ONE NATION - Thursday July 3rd, 2003 - The Roxy, NYC

Yeah SOE's events usually are pretty poorly organized.......but i can't miss Misstress Barbara!!!!!!

all i have to say about this year's lineup vs. last year's.....thank god krs-1 was not invited back. if i had to hear "the real hip-hop is over" one more time i was seriously going to kill him.

originally posted by Nickiestardust:
all i have to say about this year's lineup vs. last year's.....thank god krs-1 was not invited back. if i had to hear "the real hip-hop is over" one more time i was seriously going to kill him.

AMEN to that sister!! I mean, I'm all about hip-hop and all, but last year's apperance of KRS-1 was wack. And he only played some 2-3 tracks and the rest of the time he spend dissing Nelly and talkin allot of bulshit

AND this year SOE better give Mistress Barbara a way better set-time, cause that was another thing about last year that I thought was fucked up. I mean, she's one of the most popular djs to be spinnin dead last at the end of a party. I wish her set-time to be around the peak of the party this year!!

Well, b4 I said there was no way I'd have $ in time. I am seriously in debt however, I have a job now, and I get paid WEEKLY. While its not the BEST idea for me to blow $ on a partie in NYC, we will just have to see....

DJ Irene (my favorite) was here in DC last week (the weekend RIGHT b4 my bday!) but not only did I only find out an hour b4 and had no one to go with, I literally had no $.

I'm pissed I missed her, I deserve a 2nd chance!

So we'll see....right now its about 50/50 chance

dj not touring at One Naiton

umm I don't want to alarm people, but I just checked several different websites on Misstress Barbara tour dates & places and I didn't see her listed anywhere to spin at this party. I'm madd disappointed, but please double-check me, though I said I might have missed something.

But I checked: www.moonshine.com & www.relentlessmusic.com and her official website www.misstressbarbara.com on her and I saw nothing/nada, :( sorry guys & girls, but it seems maybe no "drummy funky techno" at this party

Did you email her, her lable, or Stuck On Earth with your findings? You can always catch Jeff i SOE on AIM if you don't want to wait for a reply. If he tells you she will be there (and you save the convo) and she doesn't show, you have a good case for getting your money back, which I know SOE has done in the past. When in doubt, it's best to go straight to the source. Her gig guide hasn't been updated since May 21st and has never included all of her dates... however Stuck On Earth has a reputation on nonshowing headlining DJs and I believe her last experience at a Stuck On Earth Event wasn't all that pleasant. :\

Let me know what you find out. There is a small chance I'll be making it out, but I'll prolly hit the Free party on LI and ho myself just enough to see Richie Hawtin on the 6th.... ooooooo richie allll niiight looong ooOOOOoooOOo.. =D

Last edited:
Re: dj not touring at One Naiton

sugafist said:
:( sorry guys & girls, but it seems maybe no "drummy funky techno" at this party
The last US date I remember seeing posted in her Gig Guide was April 22nd, 2001 For Christian Smith's Tronic Treatment at Baktun NY. (I went) Two days previously, she spun at Boo 6 which was not included in her Gig Guide, neither was One Nation last year... neither were the two times I saw her just last month at Exit and Arc. For some reason, she doesn't post her US dates. I think if we noticed that she's booked to spin somewhere else on July 3rd, then we'd have cause enough to be alarmed. Otherwise, I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

Dazzle, where is Richie spinning on the sixth?

-Teddy

^^ Richie Hawtin will be spinning a 4 hr set at Ultraworlds July 4th of July party here in Baltimore. $20 ahead of time and $25 at the door I believe

I think its going to be all good. Misstress Barbara is never one to disappoint, she will show and give us a kick-ass set performance.
And I'm sure that with last year fucked-up scheduling, that this year SOE will know to put a headliner like her during the peak hours of the hardcore dancing & partying. %)

Anyways its ONE NATION, lets get some hypeness for this!!

plus this year KRS-One won't be there... he used to be a teacher but now he's just another egomaniac rapper.

everybody gives SOE a really bad rap, they might not be your favorite crew but they aren't _that_ bad... anyway, One Nation rocks.

we all know my feelings on SOE-- im only popping into this thread to say:

poo on everyone whos gonna get to see sugafist b/c i will unfortunately be on my way to Austin, TX for Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic... even tho i surely would not be hitting up this party, i'd of course make some time to see this boy if i was around ;)

sugafist said:
Anyways its ONE NATION, lets get some hypeness for this!!

hype hype hype hype hype!! YAY!! It's my birthday and its, as suga said, One Nation!!! Yaayy!!

Can't wait - though the lineup don't stand out as much as the past 2 years, it's still gunna be a great time!

link
Did you email her, her lable, or Stuck On Earth with your findings? You can always catch Jeff i SOE on AIM if you don't want to wait for a reply. If he tells you she will be there (and you save the convo) and she doesn't show, you have a good case for getting your money back, which I know SOE has done in the past. When in doubt, it's best to go straight to the source. Her gig guide hasn't been updated since May 21st and has never included all of her dates... however Stuck On Earth has a reputation on nonshowing headlining DJs and I believe her last experience at a Stuck On Earth Event wasn't all that pleasant.

Let me know what you find out. There is a small chance I'll be making it out, but I'll prolly hit the Free party on LI and ho myself just enough to see Richie Hawtin on the 6th.... ooooooo richie allll niiight looong ooOOOOoooOOo..

dazzle, please tell what dj u are talking about, i never put a dj on a flyer that i didnt book, come on please tell m, u know everything right, come on give me some names and i will show you a contract.
and misstriss barabra will beat one nation,
no like i should even have to prove myself but here is an e-mail between me and her manager.

Subj: Re: July 3rd
Date: 6/16/2003 2:43:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: JEFF I SOE

Hi Jeff,

Can you also please send me the rest of the line up and who will be playing before & after Barbara and what her set time will be

Thanks - Helene
407 870 0834

Cosmack Bookings USA

hook us up with ALLOT of info.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^don't forget to post up the COMPLETE set times especially for Misstress Barbara

and also let us know about ventilation about water and alcohol costs (specifically a "long island ice tea" =D), etc. etc., and finally hook me up on the VIP guestlist

thanks.............

...there's gonna be a riot on July 3rd.. I can feel it. Somethings gonna mess up and lots of angry party kids with glowsticks and pacifyers are going kill.

some names and i will show you a contract.

I never said you didn't book them, that's the same line you use EVERY TIME a DJ doesn't show for whatever reason. Does it change the fact your DJs don't show or get changed last minute? No.

But if you like, I'll be more then happy to compile a list of DJ that were on your flyers but didn't spin for whatever reason contract of not. I'm sure the list will get rather lenghy when I get to my Boo flyer from last year.

I've got a buttload of flyers from the past 5 years and some time to kill this weekend. I'll gladly take on this project with the help of the HUGE board.