• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First Time Heroin Advice

Lurker1789

Greenlighter
Hello all,

This is my first post although I have been using bluelight for many years. I have had some great advice from the community and it has certainly ensured i have been safe over this time. If the community could give me some advice and harm reduction on taking H it would be great

I started with opioids a few years back with codeine for back problems and over the years have eventually progressed to oxy. I have quite a strong tolerance at this stage with it take approx 200mg for me to get anything out of it.

I have therefore decided to give H a try. I would never consider IV'ing so it would either be snorting or smoking although i have no clue on dose and want to make sure that I am safe.

If anyone would have any advice and details i would be really grateful :)

lurker1789

Although the best HR advice would be "don't", if you must try heroin I'd recommend getting a smokable formulation as that is the safest way to take it. It's pointless suggesting doses due to the wide variation in potency and purity. Smoking (or more accurately 'vapourising') heroin allows you to stop when you've had enough.

Greetings Lurker1789, welcome to the Bluelight team homie.

In regards to your question, as F.U.B.A.R. said, smoking it would be the better option aside from not using. Reason being, when you snort it, you may not feel anything for a while and be tempted to re-dose, where as if you smoke it, the onset is a lot quicker, so you'd be able to gauge whether or not you need more.

Be safe and report back.

Guys,

Thanks for the advice, It much appreciated. K will def go for the smoking option and let yous know!

On another note, Would there be any cross tolerance from the oxy or is it like starting from stratch? i know its a different beast, but i found that i was able to start on quite a bit of oxy by the time codeine had no effect on me.

Lurker1789

Yes, there is cross tolerance with all opiates/opioids afaik, so you will likely need more than a total novice.

No one mentions fentanyl? Should have been first reply.

In some areas (such as North East US where I am) almost all "heroin" contains fentanyl, which is why people are dropping like flies.

If heroin was still heroin, there would be no "opiate epidemic" because heroin is a normal opiate not active in the microgram range, so people wouldn't be flatlining left and right.

Get fentanyl test strips https://dancesafe.org/product/fentanyl-test-strips-pack-of-10/

Or you will probably get narcan'ed or dead within the year.

I stopped doing dope several years back because the supply is entirely tainted at this point.

Thanks again guys for the reply's,

I had thought of that but as I am am in Europe I thought it might not be as much as an issue. but your defiantly right, I will get the strips just in case don't want to risk my life over a high.

Thanks
lurker1789

You can always use more BUT YOU CAN NEVER USE LESS! Remember that even if you get the exact same batch of Heroin make Sure to Buy A MG Scale I got mine Online from A popular Online Website which gave Me Free Shipping.

It is definitely unarguably Safer to Smoke since with Small Amounts to Start with you got the option to STOP SMOKING IT IF THE EFFECTS BEGIN TO FEEL TO STRONG! Although Smoking is VERY SHORT in making it fiendish on top of wasting the Drug By simply Burning And Destroying most of it And what you do not destroy the Absorption is Lower compared to Insufflation which Not only Absorbs more of the Drug Vs. Smoking it But the duration of Effects for Pain Relief Etc. Last Longer.

Snort Or I.V. A VERY SMALL AMOUNT first to see how much Stronger it is that is the only way I ever use Heroin since I need to Buy A Large Amount to do small dose Increases within Lie 15 Minutes between each Line until it builds up in Effect Or waiting like 1-2 Hours before Snorting another Dose But SLIGHTLY Larger.

I could give much more Good advice but this is the best advice I could give due to the fact it is Life-Saving advice IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE it has Saved MY ass from O.D. especially when it comes to Gear Cut with Fentanyl... Since I can usually notice it.

Last edited:
Thanks thomas29,

that is some great advice, i will try to smoke and test the strength and prob move to snorting 15mg or so to see its effects, im not a fiendish person so would be happy to wait like 2 hours just to be sure