ONE NATION - Thursday July 3rd, 2003 - The Roxy, NYC

doc

Doc Martin Didnt spin, he is back in the hospital, If any of you remeber he had alot of problems a few years ago, he has canceled all his gigs for the next 4 months- we wish him well

Speekah Phreekah said:
^^^
Yeah... Erik told me you were looking for me. Sorry I didn't get to chill with you.
Are you sure Doc Martin didn't spin? When I got in, I asked around to see if he had spun... I was told he went on just before Barbara... Hmmmm.... maybe that would explain why Frankie Bones spun for so long.

-Teddy

Next time, next time...whoever you talked to had no idea what they were talking about, it was DJ Rap who was on before Mistress Barbara LOL.

last time we were at the roxy andy c got there late and the security pushed us all out the door all early, so he was the headliner and only on for a half hour :X

glad to hear that you had a good time =D

ONE NATION, was much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had allot of fun at this event. It was really good. Only first problem was all the traffic on 95N getting into the city. It took me 6hrs. instead of my normal 4hr. to get into the city. But then also I had to pick up 2 more people before heading up there. So it was me & one of my friends who I drove up there with. We first stopped off in Jersey, scooped one hottie girl, then went to the Bronx to pick up her bestfriend who was straght bangin too. I will not lie, I was like WOW! 8o (hahaha, I knew them both already, but they were just looking extrememly good that night) Anyways we get there at 11something. Not a bad standing line, got in about 30mins later. As soon as I walked in I knew it was going to be a good party, cause first people were ALREADY dancing EVERYWHERE., I was like yep, yep, this is going to be a good one. And then second the AC was blowing throughout the party[/u], I was amazed how things seemed to be going right for a SOE party. SO we got our drinks and went to the dancefloor. Expensive for drinks though ($10 for a small Long Island), I mean come-on, but at least we planned earlier and drank at a lounge before coming to the party. And cold free water was good too. But anyways we found out it was dj rap spinning around 12 when we just got in and she was killin it, so we were out there rockin-it to her. I can’t believe this was the same dj that everyone says sold-out the music to become mainstream a while back, she was great. Then after her Mistress Barbara, she was hot as well. I danced straight through both their sets cause I thought they were both damn good. I ventured off into several of the other rooms and they were off-the-hook too, to me, no shadiness, just people rockin-out and other people enjoying watching and showing their appreciation of the music & the people dancing to it. So to me the overall the vibe was really good. And I didn’t really pay mind to who else was spinning in those other rooms, but they were good too. And I didn’t see anyone fallen over or crazy fucked-up lying around. Just allot of people socializing & partying. Lots of people to dance with and lots of people to check-out & talk to.
So we stayed til the very end. I had to find my lost car keys. Which I did find, (another goodie for that night), then drove back to Jersey were the 6 of us had our afterparty.
So for all the bluelighters I met, (let me introduce ya in stepping ordering, but first always much fun seeing you at a party and enjoying yourselves). Aight, so theres Kart who I was chillin with, who pointed out Freddie D. to me (my blind eyes 8), he was 8ft. away and I didn’t know). Then it was Freddie D. who then got me and Teddy to converge in the hallway to meetup, so it was fun meeting you guys again. I see the party spirits are still in ya hearts, VERY, VERY GOOD!! And sorry for the peoples I didn’t meet, I was really focused on dancing that night though. I was wearing all white that night (white caffeine pants, a white Nautica shirt w/ the Nautica logo in big blue letters in front, & a blue bandana)
Oooh now I remember, the ONLY real disappointing thing was that no cameras were allowed in, off course a few people snuck theres in, but it got taken away as soon as the “flash bulbs” went off. If I had a camera in there I would have pics to show, but DAMN that I like takin party pics, anyways.
And to anyone that went, what was that style spinning was on the 2nd floor glass room where you could see down to the mainfloor, that room was very chilled and cozy to hangout, talk and dance one-one with a girl. ;) I had fun up there. ;) But I don't think that was the lunge/chill area cause the music was very upbeat.
Anyways good party, good fun, GREAT, GREAT venue (like I stated before about IHAD5). I’m gonna go ahead and give my props to SOE specifically about this one. That’s all. Happy 4th ya’ll!!.

Arthur C.

Last edited:
pssh, wtvr - im glad you all had a blast!

I'm still a little sad i didn't spend my birthday doing my normal routines - but when your flat broke, ure flat broke =(

Sux about Doc Martin - that probably woulda made my night real itchy, since he was the main reason i wanted to go ... How was Irene? Anything different?

dj Irene was really good too, I forgot to mention her. She was very 'housey" so I was liking it allot. I MOST DEFINITELY give it up to ALL the lady djs that spun this night., they were all incredible!

alphakry said:
Sux about Doc Martin - that probably woulda made my night real itchy, since he was the main reason i wanted to go ...

Thats what I'm sayin. I feel the same way.

Irene was all about the crowd... and they were loving her. Personally, I can't stand her, but I'd be remiss not admit that I've heard her spin better. I listened to her for about 20 mins and then escaped upstairs to the lounge area.

Suga, glad you found your keys bro.

-Teddy

Sugafist that blows they took away your camera. I borught my digital camera with me and they didn't say a thing about it. Everyone was asking me how I got it in, I just walked right in with it

TriXieee if you have some One Nation pics that you wouldn't mind showing out, DEFINITELY send them to my by way of either PM or my regular email address so I can view too. That was a good party and I just wish I too had pics from it, for the memories. thanks much though in advance ;)

quite the interesting party....glad iw ent and had a great time, the music was good, just a few personal issues...

example 1: stupid security guard bribing me so i wouldnt be arrested....learned the hard way to NOT do bumps in the stalls at the roxy. thats my fault, i definitely should have known better. oops.

example 2: what happened to three rooms? SUPPOSEDLY there were goign to be three rooms....and that little dnb room....or lounge rather....as well as that nasty skanky space upstairs are not rooms! oh well

but im noticing a trend here....with sneaky there were supposed to be three rooms.....the promoters advertise more than they can give. the exception with sneaky is that it was originally going to be held at the lunatarium....but the flyers still said it was at amazurra! i dont know.

thats my bitch for the day ;)