• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NBA Discussion Thread -- TRADES/PLAYOFFS/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd see AD go to the Celtics before the Lakers. They don't have the assets. Nobody will be able to offer what Boston can. God knows they need it. I was so excited for this year and it's turning out to be painful.

The picks are pouring in lol

Bucks @ Knicks

Thunder @ Rockets

76ers @ Celtics

Lakers @ Warriors

Blazers @ Jazz

Anyone see that double OT OKC@Spurs ? They scored almost 300 points. Great game. They play again tonight at OKC.

I'd love to see a Thunder/Warriors western conference final. Or a Thunder/Raptors final.

Lebron is really bumming me out. He's gonna be out at least three more games. Know what the next three games are? OKC, Rockets, Warriors. Now those potentially awesome games mean absolutely nothing. Great.

Do you guys think it would be a smart move for the Lakers to basically trade their entire team plus draft picks (minus Lebron) for Davis? They have 9 days before the trade deadline. If a deal doesn't take place before then, it will likely stretch into the summer.

Yeah I think it would be smart. They are t going to win the ship this year so may as well pick up the second all star and build a team around him and Lebron in FA.

I've been slacking on this thread I'll be here more now that football is about done

Lebron being out this long kind of shocked me tbh. Right after the incident he made it sound like it was no big deal. I don't know exactly how to feel about him sometimes, as a player. What he does outside the game, as a person, I love. But time and time again he seems to fold when the pressure is on or the expectations are too high. I'm probably just being cynical but it feels like to me he knew this AD thing was about to happen and he wanted to effectively disappear right before that big time stretch of games. Because as soon as he got injured people stopped talking about the Lakers making the playoffs. I don't think he wants to prolong this season knowing that most of the guys on his team are going to be traded. He's just taking a little vacation to heal up and burn some time. I mean, is it just a coincidence that his return from injury and the trade deadline and ADs announcement are all coinciding?

I bleed blue and have loved AD since before he arrived in Lexington, but I'm skeptical that Lebron+AD will work unless they get a third piece. Like Kemba or Klay or someone like that. I think that's more realistic than Durant or Irving or Kawhi...but who knows. I'm just saying, I hope Magic has a plan or this whole thing could really blow up in his face.

Lebron being out this long kind of shocked me tbh. Right after the incident he made it sound like it was no big deal. I don't know exactly how to feel about him sometimes, as a player. What he does outside the game, as a person, I love. But time and time again he seems to fold when the pressure is on or the expectations are too high. I'm probably just being cynical but it feels like to me he knew this AD thing was about to happen and he wanted to effectively disappear right before that big time stretch of games. Because as soon as he got injured people stopped talking about the Lakers making the playoffs. I don't think he wants to prolong this season knowing that most of the guys on his team are going to be traded. He's just taking a little vacation to heal up and burn some time. I mean, is it just a coincidence that his return from injury and the trade deadline and ADs announcement are all coinciding?

I bleed blue and have loved AD since before he arrived in Lexington, but I'm skeptical that Lebron+AD will work unless they get a third piece. Like Kemba or Klay or someone like that. I think that's more realistic than Durant or Irving or Kawhi...but who knows. I'm just saying, I hope Magic has a plan or this whole thing could really blow up in his face.

Lebron has ALOT of miles on him at this point is his career. If I remember right one of LAs big selling points was a plan to extend his career by playing him less minutes. So yeah I'm sure there is zero rush to bring him back at this point. Only reason to bring him back at all is to start building chemistry for next year. I do agree they will need a third guy. Needs to be able to create for himself off the dribble like Wade/Kyrie did. I don't think AD Lebron and a group of shooters is going to get it done in the playoffs.

Breaking: League sources report Dallas is finalizing a deal to acquire Kristaps Porzingis.

Breaking:

Anthony Davis Trade Rumors: Lakers Offer Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, More

The Los Angeles Lakers are throwing all of their chips to the middle of the table for Anthony Davis.
Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday that the Lakers presented the New Orleans Pelicans with five different trade scenarios for Davis. One of those deals included the Lakers sending Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac and a first-round draft pick to the Pelicans.

It's unclear what the other scenarios included.

Turner indicated the Lakers want to get a deal done prior to the NBA's Feb. 7 trade deadline and have no interest in getting into a bidding war over the summer that could include the Boston Celtics.

There are a lot of details that would need to be ironed out in any deal that sends four players to New Orleans for one. First of all, the deal does not work under the salary cap. The Lakers would have to add around $4 million to their offer to make it work, per ESPN's trade machine.

That could easily be done by adding Lance Stephenson, who the Pelicans would likely waive. But that is still a four-for-one deal in a league where you can't have any more than 15 players under guaranteed contract. It's possible a third party would have to be brought in to take on players like Wes Johnson, Tim Frazier and Ian Clark.

The Lakers could also add Kentavious Caldwell-Pope instead of Stephenson, which would then make Johnson, Frazier and Clark eligible to be sent to Los Angeles. Caldwell-Pope would also likely be waived.
Johnson, Frazier and Clark are also under contract only for this season, which would make things more palatable for the Lakers. Los Angeles plans on making a major push for a co-star for LeBron James in free agency this summer, whether or not the team is able to acquire Davis.

It would actually be easier for the Lakers to sign a major free agent this summer then trade for Davis, but it's clear management feels it's imperative to get the job done now.

Crazy. The pelicans would be stupid not to accept. AD isn't resigning with them in FA. Kuzma and Ball are decent players Kuzma has potential to be a really good player

This is why Lebron will never be considered the greatest.

Nationally televised prime time road game against one of the greatest teams in history...your shot to put on a show...you back out. You're sore. Give me a fucking break. You aren't sore. You're a pussy. You don't want the spotlight, not until you have someone else to share it with. Maybe when AD and whoever else comes it'll work, doesn't matter, if it doesn't it will be someone else's fault.

He's not one of the great competitors that's for sure. His skills are undeniable but he doesn't lust for competition. He knows they don't have a team to compete so he's just keeping his mileage low this year.

Anyone see Lakers/Celtics last night? Thank fuck they showed up to play. Great comeback by the Lakers and killer clutch shot by Rondo.

Rockets OKC tonight.

Im thinking about making OKC my honorary Western Conference team. Either them or the Kings.

Sheesh...Lakers are a wreck. They lost to the fuckin HAWKS. Trae Young moved on Lebron like a bitch. LOL. But seriously, Lebron is back to his old ways. Getting beat and not running back on defense. Pouting. Bad body language. Sad.

I got to start watching again. I've been slacking. I'm just having a hard time caring when I know Golden State is head and shoulders above everyone else

I got to start watching again. I've been slacking. I'm just having a hard time caring when I know Golden State is head and shoulders above everyone else

Yeah...but it's still fun talking about who will win each conference, especially in the East. The individual storylines. Etc.

Lmao...
NSFW:

D0XKuMyWkAADtA2

Status
Not open for further replies.