• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium Tincture

Masterofmost

Greenlighter
So i recently found a 10mg/ML bottle of Opium Tincture about a year old and i was wondering about it. I have injected many things before but this one had me a bit weary to try straight up banging it. Its a dark liquid with a liquorice smell/taste. I believe all tincures have a certain amount of alchohol in it. But i want to get high off of this and I have a very low tolerance. I felt the oral dose pretty strong and now want to delve deeper if possible.
My question is simple. Can you inject prescription opium tincture? If not what is my best option here?

Thanks so much for your time

So i recently found a 10mg/ML bottle of Opium Tincture about a year old and i was wondering about it. I have injected many things before but this one had me a bit weary to try straight up banging it. Its a dark liquid with a liquorice smell/taste. I believe all tincures have a certain amount of alchohol in it. But i want to get high off of this and I have a very low tolerance. I felt the oral dose pretty strong and now want to delve deeper if possible.
My question is simple. Can you inject prescription opium tincture? If not what is my best option here?

Thanks so much for your time

Your best option is not to inject an oral opium preparation that smells like liquorice. This could likely lead to infection and possible hospitalization. You can always increase the oral dose.

You have a low tolerance but somehow think you need to now IV a tincture that has who knows how many other inactive ingredients.

I do know that injecting many forms of codeine can be incredibly dangerous even if it is completely pure. Opium has some amount of codeine in it.

Your best option is not to inject an oral opium preparation that smells like liquorice. This could likely lead to infection and possible hospitalization. You can always increase the oral dose.

You have a low tolerance but somehow think you need to now IV a tincture that has who knows how many other inactive ingredients.

I do know that injecting many forms of codeine can be incredibly dangerous even if it is completely pure. Opium has some amount of codeine in it.

Thanks for your feedback. If you are wondering why IV, its simply because I prefer it.
I will likely increase the oral dosage / possibly try plugging.

So was approximately 10mg the oral dose you took? I'm trying to find info on the oral dosage of opium I've just ordered but can't find anything.

Morphine content of Opium runs around 10 % and you want to start small to make sure that the other constituents don't cause you any problems, but you might need to go a little bit higher than 10mg once you determine it agrees with you.

Whatever you do though, don't IV opium, ever. Licorice smelling or not (in reference to the OP question)

In contemporary medicine, "Tincture of Opium" is typically just a Morphine solution and it's commonly set at 10mg/ml of Anhydrous Morphine. To understand potential dangers associated with injecting the tincture, we would need to know more about the other inactive ingredients. At any rate, it's not likely to be a practice that we can call safe. I'm willing to bet that the Alcohol in its own right would be pretty insulting to your veins.

DO NOT INJECT TINCTURE OF OPIUM! I guarantee it'll be unpleasant at the very least and likely hospitalize you. All opium is essentially a latex plant resin, most of which (unless it's absolutely pure - very rare) is mixed with "dross" opium (the residue from opium pipes used by the manufacturers) to increase the volume of the end product. It contains various alkaline substances other than morphine and codeine - micro plant material that doesn't belong in your veins. Just because it's diluted with alcohol doesn't make it injectable.

Drink it! Work that opium is 10 morphine and you only absorbs 30% of the M when taken orally. So if the bottle isn100ml, that's 100x10mg =1000mg opium. Divide this by 10 is about 100mg morphine. This is enough for someone with a moderate tolerance to get a buzz.