AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NBA Discussion Thread -- TRADES/PLAYOFFS/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
watching AD and Randle together last night beating up on Houston was pretty awesome.

So, who will be watching tonight?

Will it be showtime or blow time for the Lakers?

Last edited:
Yes yes yes love me some NBA. I think the Lakers make the playoffs this year. Probably a 6 or 7 seed. But it will be a first round exit. I hope they limit lebrons minutes this year so he can be ready after they bring in some more help next season. Be interesting to see how Ball develops. I'll be rooting for anyone someone to knock off the warriors

I feel like this is going to be most games for the Lakers. They'll compete and stay in it for 3.5 quarters, then their lack of shooting will catch up with them.

I mean, they shot the 3 better than anyone expected them to last night and still came up short.

The Blazers just had so much more left in the tank there at the end. I love Zach Collins. I knew he was going to be great watching him at Gonzaga.

I don't have anything intelligent to say:

UI1YrU5.jpg

Raptors looking pretty damn good. Took down the Celtics.

Warriors @ Jazz on now.

I think Raptors Celtics will be the Eastern conference finals matchup.

I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. Maybe the Sixers could fight their way in.

Jazz had the game won then GS tipped a ball in at the buzzer. THAT was a long drive home for Utah fans.

Gone to both Magic regular season games so far. They were ranked 2 in the Eastern Conference after they squeaked past the Heat 104-101 for the regular season opener, but fell to 5 after that 32 pt. loss to the Hornets last night. Fucking painful to have watched in person. Some of the most incompetent basketball playing I've ever seen. Aaron Gordon stood out, but why the fuck Steve Clifford didn't send Mo Bamba out more is a mystery to me. So much for Clifford getting revenge on his former team. Next game for me will be Magic-Trailblazers on the 25th.

That was some crazy shit. Rondo, cp3, Ingram all threw punches, all ejected and will be suspended. Paul said rondo spit in his face , but I don't see it, from any of the angles. Looks like to me they were talking shit, Paul put his hands in rondos face, and that pushed him over the edge after a night of pushing and hard fouls.

I watched the Detroit Philly game other day. Blake Griffen balled out for 50 points. It was a good game overall. I shelled out for the NBA network this year so I'm going to follow the regular season closer then normal.

I watched the Detroit Philly game other day. Blake Griffen balled out for 50 points. It was a good game overall. I shelled out for the NBA network this year so I'm going to follow the regular season closer then normal.

awesome :)

Yeah Griffin is one of those guys. National player of the year in college, overall number 1 pick, rookie of the year, 5 time all star... and furthest he’s ever been is second round right? All because of injuries and who drafted him.

Tonight

Celtics/Thunder
Nuggets/Lakers

Yeah those Clippers teams with him and CP3 where choke artists. They had the talent to at least make the conference finals but they just couldn't ever get it together. I feel like Griffen is one of those great regular season players who can't get it done in the playoffs. He puts up nice stats but you can't rely on him to get buckets down the stretch against good teams.

CJ, who do you think would be the best fit for Lebron’s Lakers during the next free agency? Think he should go specifically for a sharpshooter, or simply accept the best all around player willing to come play with him? Like AD.

He needs a guy who can create shots for himself. His championship teams had either D Wade or Kyrie Irving. Both of those guys where legit threats to drive and finish. That stops the D from being able to roll a double team at his side of the floor every trip down. Like last year he was having to settle for a ton of contested mid range shots. He can hurt you like that but not like he can inside 10 feet. He's also getting older so expecting him to play 35 minutes a game all season is a stretch.

I'm not sure who all the free agent options are but I imagine LA will have there pick of who they want. I hope they get Durant. That would be a sick matchup in the west.

I think someone like Klay from GS or Booker from PHX would be interesting. And whatever deal is made, make Lonzo part of it.

Lonzo actually did well last night

12 points
8 assists
6 rebounds
5 steals

good for his trade value. Still think he’s too inconsistent.

Went to the Magic-Trailblazers game last night. Thought the Magic stood a chance of winning after their win over the Celtics and the Trailblazers loss to the Wizards, but it was not to be. We came within 3 in the last quarter, but then the Trailblazers got 3 3s right in a row and it was over. We haven't had someone who can consistently shoot 3s since Hedo Turkoglu. At least they made five slam dunks so I still get my free soup, salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden. They've gone from 2 in the Eastern Conference down to 9 after the loss to the Hornets, back up to 5 after the win over the Celtics, and now back down to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.