• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Does sexual dysfunction occur with Prozac??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
SSRI's are reputed to have this effect but - my understanding is that Prozac packs the least punch in terms of dysfunction, from this class.

Can anyone comment on that?

Anorgasmia.
Drive loss.
E.D.

I would be taking it with Stattera - supposedly there's an interaction there but, large trials have been conducted with this combination, with no dose adjustments necessary.

You may get better attention in the Mental Health sub-forum, but i am under the impression that most all SSRIs can lead to sexual dysfunction.

Now, i'm not allowed to recommend new drugs to you, but there are other types of drug, like atypical antidepressants.

Good luck homie.

Last edited by a moderator:
It CAN happen, but that doesn't mean it will.

I used to take Prozac and it never happened to me, now I take Lexapro (another SSRI) and it doesn't happen to me on that either.

I?m 38, white male and take 20mg Prozac. For the first couple months I couldn?t orgasm unless I skipped taking it for a day. 9 months later and I can orgasm without skipping a day. My libido has dropped noticeably too.

I?m 38, white male and take 20mg Prozac. For the first couple months I couldn?t orgasm unless I skipped taking it for a day. 9 months later and I can orgasm without skipping a day. My libido has dropped noticeably too.

I would have a hard time imagining that skipping a day would do anything other than psychological, but those psychological impacts are big with that brain body connection.

I'm of course not saying this didn't happen for you, but i don't think any appreciable amount of whatever the Prozac has in it would be leaving your system within 24 hours since your last dose.

It takes like 2 weeks of no use minimum for any significant amount of withdrawal to even begin.

I don't notice anything when I skip a day of my Lexapro.

Yes , this is a common side effect from these types of meds, speaking to your doctor could help by replacing with another drug thst would help- also remember that whilst sex drive is lower you are fixing (hopefully) your health problems - some things outweigh the others - if u need more advice please feel free to contact me- I am an online councillor with credentials offering free support / I am also an ex addict with MH disorders now luckily under control completely :) it can be done and a healthy Sex life can be achieved once you have sorted your other issues out:)

I've had sex on various dissociatives (not recommended for sex, but it was possible.) DXM, which is also an SSRI, made keeping wood impossible.

Yes it can, as is a known side-effect of SSRIs--but not by everybody. That's about all we can say. Good luck. PM with questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.