• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Dopesick nation

cj

Bluelight Crew
Im really into this show. It's new on viceland. It's sort of like intervention but way more raw and real. it follows these two recovering addicts in South Florida who try to help people who got suckered into the rehab cycle down there. It goes into the shady practices of some of the rehabs and sober living places down there who pray on young opiate addicts with insurance.

I almost got caught up in that cycle down there so I think it's cool a show has the guts to expose the shady side of the treatment industry. They don't force an intervention on anyone and you can tell it's not staged or manipulated the way later seasons of intervention are. Like the episode tonight both the people they tried to help ended up continuing to use. The girl left ama after 2 days of detox and the guy just flat ghosted them it seemed.

Anybody else watching it?

Im really into this show. It's new on viceland. It's sort of like intervention but way more raw and real. it follows these two recovering addicts in South Florida who try to help people who got suckered into the rehab cycle down there. It goes into the shady practices of some of the rehabs and sober living places down there who pray on young opiate addicts with insurance.

I almost got caught up in that cycle down there so I think it's cool a show has the guts to expose the shady side of the treatment industry. They don't force an intervention on anyone and you can tell it's not staged or manipulated the way later seasons of intervention are. Like the episode tonight both the people they tried to help ended up continuing to use. The girl left ama after 2 days of detox and the guy just flat ghosted them it seemed.

Anybody else watching it?

Fuck, thanks for letting me know about this. Viceland has been shit for the past 6 months or so, so I haven't kept up with their programming. Hamilton's Pharmacopoeia and Hate Thy Neighbor were legitimately great, but they seem to have shifted towards trying to be MTV:Xtreme over the past little while.

This show sounds like the type of content Viceland brought us in the beginning of its run. I will be sure to check it out.

I am from South Florida and quite familiar with some ot these shady rehab programs (as well as a couple of really good ones), so this is about as close to the heart as it can get for me. Hype.

Hadn't heard of it. Not had viceland for a while but I've really liked several shows they do. I love that King of the Road show, and Hamilton's Pharmacopia. I'll have to check it out.

Cool show, thanks for the recommendation cj. Did you ever watch that one show they had on mtv several years ago? It was hosted by that DJ guy who was an addict and he ended up dying. This show reminds me of that.

Yeah it was like "gone too far" with DJ am. That was interesting because it came out after his death that he relapsed while shooting the show. But yeah they are similar in style. Though I think it's cool that DS is willing to get into prostitution and street life deeper then other shows before it. On that note the prostitute from episode 3 was gorgeous. Like legit a true 9/10.

Thanks... I want to check that show out now CJ.

I used to be friends with this guy named Al back around 2000 or 2001... Well back in 2012 I was watching a new episode of intervention and sure enough there was my friend Al. He was in season 13 episode 11. Trust me the show intervention is not staged at all. Al was still smoking crystal out the glass pipe just like him and I used to do back in the day. The only thing different about my friend was he is now popping Norcos which he didn't do when I knew him. Long story short he got clean and moved away to a different state. He is now doing great. And it was all because of the show Intervention sending him to a beautiful expensive rehab facility.

I had some friends over one day and I turned on that episode of intervention and said "do you recognize him?" Both of my friends were like wtf that's Al... I was like yup his family must have called up the show Intervention.

I was watching a show that showed behind the scenes of Intervention. The producers and the camera men all validated that everything on Intervention was real and raw and not staged at all. The producers said they never intervene unless someone is really drunk and about to drive other than that they don't intervene at all everything is real.

Last edited:
Wednesdays episode was the best one yet I thought. The girl had to give this homeless dude CPR. The look of absolute disgust as she put her mouth on his to breathe for him was too funny. You could tell she was like "fuck I wouldn't normally do this but I can't back out while I'm getting filmed".

This looks interesting. I was in a couple rehabs in Broward that were pretty decent. I knew a lady who sued Fort Lauderdale Hospital before they turned into a psychiatric hospital. When is it on? I'll set my DVR

Wednesday night on viceland. I think the new episodes are at 8 or 9 central but they've been showing multiple episodes a night to catch people up.