ONE NATION - Thursday July 3rd, 2003 - The Roxy, NYC

Speekah Phreekah

Bluelighter
Thursday July 3rd, 2003
Stuck On Earth presents:

ONE NATION

On July 3rd 2001, we brought together a collective unit of some of electronic music's biggest stars at the legendary "Tunnel" nightclub. With 4,500 partiers strong, we showed what could happen when various artists of different genres, different backrounds, and different personalities could bring to such a monumental event. The point of this event was to bring a large number of dj's dancers and supporters together in one common passion for music. The event properly titled "One Nation" proved that people, despite their differences on the outside, could easily co-exist to have a great time.

In 2002, we knew that the name "One Nation" now and forever had a stronger significance. With Rabbit In The Moon headlining the event, they put together a live ensemble, the likes of which NYC had not seen in some time. July 3rd, 2002 proved to be one of Hip Hop history, as many of Rap's stars came out in hopes of steering the music towards a more positive direction. Artists such as KRS-ONE, MOP, Gangstarr and countless others all came out in performance and support of what seemed to be a different direction for Hip Hop. As we embark on our third installment of this prestigious event, we too head in a different direction. One of more conciousness and that promises to be good times. Join us at The Roxy on July 3rd for what promises to be a night you will never forget. Open up your minds and lets all party together as if we truly were ONE NATION.

Thursday July 3rd, 2003

Main Floor:

DOC MARTIN - Wax - LA

DJ RAP - Surge Recordings, Propa Classics - UK

MISSTRESS BARBARA - Iturnem/Tronic/In-Tec, Montreal Canada

DJ IRENE - One World - LA

FRANKIE BONES - Sonic Groove - NYC

X-DREEM - Topaz Recordings, Stuck On Earth - NY, LI

PLEASUREHEAD - Stuck On Earth, www.pleasurehead.com - NY, LI

ORION - www.stuckonearth.com

Drum-n-bass Room:

First NYC Appearance
HIVE - www.violencerecordings.com - LA

ODI - Koncrete Jungle - NYC

KECH - www.stuckonearth.com

TUFFIST HUMAN - Survival Crew - NYC

GARON VS. LINK - www.stuckonearth.com, Reeespect - NYC

WOOGIE - Unity Productions - NYC

ED VAZ - www.stuckonearth.com, Reeespect - Long Island, NY

MC POSI-D - Rawkuts - NYC

The Sky Box:

LOVE SOUND PROJECT featuring
CHRIS LOVE - www.stuckonearth.com, Love Sound Project - NYC

BILLY BELMONT - Love Sound Project, Stuck On Earth - NYC

KNOWLEDGE - Columns Of Knowledge, K:CID:X Tracks, CT

PAULY - Sympty - NJ

JOE JACK - PRM, NY, LI

PRIME - www.gspentertainment.com, Illusion Productions - NYC

All digital sound system
Visuals by: Custom Lighting

ROXY NIGHTCLUB - WEST 18th St. btwn 10th & 11th Aves. NYC

Subway:
8th Ave. Line - A,C,E to 14th St. 8th Ave. station

Plenty of parking in garages and local streets.

THURSDAY JULY 3rd, 2003
DOORS OPEN @ 9 p.m SHARP!
18 AND OVER MUST HAVE VALID PHOTO ID W/D.O.B
FULL CASH BAR FOR THOSE 21 AND OVER

Security Restrictions:
NO WEAPONS, DRUGS, BOTTLES, MARKERS, PENS, FLYERS

Hotels:
For those of you who are coming from out of state, we suggest the following hotels:

NEW YORKER - (212) 301.2285
HILTON - (212) 355.3000
CROWN PLAZA - (212) 986.8800
SHERATON - (212) 581.1000

Ticket Price: $32.00 IN ADVANCE

**PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE. BE SURE TO PURCHASE ONLY FROM THE OUTLETS LISTED BELOW.

Ticket Locations:

New York City
SATELLITE (212) 780.9305
SONIC GROOVE (212) 765.5284
BREAKBEAT SCIENCE (212) 995.2592

Long Island
EAST-WEST (631) 451.0034

New Jersey
CAFE SOUNDS (973) 509.2233
VIP RECORDS (732) 866.9984

Pennsylvania
611 RECORDS (215) 413.3150

Massachusetts
SATELLITE (617) 536.5482
GROWROOM (617) 549.9296

Connecticut
SPIRITUAL EMPORIUM (860) 524.9719

D.C.
YOSHI TOSHI (202) 338.5638

Maryland
MODERN MUSIC (410) 675.2172

Rhode Island
LUNA SEA (410) 272.9171

Delaware
FLAVOR (302) 369.6160

Ohio
CULTURE 7 (614) 297.0988

On the Web:
www.ticketweb.com
www.spinfoil.com

Charge by Phone:
(800) 965.4827

Info: Stuck On Earth
(212) 780.4614

Last edited:
i coulda sworn this was already posted, but i cant find it. *shrug* :)

Ok good, I'm not crazy.

This was definitely posted by Dana last week, but has been deleted.

Grrr...i hate SOE...but Doc Martin and Misstress Barbara...i might consider this one. Other than those two this looks like every single SOE party ever.

I'm there and all over this party....... %) Well as soon as I return from my trip. Its going to be close, I think I'm flying back into MD that Thurs. afternoon...... ooh well, when the plane touches down, gotta hop quickly into a car and drive my happy dancing ass up there for this. But I most definitely am planning to hit this up for my 4th

luv the renovated Roxy, luv the mainroom especially, theres MUCH room to dance and I WILL be showing off my skills on the dancefloor =D I've recently gotten into breakdancing, being practicing a bits, so if I'm feeling REALLY froggy, I'll bust out with some power moves, but I'll most definitely be top rockin & six-steppin, and offcourse wildin out as usual

SOE, who cares, its a good enough party for me, I just want to dance my ass off with all my friends and have a fun time, nuff said

Last edited:
OH MY FUCKING GOD

Misstress Barbara AND DJ Irene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to cry. :( :( Because those are BY FAR my 2 favorite DJs. And I am WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too broke to come up with $ by July 3rd for this party.

Maybe I will start playing the lotto. Or hitting the street corner in stilettos and a mini skirt 8o

Ok or maybe you all just have a lot of fun for me cause I highly doubt I'll have $

I figured this would've been posted as well... I searched to see if it was perhaps buried somewhere...couldn't find it. Trust me, if I saw it posted, I wouldn't have bothered. I'm well aware of the guidelines and have a general idea of how this forum works. ;)

Based on the talent they've had at this party over the last two years, I'd have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with this years line-up. Doc Martin is the only one I'm really interested in seeing, versus the six or seven I used to find myself running from room to room trying not to miss at the last two events I attended.

I think I've grown immune to SOE's indoor parties. It's their outdoor one's that bother me. hehe. I hate SOE parties too... but at least they're somewhat predictable in one regard or another...you pretty much know what to expect and govern yourself accordingly so as not to be too disappointed.

I'll already be in the city for the holiday weekend with nothing else to do on Thursday, so I figured, "what the hell." Because I've been MAJORLY busy lately, I haven't been to a big party in a while... and I DEFINITELY need to dance and check out other good dancers. So I'll most likely be at this.

-Teddy

i'd like to go to this! i've never been to the roxy before, so i'd like to check it out.

WAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIT a minute Speekah Phreekah.....I thought you were the Misstress' #1 fan!?!?! And you aren't gonna go? tsk tsk

starlightgemini said:
WAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIT a minute Speekah Phreekah.....I thought you were the Misstress' #1 fan!?!?! And you aren't gonna go? tsk tsk

LOL. Thats true. I'm surprised she'd even agree to spin at this with how she was so rudely fucked over and left with only 30 mins to spin at last year's event.
BTW...I never said I wasn't gonna go...

-Teddy

Speekah Phreekah said:
BTW...I never said I wasn't gonna go...

No fair! You added that last paragraph to your original post after I posted :p

Heh. Well yeah you should def go.

Who wants to help me pick some winning lotto numbers? I think the jackpot in my state is up to like 65 million. Wouldn't that be nice? 8o

I think I'll make a nice donation to BL if I win =D

I MUST go to this. I haven't been to a good party since Get Lucky, and I'm in desperate need of one immediately. I know SOE sucks ass and they are shady as hell, but I usually end up having a decent time at their parties, because of the music playin and the people dancin.

Speekah Phreekah -- I'm surprised your not drooling for another dose of Mistress Barbara. What is up with this line "Doc Martin is the only one I'm really interested in seeing" ??

I should be there for this, but I'll have to see, I always want to go to a party for the fourth of July, but shit always ends up happening...

eh, I had fun at last years one nation. I'm having a huge party for the fourth of july at my house so I will not be in attendance for this years activities. I hope everyone who goes has a good time, it seems like SOE works a little bit harder for this party every year. So if theres one of their parties you actually might have a great time at, it would be this one.

teddy go! or ill whoop you come october! Such great talent, only thing you can ask for is a little more techno..but you can always ask for that. Midwest hopefully will soon catch up to events of this magnitude.

originally posted by Speekah Phreekah:
...and I DEFINITELY need to dance and check out other good dancers. So I'll most likely be at this.
yep, yep, you must be wanting to checkout me & my peoples as we battle it out on the dancefloor, you KNOW how we get down! =D %) We will most definitely be out there (and you know who too ;)) if you still have her in particular, so definitely go, it'll be a blast!

^^^
Art, what are you talking about?? You and your dancers SUCK, man!!! Besides, battleing is SOOOO lame, dude. (just bustin' yer ballz of course, bro) Nah.. I can't wait to see you cats again. :)

Jared, I saw Misstress Barbara twice in NY last month. Although I can't get enuff of her..... I'm really interested in hearing some good hybrid deep house. Doc Martin spun the sickest deep/disco/2-step set I've ever heard up this way at Boo last year. I've been waiting for him to come up this way again.

Nick, yo man, I'm there! You just better be! :)

-Teddy

yeah I'm def not gonna feel too bad about skipping this party. I went last year and had the worst time of my life. Actually.. I don't recall ever having fun at a stuck on earth event?

i am def going to give this one a chance (although it is a little much $ for a party), and the roxy isn't too bad of a venue. but of course the two side rooms are going to be extremely small, which is a little disappointing, but i figure we can make it a good ole time!!

I just found out I'm most likely not gonna be at this party :-( I am most likely gonna be going down to the DC area for the fourth of July...I'm pissed about missin the Misstress and Doc Martin, but...being in DC on the fourth means....Ultraworld party AND A FOUR HOUR RICHIE HAWTIN SET! I really hope I do go to at least ONE of these parties....I'm dying to hear some bangin techno or some smooth house... I'm really fuckin sick of the same old trance and DnB that gets spun OVER and OVER and OVER again...

Teddy -- where did you see MB in NY? Next time you go to see MB, lemme know, I'll be there in a heartbeat.... we gots ta get up and chill sometime, at a party or otherwise...