• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vaporization of Racemic Amphetamine

Gaston_Vertueux

Greenlighter
Hey There Y?all, this is my first post!

I'm naive to the world Amphetamines (and truthfully Phenethylamines in general) but recently gained an appreciation for MDMA and just tried Adderall XR for the first time today, mind you these did not occur simultaneously. Up until now, as far as molecules of this class come, I'd only taken Vyvanse once (a story for another day). Today marks my first foray into Amphetamines in over 2 years with 7.5mg of pulverized capsules dissolved in water at T+0 1:00PM followed by an additional 7.5mg at T+1:00 2:00PM and sustained with 10mg of intact capsules at T+3:00 4:00PM for studying/mild recreation. I've since redosed at 1:00AM with an additional 10mg dissolved in water and have been feeding myself. However, please set me straight before any harm is done during my career.

My question is this: With an Adderall XR capsule, if one removes the amphetamine salts from their time-release coating, thereby isolating them from a binder, would those salts then be capable of vaporization? I've read Adderall is composed of a racemic mixture equal parts Dextroamphetamine Saccharate, Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, and Amphetamine Sulfate. My theory would be to slightly crush the beads with a mortar and pestle. Once that is done, by gently breaking open the time-release coating without pulverizing it (a similar result can be achieved with total pulverization, but would not be ideal if heated and inhaled) one could separate the amphetamine salts mechanically i.e.with tweezers and a magnifying glass/adequately-sized sifter, or chemically by dissolving the crushed capsules in a solvent and straining out the residual beads before evaporating off the remainder of the solvent.

Isolating the crystals leaves amphetamine salts theoretically capable of boiling at 392 to 397 ?F. While cannabis may burn much hotter, an upwards of 1292 ?F, the entire bowl is not that hot. If one packed the crystals at the bottom of a bowl gingerly covered with cannabis and heated slowly, or sprinkled the amphetamine on top of the bowl, slowly bringing a lighter towards it, could it be smoked with measurable (and hopefully pleasurable) effect? Better yet, if one had a vaporizer or e-nail with preset and accurate temperature readings, could pharmaceutical grade racemic amphetamine salts be vaporized in a manner similar to vapes capable of vaporizing crystalized DMT or like dry-flower vaporizers do for Cannibinoids? I think my FlowerMate V5.0S had a maximum temperature of 400 ?F, not too far off the boiling point of amphetamine as posted here

HTML:
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/amphetamine#section=Top

I read elsewhere that apparently Dextroamphetamine Saccharate chars prior to vaporization, making impossible recreational effects. I'd appreciate any input y'all have on the topic and would like to know some safety and efficacy guidelines before I hurt myself/waste my supply. Thank you for your replies and I look forward to meeting the Bluelight community!

Remember:
La vie est dure; les femmes sont cheres; et les bebes sont faciles a faire.
Sophrosyne

Last edited:
Separating the amphetamine from its binders, especially in an XR formulation, is MUCH easier said than done. It definitely won't be anywhere near as simple as you are making it out to be and I guarantee you will not succeed but will probably ruin/waste your drugs in the attempt.

Also, even if the amphetamine were somehow magically made pure, and were the proper salt for vaporization, it would be a near fruitless endeavor as amphetamine just does not possess the same rush as methamphetamine, even when injected amphetamine has very little rush.

I'll admit my ideas concerning the possibility of separating the amphetamine from the XR Coating were a tad bit optimistic. After posting yesterday, I attempted and failed to do so multiple times. A fully-powdered capsule does dissolve neatly in water, but no noticeable separation of binding agent from amphetamine was seen.

Thanks for the comparison with IV use. Until now, I wasn't even aware injected amphetamine had little to no rush. I appreciate the advice!

The best way to get anything approaching a rush from amphetamine sulphate is to snort it. It doesn't vapourise and will just burn, possibly releasing toxic byproducts from pyrolysis in the process.

F.U.B.A.R., are you aware of any worthwhile way to remove the outer coating on an Adderall XR bead? I assume the risks of insufflating the outer coating are about the same, if not less, than the risks associated with snorting many of the cutting agents used in cocaine, and the bead pulverizes to a very fine powder so the point is moot if not. But at the same time, the less volume I need for an effect, the better off I am, so I figured it's worth asking about.

I know screens can come very very fine. Do you think a box with a screen similar to a grinder/pollen sifter could be effective? I'm imagining trying to break open the beads without destroying them by laying them out in a container side-by-side (so they get crushed evenly) and then slightly smushing them with a large flat object to snap open the bead without powdering it. From there, placing the beads in the screened box and gently shaking could allow the crystals inside to fall though the screen without the mass of the outer coating. Do you think this would be feasible, or is one better off simply snorting the bulk powder as-is?

Sorry mate, I have absolutely no experience with Adderall of any formulation, but I'm guessing snorting the bulk powder couldn't be any worse than snorting cut to fuck street speed.

No worries! In the coming days I'll attempt to find ways to filter it out just to see if it's even possible. Will report back in with the results once I'm finished. Thanks for your input!