Bluelight

Thread: Post *YOUR* Ideas for Forum Re-Design & Upgrade Here

Reply To Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Professor Emeritus TheLoveBandit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinerkiffer View Post
    Sorry for going off-topic but what happened? OD used to get quite a lot more traffic not so long ago
    Starting around 2012 a lot of the forums (not just our site, but similar sites as well) saw a decline in participation. It was widespread, not focused on any region or subject matter. It's more of a general shift by the world's population with an internet connection such that what used to be housed on discussion forums like ours went to facebook groups, or other social media that allowed small groups to stay connected on a subject.

2. Collapse Details

FWIW - we are discussing with effected staff to close down HOMELESS with the assumption that members will make their best guess on where to post a thread, and if it needs moving the mods will handle it accordingly.

3. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Teetering over the moon door of the Eyrie in the Vale
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinerkiffer View Post
    Sorry for going off-topic but what happened? OD used to get quite a lot more traffic not so long ago

Well hey KK, you've missed out on a couple things in the last 11 months. Nice to see you back here though. If you could get Slo_Mobius to come back we'd have half the old band back together.

4. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    BDD and OD should be merged imo since we don't have volume to worry about anymore - we barely get 15-20 posts between them per day - and most mods are already mods of both forums anyway.
    I was thinking something along the same lines myself. There's a lot of crossover with the same topics coming up in each forum - which encourages people to post the same question in each as they're not sure where it should go.

5. Collapse Details

A way to customize/personalize which threads, forums and posters appear in the activity feed would be good.

6. Collapse Details

What amount donated regularly would make a significant difference as in a bit of relief to the head honchos?

I dunno how much bl costs and would seriously consider making a direct debit into a bl account, IF it both helps and also I am convinced its contributing to a community, one that could use assistance and some plur.

7. Collapse Details

I could have sworn the site was green when we lumbered across it, the purple it bleh lol, just chucking it up here just for reference.

As tlb says, traffic going to fb and now other juggernaughts is normal and just going to continue.

People come here from there as well, reddit especially.

Bl has had something that anywhere else has not. A lot of us keep in touch off the board in our lives, so theres something to be said about us.

A lot of us have also met and met and held events.

Other websites allow vendor discussion, it's probably a good idea to have a look into same, some vendors are shit and are dangerous allegedly, in terms of hr, that should be discussed at least.

Plenty of other areas that could be addressed and sorted out but it's a software upgrade, other stuff can be sorted out any time.

It's good to have upgrades and all, the history of BL needs preserving too.

Other Drugs in particular is a historically huge forum, thousands of posts a day at one point, many of which were unique and informative, a lot of work went into it.

If theres a question, its prol best to just answer it really , it would get tiring and same same but that's just part of the job?

8. Collapse Details

Damn, Zephy, got any more of that old site images? I'd forgotten about the purple.

9. Collapse Details

Yeah, in bobl theres a thread by xena, theres a web library of sorts.

My net connection isnt the greatest right now but follow the links from xena thread in best of and stand on your left foot you'll find all the things!

10. Collapse Details

11. Collapse Details

Drugs in the Media
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I could have sworn the site was green when we lumbered across it, the purple it bleh lol, just chucking it up here just for reference.
    I really liked when news stories were shown on the front page. Even a few years ago we had that, but then it disappeared.

12. Collapse Details

Performance Enhancing Drugs
    There are/were actually still latent front page publisher permissions for a few mods, but I think one the last vBulletin upgrades disabled the associated module.

13. Collapse Details

Could have the latest or hottest whatever thread per forum in a box on front page (ie all forums not just the focus ones), and I dunno, prol chuck more threads in bobl, it could use new material.

Ideas are great but if whatever is done is not working out or doesnt end up being what was planned then the worst thing you can do is just stick with it anyway, just try something else.

Instead of having Events sections, maybe review of events and up coming shows or festivals in the music forums or wherever. Who knows, could kick off things a bit.

14. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Current Events and Politics
    Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    ^If you have any threads to nominate for BoBL, report them and we can move them over . . . I agree, there are some great threads here that I would hate to forget about.

Reply To Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123