• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Max Kratom Powder?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
I recently tried Kratom to see how much it would take to give any effect of sleepiness and pain relief from my constant back pain. Opiates have no effect whatsoever, and I seem to metabolize everything quickly. I tried a concentrated Kratom Liquid Extract and it seemed to help a bit with the pain. So now I'm trying to find the right powder dose to get me to sleep after the day and not be in pain.

I tried 10 grams of Red Bali powder and it only just started to have a slight tiring effect, not too powerful at all. A bit of reduced pain. From what I read, that's a fairly high dose, but I feel I could easily do twice that and not be put to sleep. I type this at 6am as I'm still awake and have much trouble with sleep. Should I go higher in dose? How much higher should I go? 12g? 15g? 20g? Just want to know what you guys think is reasonable for me, I have a naturally high tolerance to just about everything, no previous drug use at all. Hope this helps... I just want a break from sleepless nights and back pain all day and night... Even just a little break.

It definitely sounds like you have a high natural tolerance.

I don't think we can safely say 'you should now try a dosage of xx since 10g gave you a slight effect'. It's impossible for anyone to know what will or will not work.

I think if you are going to try higher doses then you need to work up slowly. Kratom overdose symptoms are very unpleasant so you don't want to suddenly try 20g out of the blue. Maybe try 12g, then 14g, then 16g etc until you find what dose works.

Kratom seems to work best when the dose is taken all at once. Take on an empty stomach and drink lots of water.

For what it's worth, kratom is too stimulating for me as I cannot sleep for ~5 hours after taking it.

Definitely make sure you are taking it on an empty stomach, it seems to absorb better that way. I've never taken more then 10 grams at once but i have taken up to 40 grams a day, i'm not necessarily endorsing it but it is possible. You definitely need to step up your dose slowly, like MDPVPsy said the overdose symptoms are very uncomfortable and throwing up a dozen grams of kratom powder is not a pleasant experience.

I will try 10 all at once, then another 2g an hour and a half later if I feel I need it. Thanks for the info

Normally Kratom is not that sedating for me also, only when I am overstimulated be it naturally or induced it's indeed a tool for enforced sleep. But again at normal circumstances I would be "worshipping the porcelain goddes" before reaching sedation a fine line as you can see,

But as far as painkilling properties it's the best I had. Better then Codeine and Tramadol. My first time was after an rootcanal, which willnot get you any painkilling symphatic prescribed opiods over here. And it did the job very well, as long as I stayed flat out, at numbing the horrible pain as the local anesthetics were taken care off. And according to what I read there ain't no commercial Kratom from Bali. So get some more into the info you can find on the leaf and some good vendor reviews.

How did the higher dose work for you Mr.BH? Also i think i mentioned this on your other thread but just incase i didn't you should heed these precautionary tests, they could save your life.

If you want to continue using the extract at least send it to a testing lab to make sure you aren't consuming some fent analogue or another potent research chemical. The lab tests aren't the cheapest but it's a good idea if you wish to use the extract for a long period of time.

Also you should get your liver function checked by your doctor before you continue on either the extract or powdered leaf route. Again, this may not be so cheap, especially if you don't have insurance, but it could save you from doing serious damage to your liver.

10-16g seems to be the area I'm able to feel pain relief, and slept today for a couple hours longer than usual (usually 3-4 hours) so going well.

I would like to know if I can take it before work as well for help with pain while sitting, but I don't know how much is too much. Really trying to get relief I've never had but not wanting to increase any tolerance or else my only solution I've found will go away... And that's very uncool

If you are already taking 13 grams a dose then you're going to have tolerance issues if you plan to use on any regular basis, it's just unavoidable. No one can tell you how much to take before work, you are already an anomaly having to take that much kratom at one time, you'll have to feel out the doses for yourself.

It definitely sounds like you have a high natural tolerance.

I don't think we can safely say 'you should now try a dosage of xx since 10g gave you a slight effect'. It's impossible for anyone to know what will or will not work.

I think if you are going to try higher doses then you need to work up slowly. Kratom overdose symptoms are very unpleasant so you don't want to suddenly try 20g out of the blue. Maybe try 12g, then 14g, then 16g etc until you find what dose works.

Kratom seems to work best when the dose is taken all at once. Take on an empty stomach and drink lots of water.

For what it's worth, kratom is too stimulating for me as I cannot sleep for ~5 hours after taking it.

I used to be just like that: I had to have it WORN OFF for AT LEAST 6 HOURS before bed or I wouldn't sleep a wink.

Then I stopped for almost a year and for whatever reason now it does still give me SOME trouble sleeping but not NEARLY as much.

Like, if it was a 10 out of 10 before, in terms of how bad it effected my sleep, and a 5 being something that kind of messes with your sleep but your ok if you give it a few hours, now it's probably a 6.5.

3-4 hours now and I should be pretty good but possibly with some sleep disturbance or trouble getting to sleep.

5 hours and I'm definitely fine.

Actually, up until about 2 months ago i was able to fall asleep sometimes even 1 hour after it wore off but now it's giving me a bit more trouble again.

I'm not sure if it's the strain or maybe more likely the dosage cause I've stupidly allowed my tolerance to go up considerably and I'm taking a much larger dosage than I did before.

What generally happens now is if I don't give myself a good 3-4 hours before bed it's like I might fall asleep but the first few hours I will be kind of half asleep and it's this weird kind of sleep where I'll dose off and then suddenly I'm like awake thinking about something for 5-10 minutes before I even realize "oh, wait, I'm awake, what the fuck?" lol.

It's like really light sleep that's not very good.

But then once like 3 more hours pass I'll fall asleep.

Basically, since Kratom lasts 4 hours for me, I can't take that last dose, so like no Kratom 4 hours before bed and I'm good, but a year ago even 6 and I'd have some issues and it would need to be like 8 hours to really sleep well.

I'm glad it's not like that anymore and hope it never gets like that for me again.

Kratom is SOOO weird when it comes to biochemistry.

A lot of people agree that how they react to it changes over time and it can effect them differently if they are heavier or lighter perhaps (never heard anyone say that, but I bet it could), what they have in their stomach, etc.

One thing I wonder is how tea would effect me differently.

I never make it, I just toss and wash, but the very first time I ever did Kratom about 4 years ago I made a really strong tea and it made me nod out HARD, more than it ever has since then doing the toss and wash.

I wonder if that was just that my body was naive to it or that for some reason the tea effects me differently, possibly both.

I would like to know if I can take it before work as well for help with pain while sitting, but I don't know how much is too much. Really trying to get relief I've never had but not wanting to increase any tolerance or else my only solution I've found will go away... And that's very uncool

I've taken it before working many times.

Maybe someone might consider it unethical to work on drugs, but no one can ever tell I'm on it and I find it really improves me performance in a number of different areas in life if I use it properly and respect it.

Everyone really reacts to Kratom differently.

Like, I've had overdoses before and they are quite unpleasant, but not in the sense that they'd make me throw up, they just make me feel REALLY out of it and dizzy and weird, but the longer I have taken it the fewer side effects I get and it's been quite a while since that has happened.

I have actually never once thrown up on Kratom and I used to dose 16 grams at once and as much as 2 ounces a day.

Then I stopped for almost a year and my tolerance went down, but now I'm fucking back up to 11.75 grams as my usual dose.

For me, tolerance just really takes FOREVER to go down.

I once stopped for 3 months and my tolerance was still the same.

It was only when I stopped for 11 months that it went down.

It doesn't end up mattering for me except that it's gross and causes bloating to swallow so much powder with so much water and it's time consuming, but while I do get some nausea, it's not the kind where I want to throw up, it's the kind where I just feel like I'm full of freaking fiber and water and feel kind of disgusting and get constipated the next day.

But even at its worst, if I just have some pepto bismol and a little selzer and burp a dozen times or so it will entirely go away within about 30 mins.

I have noticed a difference in the new Kratom I am getting. I Have switched companies so if any one needs a change check out qualisbotanicals.com . There product is way different!