Bluelight

Thread: IV FENTANYL DETOX(long post)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details

That was a bit of a mental tongue twister so to speak, but I get what you're saying; I may not understand it, but I'm following lol.

I'm very green and very new to NA, but in my extremely limited experience, I've listened to two people (with around 5 months and 3 sober) at two different meetings voice their frustrations with the use of "god," "higher power," and the conflation of cognition and spirituality.
    It's one of the things that turned me off to it all these years.

I understand most groups or individual NA members are not trying to shove this stuff down a newcomer's throat, but it gets frustrating if you want to explore "the steps" and are forced to have "a god of your understanding." Why can't I just be an addict who is joining this group? I obviously have no problem with people talking about it, and falling into all aspects of the program fully. If a belief I don't have is getting and keeping someone clean, than it works, for them.

It just seems like a lot of verbal runaround for people that don't have theological or spiritual beliefs, like myself. It doesn't mean that those are missing pieces for people like me. I'm an atheist who's more "christian" than 99 of percent of practicing Christians. Also, I probably have just as much comfort and confusion and fear as any religious person does in life.

I fully submitted when I signed those releases at the hospital and fought with that asshole doctor so I could continue my detox in the psych ward. The higher power in my life is dope, and there's no love lost there.
    Thanks jd
    Trip

2. Collapse Details

Trip-

It happened again. Lost a long post yesterday. It isn't easy to meditate through "a hit" (term used by us cluster headaches people for an episode). It took a few years to learn how to stay still through them. It's not an easy state to get to

What I wanted to tell you - I get migraines as well. Have you ever tried Maxalt sub-lingual tablets for your migraines? They're a game changer. You have to get the sub-lingual tabs and not the tablets you swallow. The Dr may argue that they're the same thing, but they really work differently. It has to be the tablets you put under your tongue.

I react badly to most protocol meds. My heart bangs out of my chest, I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin for about 12hrs and they cause rebound headaches. I've tried many things.

I wanted to make sure I told you about Maxalt sub-lingual tablets. If your insurance will pay for name brand, get name brand.

3. Collapse Details

Do you know how to get BL to mobile phone format? Somehow, I have desktop format right now. I don't even know how I managed to get it.

4. Collapse Details

Sober & Healthy Living
    The Dark Side
    Quote Originally Posted by 10YearsGone View Post
    Do you know how to get BL to mobile phone format? Somehow, I have desktop format right now. I don't even know how I managed to get it.
    Log out and just log back in on your phone.

5. Collapse Details

Thanks! Will do

6. Collapse Details

Back to mobile phone format 🎃🕸️🕷️🍂🍁👍 Thanks aih!

7. Collapse Details

I definitely think of something entirely different when I read "a hit" lol. I can only imagine how long it would take to even consider doing anything other than pull your hair out during an episode like that. That's awful. I get a little drowsy if anything. Migraine meds giving rebound migraines?? Modern medicine still has some ways to go. I'll ask on my next visit because I've been getting way more light migraines since I've been on Lyrica, which seems to be doing its job. The side effects aren't great, but anything beats having to revolve the entire day around 4 hour fits of pain.
    Trip

8. Collapse Details

I cannot even begin to tell you what I've been through w CH's. Not rocking and pacing...or possibly jumping out of a window- took a long time. I sit still. Completely. Eyes closed. But, I'm covered in sweat. It rivets off my jaw. There's no hiding it. It's all I can not to start screaming.

Obviously I get my ass handed to me. It's exhausting. When I feel them coming on I feel panic rise and I have to shut it down. It makes everything worse.

There's some really cool cluster headache art.

How you feeling today Trip? Yeah lol. Rebound headaches from headache medication. Wtf? C

9. Collapse Details

10 years- I get cluster headaches also. They are completely debilitating! I'm so sorry you suffer with those also and Trip suffering with the Migraines. Horrible stuff! My heart goes out to anyone suffering with Migraines and cluster headaches.

Trip- you sound well brother! You are really coming through this thing with great courage. I'm glad the Lyrica is helping some.
    Yeah, four hour fits of pain suck! I hope that gets better for you as you continue to progress.
    I hope you are feeling proud, happy, and are enjoying life again.

Sending you all lots of love and support!

10. Collapse Details

Please ask about Maxalt sub-lingual tablets. I've suggested them to alot of people. It really is life-changing- it's the difference between proceeding with your day or being locked in a dark room in agony. You won't ever go anywhere without them once you have them.

They come in little, blue plastic handy dandy containers in a group of 3. It's actually a really nice and convenient container. The tablets are "crumbly", I imagine because they're dissolvable.

I ask for name brand because some of the generics suck. I don't want to have to have a migraine if I don't have to.

If you do get them, let me know what you think.

Glad the Lyrica is helping! I know about Neurontin and Lyrica not supposed to be Rx'd together. I use Lyrica as a break through med. Neurontin on it's own doesn't help w CH's.

As I said, I'm scared if I take it daily it won't help anymore as has happened w so many meds that worked initially then stopped working.

Hope you are having a good day.

11. Collapse Details

Painful One-

Thank you for the kind words . And vice versa!! I'm so sorry you have CHs!!! I mean that.

And you made me lol!! I read your post in The Dark Side - when you got angry at the lady w the son using. You said something like "Let me tell you something Lady". I burst out laughing!!

I wasn't in any way laughing at the subject, as it's close to my own heart. It was your comment. I understand how you could feel that way from that post.

Hope your day is good Painful one.

12. Collapse Details

Hi guys, do ye mind if I join ye? I saw that dreaded word fentanyl popping out at me, been prescribed the 100mcg patches for the last 2 years which has lead me to having a poly-drug habit. Gosh, what I would do to have subs passed in our legislation here (Ireland).
    I have a severe fear of vomiting which has destroyed my life and is one of the main things that stops me from going CT, along with crippling anxiety. It's a breath of fresh air to find this thread, I feel like crying knowing that there are others out there suffering still, and those who have overcome it.
    Trip, you are an inspiration to me dude xxx
    Rachel

13. Collapse Details

Hey Rachella welcome to my sob story thread. What's going on in Ireland? I have a bunch of Irish friends, and from what I gather it's mainly party drugs and recreational, and there isn't much heavy, hardcore drug use compared to America or even the U.K.

Bunch of questions: What's your opiate habit looking like now? What other drugs are you using and are you addicted or physically dependent on them? How is Suboxone illegal in Ireland??? It's practically shoved down people's throats here. I'm guessing Methadone is protocol over there?

I don't know what's available as far as treatment goes by you, but maybe you can fill us in. Cold turkey is fucking really, really rough, especially with pre-existing mental and physical conditions. The thing is though, once you go over the edge of the cliff of withdrawals, so to speak, all you're able to do is suffer through it.

Getting passed the early WD/jonesing stage, and entering the dreaded "I can't stand up and get drugs or do anything but suffer in all sorts of agony for 3 or 4 days," is one way to go, whether at home or in a hospital or facility. The only work you have to do is make it to that point of dope sickness. The rest is involuntary. It's like skydiving. Once you step out of the plane, all you can do is wait until you land; you just have to commit to taking that step.

Maybe fill us in on your history a bit, answer at least 2 of my million questions, and what you're looking to achieve and hopefully we can give you some good advice.
    And thank you, but I did not do it alone and still have a long way to go! Look forward to hearing back from you.
    Trip

14. Collapse Details

10, I'm still amazed you're able to do that. It reminds me of the monk who sat entirely still after setting himself ablaze in the middle of the street in Vietnam to protest for buddhist rights. There's clearly something legitimate to tap into and develop there. Once I get all squared away I'll begin that chapter.

It sucks to hear that there's so much shit going on with you guys. No wonder we're on this forum...

Painful and 10 Thanks, I'm doing a lot better, just going to take a shitload of time. The Lyrica started to really do it's job in a big way about a week ago. Had some heavy side effects a few days later though. Some extreme long lastimg anxiety episodes and a full day in bed halfway catatonic, but powered through it and hoping it dissipates. I'm worried about it not working down the line as well, but I guess i'll have to cross that bridge if I come to it.
    Thanks again
    Trip

15. Collapse Details

Hey there Trip!

Wow, that sucks about the anxiety from Lyrica. I know how difficult powering through anxiety is. It's a mf'r. No two ways about it.

RACHELLA - you are certainly more than welcome to join in. Welcome! You know what? I had a severe phobia of vomiting too. To the point I became anxorexic.

My theory was, if I didn't eat, I'd have nothing to vomit. I could resist vomiting to an extreme.

I overcame it. By ending up vomitting alot because of headaches and medications. It's not even a slight worry to me anymore.

I knew noone else w that phobia at the time. I think it's the "losing control" part more than the actual vomiting. I felt like I didn't have a choice when it came to vomiting.

A Dr. with the same phobia, wrote a book. I was shocked. I'm surprised that there are others w that same struggle. You're not alone RACHELLA.

I'm not having a good week. I hope you guys are. I wanted to stop in and say hello.

Trip- since I've never taken Lyrica as directed, I'm interested in hearing more about your experience.

Much Love to everyone.

Ps- when I throw up, I squinch my eyes shut, turn the water on in the sink full force and hang on. Literally. I don't want to hear it or see it.

16. Collapse Details

Good to hear you are doing better brother! Nice job!

It is going to take some time. Don't get discouraged. Just keep doing the best you can.
    Your body will stabilize. Try to keep a balance. That is the best way I have found to deal with the chronic pain.

Spoil yourself and take care!!
    ❤️

17. Collapse Details

Trip,

Just wanted to pop by and tell you I was thinking of you, I am so proud of you my friend!!
    I hope the Lyrica continue to work well for you.
    xo.

Painful,

Can't let the day go by without saying hello to you and telling you what a truly wonderful person you are!!!

Hi 10!!!

We haven't chatted in a while so I hope this message finds you well, you are such a sweetheart!!!

I hope you are all doing well and know that you have a friend here that's always rooting for you.

Much love to you all,
    your friend,
    Ash.

18. Collapse Details

Hey hey 2 month mark tomorrow. Strange how even during periods of misery, time seems to fly retrospectively lol. I've realized this is by far the longest I've gone without opiates or abusing a drug, including alcohol or smoking a cigarette in 12 years.

Thanks PO and Ash. I'm trying. It's more of a head game at this point. Not certain of what my physical/mental limitations are now, or will be, after my brain gets it shit together lol. So it's making planning for the future difficult. For now just staying sober and getting healthy. Still out of breath walking up stairs if you can believe it (that's without smoking).

Keeping depression at bay and exerting myself physically for anxiety. On a super strict diet as well. I'm super grateful to have my pain levels dramatically reduced. The side effects suck, but the results are way worth it for now. Now I know how/why people with bipolar disorder and the likes stop taking their meds. I'm thinking, "I feel better now. I don't need this drug anymore." I'll definitely come off of it down the line to see where I stand.

Hope you're all doing well. Thanks again for all the support and suggestions.
    Trip

19. Collapse Details

I'm glad you're doing so well, Be kind and patient with yourself.

I am glad the Lyrica is helping your pain, when I first blew my neck and before all the fusions I was first rx'd Lyrica then Gab, I had crazy dark thoughts on those drugs though and it really fucked with my head so I had to come off them. Glad it works for you.

Keep it up my friend.
    Ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by TripMcnealy View Post
    Hey hey 2 month mark tomorrow. Strange how even during periods of misery, time seems to fly retrospectively lol. I've realized this is by far the longest I've gone without opiates or abusing a drug, including alcohol or smoking a cigarette in 12 years.

Thanks PO and Ash. I'm trying. It's more of a head game at this point. Not certain of what my physical/mental limitations are now, or will be, after my brain gets it shit together lol. So it's making planning for the future difficult. For now just staying sober and getting healthy. Still out of breath walking up stairs if you can believe it (that's without smoking).

Keeping depression at bay and exerting myself physically for anxiety. On a super strict diet as well. I'm super grateful to have my pain levels dramatically reduced. The side effects suck, but the results are way worth it for now. Now I know how/why people with bipolar disorder and the likes stop taking their meds. I'm thinking, "I feel better now. I don't need this drug anymore." I'll definitely come off of it down the line to see where I stand.

Hope you're all doing well. Thanks again for all the support and suggestions.
    Trip

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10YearsGone View Post
    Painful One-

Thank you for the kind words . And vice versa!! I'm so sorry you have CHs!!! I mean that.

And you made me lol!! I read your post in The Dark Side - when you got angry at the lady w the son using. You said something like "Let me tell you something Lady". I burst out laughing!!

I wasn't in any way laughing at the subject, as it's close to my own heart. It was your comment. I understand how you could feel that way from that post.

Hope your day is good Painful one.
    Haha! Glad you got a laugh out of that my friend. That thread ended up being from a "troll" and I can't believe I was the only one who went off on them. LOL!!!

Why anyone would "troll" this kind or any website is so stupid and beyond me ...?? I don't get it.

I don't know how I missed your message before but I just saw it.
    Thank you for this message. ❤️

I hope you have a good day too 10!
    Hope you all have a good day and keep your heads up everyone.
    Sending you all lots of love and support!

21. Collapse Details

Congratulations on making it to the two month mark Trip!!

That is huge!
    Well done!

Time has been flying by but is also so excruciating slow at times.
    It is nice to hear you say that - you see why people go off bipolar medication etc. because you are feeling better and think you don't need that medication anymore. I think that is a very good sign. I would suggest keeping to the medication that is helping right now though.

Love you guys!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234