconscious. In present awareness we are liberated from the past."

Gabor Mate

(Wouldn't accept the Spanish e!)

Help him get to the point where he hates everything about his life and wants change. A lot of times that means going further into addiction before having a real chance to get out
Ouch.

A song to brighten the mood.

However I basically found this place all by myself.

I'm closing this since the OP was a troll, and I don't want people to keep taking the time to reply thoughtfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.