Open Discussion Post *YOUR* Ideas for Forum Re-Design & Upgrade Here

I still hope we can have something like this ticker-type job on Xenforo to advertise active threads across the forum (in a banner in every subforum/top of each page). I'm sure I've seen Xenforo forums that have something very much like it...

iJr06gN.gif

I still hope we can have something like this ticker-type job on Xenforo to advertise active threads across the forum (in a banner in every subforum/top of each page). I'm sure I've seen Xenforo forums that have something very much like it...

iJr06gN.gif

Oh yeah, it was always absolutely great when your jazzy code broke "new posts".

I miss the giant <marquee> scrolling banners, they were way more effective at drawing attention and interactive than the small static banner titles :(

I miss the giant <marquee> scrolling banners, they were way more effective at drawing attention and interactive than the small static banner titles :(

XenForo will fix it all!

Is it possible to mimic the mobile site on XenForo by having a tab where it shows all your recently posted in threads? I almost prefer going on my phone because of that one ability.

Among those changes may include a switch to new software (probably Xenforo), which should help solve the interminable trouble we've been having for years with our mobile browser experience, and give us a more modern UTI

Do we get free STI as well to share freely? User tagging would help spread the clap m8 u wor m8

Is it possible to mimic the mobile site on XenForo by having a tab where it shows all your recently posted in threads? I almost prefer going on my phone because of that one ability.

I'm sure it must be possible if we could add it to vBulletin

Do we get free STI as well to share freely? User tagging would help spread the clap m8 u wor m8

Yep it includes basic interactive things like user tagging as standard

Could we also have a donation platform for paypal or straight credit/debit cards on top of bitcoin?

And maybe username tags that say like, "bronze donater", "silver donater", "gold donater", "platinum donater"?

I think BL's always been against titles in the past (we don't even have post reactions or "I like" etc) because on other sites when employed they're sometimes perceived as kind of elitist etc. I'm personally agnostic on whether that's a good or bad thing if it ultimately serves a greater purpose. And they have basically become the norm nowadays (eg Reddit), and I guess another way in which people can and do like to personalise their handle and online presence.

I too think it would serve a greater purpose and encourage people to donate. Personally I want to donate regardless but there is no option for debit cards..

^ there's no reason you can't donate with a debit card - just complete the first page of the donation form and you'll get traditional payment options:

donate01.png

alasdair

One forum I went to our usernames were color coded. If you were a donor it was green. If you had a high up/down ratio it was purple. Mods and admins were blue. But we had a category for people who weren't on staff and couldn't afford to donate but still contributed quality posts and discussion etc. I think it was decent incentive. No one really cared what color their username was, but it made people feel invested in the community and site. And it did get you a certain level of respect but it certainly wasn't used as a hierarchical thing.

If you really want the cash to flow in, give donors a bigger avatar limit...

Yeah, some sort of new incentive to donate would be cool.

I've got a question.. where do the donations go? All to MAPS, or some to BL too? If to BL, to what exactly?

If you really want the cash to flow in, give donors a bigger avatar limit...

plz no, or at least not much bigger. i hate forums where the avatars and sigs take up the majority of every page. but since mobile is the future present, avatar size should probably just stay what it is, since screen real estate is even more limited.

you can already "buy" a name change with a donation, a larger pm box might be a good donor perk too.

You could increase av size considerably without it impacting anything else. There's enough real estate there as it is, it's just not being utilized.

FYI:

Lysis said:
The latest MySQL 8 doesn't work with xenforo. I don't know if he's upgrading the mysql server, but the new 8 version no workie so I downgraded to 5.5. There's some stack overflow questions on it too. It has to do with how the new version stores and encrypts passwords. And I think there is a bug because I couldn't create a user that used the old password encryption algorithm, it would automatically revert to the new method.

I have no idea what our database management system is, but could be worth bearing in mind?

What about a chat system?

Would love to chat-up White_Rose about now.

And mal3volent for dick pics.

Aren't we chatting now, though? Lol. Also am I nothing but a piece of meat to you? What about my feelings?

Yeah I mean I do like the notification function if the chat isn't available on the new system.

Maybe we could even get notifications if someone quotes what we said in a thread?