Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Castle Rock - Stephen king. Hulu - 1st series comments. Predictions for 2nd series

how many ⭐️s?

• ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters

Asclepius

Bluelight Crew

Just saw the last episode - loved it tbh - usual chaotic trajectory; with narrative but within the framework of stories and characters from his past works. King always loves his stream-ofc-onsciousness, storytelling ( distracted writing style) - acting was magic tbh imo - love the archetypal characters - esp. those who deal with addiction ( like king can associate with - most of his works are about dealing with/ projection of, social, or, personal deamons, respectively).

Steven King fans know this.

Most posts I make on here go un-noticed but I got everyone in my database, as a former mod, and I have anthrax envelopes to send to BL members; of my choosing that dont care to reply - so it's all good.:)%)

Last edited:
I was so glad this show didn't turn out like Under the Dome. That show sucked ass. I love all the actors, especially Sissy Spacek and Bill Skarsgard. I loved the first few episodes when everything was building. I thought it got a little too "stranger things" toward the end. I hope they don't get stuck in the cycle of season to season storytelling without ever actually getting anywhere.

Loved it, until the end- so it was true of 80% of what Stephen King writes ;) (I am saying that as someone who has read everything King has written and consider him a favourite author). I actually didn't really get it. I must admit that I watched it incredibly stoned and in weird weird headspace for the most part, but why didn't the adopted Henry Deaver just let The Skarsgard Henry Deaver escape back to his own reality?

Anyway, it was really atmospheric and captured the feeling of creepiness that Stephen King created around Castle Rock in his novels, though I cannot remember Alan Pangborn being quite as cussedly grizzled.

Bill Skarsgard is an incredible actor, able to create a really threatening, sinister vibe just by standing really still. His face is like an utterly perfect carving at times. Great in It too...

I will definitely watch Season 2 but hopefully someone can explain what happened in season 1 first. :|

@Asclepius: i had this pop up lately on streaming video, haven't watched it. so in order to sate my curiosity plus not get an envelope of the bad kind of white powder; mind letting me know what it's about? (without the spoilers for anyone who reads this)

far as my stephen king experience goes - read a few stephen king books, seen some of the movies based off of them. under the dome i watched 3 random episodes and it seemed too drawn out without enough interest, mostly dribble in a way but never read the book. the movie the dark tower was a different take on the books (read all 7 original books and 5 of the american graphic novels). geralds game was a most compelling read and i was going to read it again (memory sucks still) before watching the movie.

^ Well mate, What I personally like about the SK Narrative is his ability to weave-in subtext relating to politics; policy - that has had a viral like effect on the average social/psychological health of the general individual;family and community. The fictional stories are a narrative that discloses the qualitative nuanced, symptoms that manifest in a top-down system of dysfunctional governance; of toxic systems that leaves the average community feeling ignorant, afraid and subject to intuiting their misfortune into something more sinister, as they are 'left-in-the-dark' about the reasons why and often are too drugged-up; caught in the minor drama, as the consequences of their situation has left them in to be too pre-occupied with the turmoil of their own lives to question the bigger-picture. I think King is an absolute genius in explaining this in metaphor and is a seer in being able to bring this in to the mainstream.

So, in essence, if you read all his books and follow all his films - you wont understand shit - unless you want to find meaning in them.
If your head is too full of 'impress me because I am so fucking awesome' - you will not understand. Like anything, if you are not of sound mind; you are stupid - you can convince your peers otherwise ( given that they are as open to being as dumb as you)but you will never get to convince yourself after you come-down from being an idiot.

TBF S. King shows are awfully drawn out. I think, sometimes to the point of nonsense lol BUT despite this, he does end his stories in a conclusion ( after the meandering stream of consciousness - isnt this why people take drugs, eh?! But if it happens naturally - it is verbotten!:|...curious that. lol) Anyhoo, yeah, if you like it, you like it - if you dont you dont. ;)

*I know I posted the 'poor me' thing in the OP but that doesnt warrant pity - was just mentioning the fact that we need diversity on here. I am but one -maybe this thread is dying and all but will merge into a, 'Dr. Oz of what chemicals can you put together to make your life osom because I have a diploma/degree in chemistry and hold all the secrets to life and want to dictate that, thread ( and cash-in on anyone, also)' - which has seemed to take over. Much the pity imo.

Last edited:
I was so glad this show didn't turn out like Under the Dome. That show sucked ass. I love all the actors, especially Sissy Spacek and Bill Skarsgard. I loved the first few episodes when everything was building. I thought it got a little too "stranger things" toward the end. I hope they don't get stuck in the cycle of season to season storytelling without ever actually getting anywhere.

Well, it can't get a little too 'Stranger Things', as Stranger Things robbed much of the ideas, plots and atmospheric filming techniques ( not least character roles, storyline etc,) from King based films/series tbh. Obviously this is why he came-back with better, more stimulating content to his narratives aka Mr. Mercedes. Flattery and immitation are over-rated.

*e.g. of plagirising w/ SK's writing ( and Stranger Things); Firestarter, Carrie, Stand by Me, etc. etc.

For sure though Malaevolent, King shows do meander into a Stream of consciousness that can be tedious as fuck! lol but this is his MO and albeit, annoying, at least this fiction unlike( like; depending on experience) life; it enfolds into some logical, albeit supernatural conclusion. hehe

I will definitely watch Season 2 but hopefully someone can explain what happened in season 1 first. :|

Really? No, thats just blatant lazy-ass shit on your part.

* Edit; Apologies Swillow - ok, there is a discrepency into knowing whether Skarsgaard's charachter is an abused kid; a psycopathic lunatic; or, simply, a malicious demon-like entity with no agenda; but a sci-fi one - or, is his charachter BOTH a fictional monsterous force and one that is representing the mask of human foible that has neglected its conscious ( an archetypal charachter that represents and has, in this fiction, come to reek a karmic vengence on those who brought it to manifest; those who lost their humanity by; while potraying a vaneer of social humanitarianism; lost in political game-playing, the focus toward their foresight and the consequences toward their actions) that is a manifestation of the shadow of all the dark psychological forces of those in the community - I rekon this is how king excises his own sense of injustice/vengence - this is why writing is good..mmmkay. :)

Last edited:
Just read an article that this is for sure coming back for season 2 this fall/winter. So relieved :)

So, what did everyone think about season 2?

I loved it, especially the ending. HUGE improvement over season 1.