• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NBA Discussion Thread -- TRADES/PLAYOFFS/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ don’t feel bad. Charlottes back down to 9. And I didn’t get any soup, salad, OR breadsticks :( .

I'm going to say (for right now) Bucks-Raptors for Eastern Conference finals.

I'm going to say (for right now) Bucks-Raptors for Eastern Conference finals.

That's bold. I think the Eastern conference goes through Boston

Anyone doubting LeBron's greatness just needs to look at the Cavs this year. 0-6 start and firing the coach isn't a good look. I am rooting for Colin Sexton though. We need a superstar from Bama

I really like Sexton too.
cj are you keeping up with college hoops this year?

Im not convinced by anyone in the East so far, honestly.

De'Aaron Fox: youngest player in NBA history to record 30-15-10 triple double.

De’Aaron Fox is off to a hot start in his second season with the Sacramento Kings. Thursday night’s game in Atlanta was the best game of his career when he recorded his first NBA triple-double with 31 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds in a blowout win over the Atlanta Hawks.

In doing so, Fox became the youngest player in NBA history to have 30, 15 and 10 in a single game. He and LeBron James are the only two players to ever record a 30-point triple-double before the age of 21.

I'll catch a few Bama games over the season. I got into Sexton when Bama was playing Minnesota? I think and the whole team got ejected so it was 3 on 5 and they still couldn't stop him. Damn near won the game down 2 people. I kept up with him after that. Watched him in the summer league and I just like the way he plays. He's a fierce competitor

Last NBA game i watched with intensity was Celtics - Nets Eastern Conf Finals circa 2002-2003.

and for my Boston Celtics starting at center
TONY BATTTIE
attttt power forward
ANTOINE WALKER
atttt small forward
PAUL 'MY LEATHER JACKET SAVED MY LIFE AFTER BEING STABBED MULTIPLE TIMES' PIERCE!!!!
atttt shooting guard
Erik Williams
And starting point guard
KENNY ANDERSON

A year or two later Garnett and Ray Allen came over and dominated so hard it became boring as shit.

Prior to that Utah was my shit from like '93-'97' Jordan pushed off Byron Russell and drained a shot somewhere around game 6 or 7 of '97 finals(?) and don't think Utah's been back to finals since.

Maybe once the East develops to same level as West or pros adopt Big Ten values. I likely won't be resurrecting interest any time soon.

That being said if I lived 5 mins away from ANY D-1/pro arena I'd probably be a super fan. But I'm from rural PA. And Philly is for Philly fans only and NYC sucks for sports. Both 100+ miles away.

The wizards got emberassed at home last night by okc. It was like a 30 point game at the half

Breaking: Timberwolves agree to trade Jimmy Butler to 76ers.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...olves-trading-jimmy-butler-philadelphia-76ers

The Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to trade All-Star forward Jimmy Butler and forward Justin Patton to the Philadelphia 76ers for forwards Robert Covington and Dario Saric, guard Jerryd Bayless, and a 2020 secound round pick. The 76ers could offer a five year max contract worth $190 million this summer.

The Sixers' odds to win the NBA title have improved from 30-1 to 16-1 at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, and their odds to win the Eastern Conference went from 7-1 to 3-1.

Butler had a nice home opener.

im real curious how Simmons, embiid, and butler will look a month or two from now.

The Eastern playoffs will actually be pretty awesome this year.

Draymond is right, KDs a bitch.

All this talk about him going to team up with Lebron...well that would be interesting. I wonder how they would get along. I'd rather see AD or Kemba with Lebron. Or Kawhi for that matter. KD is just not very fun to watch.

The Lakers are really starting to look legit. Kuzma is a beast. If I included him in a trade it'd better be really good. If AD wants out, and I'm getting Kuzma, Lonzo, a first round pick...hmm

Lebron makes the players around him better. I laughed when people said they wouldn't make the playoffs

Everyone is still saying for sure Golden State in the West, but I think there is considerably less confidence now. Houston is really not clicking this year. There's something that's just not right with the combination of Paul and Harden or the construction of the team in general. The talent is obviously there, it doesn't really make sense.

Feels like we are starting to see each teams true colors coming out, but it's a long regular season. April seems like a lifetime.

I don't take any of it to heart until February. This may as well be the preseason. On an ESPN talk show today they went on and on about GS struggling but I'm thinking who has the talent to really challenge them in the west playoffs besides Houston? .... No one. Lakers will give them a series of good games because Lebron is amazing but they swept a Cavs team that was more talented then the Lakers last year. Granted things could change with injuries or trades. Rumor is Anthony Davis wants to be a Laker. I don't know that LA has the assets to trade for him this year but he's a FA so NO may dump him for whatever they can get at the trade deadline.

Lebron definitely wants AD.

I just hope Davis has the willpower to turn down the super max offer the Pelicans are gonna offer him. It's like $80 million more than anyone else can give him, but he needs to leave and set up somewhere he can win championships.

I wouldnt count out Boston as a possibility but it will all depend on how New Orleans decides to approach the situation strategically.

Christmas Day NBA Pickem

Bucks @ Knicks

Thunder @ Rockets

76ers @ Celtics

Lakers @ Warriors

Blazers @ Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.