Can you rap over an old hip hop beat and put it on soundcloud?

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
I don't know if I'm using this thread right but I need help... I was wondering if you are allowed to use an old underground hip hop beat from back in the day and rap over it and upload it to soundcloud without any legal trouble. The artist that I'm thinking about is a big name now so I'm assuming the beat has some kind of ownership but the song is like an underground demo version from the 90's. Would it be a problem if I used that same beat or better yet re-created the beat myself???

And sorry if I'm being vague but I'm paranoid that someone will steal my idea hahaha i hope this is sufficient information.

Thank you for anyone who replies I would really appreciate it.

Oh i thought this thread was asking us to record something and upload it.

I totally will some time.

I can't be bothered to take the time and write something up so it will be a freestyle about BL and it's users.

no one gives a fuck unless you are making serious money off of the track

See Rick James VS MC Hammer Cant Touch This

I don't know if I'm using this thread right but I need help... I was wondering if you are allowed to use an old underground hip hop beat from back in the day and rap over it and upload it to soundcloud without any legal trouble. The artist that I'm thinking about is a big name now so I'm assuming the beat has some kind of ownership but the song is like an underground demo version from the 90's. Would it be a problem if I used that same beat or better yet re-created the beat myself???

And sorry if I'm being vague but I'm paranoid that someone will steal my idea hahaha i hope this is sufficient information.

Thank you for anyone who replies I would really appreciate it.

It's okay, Vanilla Ice wont notice =D, jk. I wouldn't sweat it.