Bluelight

Thread: When to bring up my addiction?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    I guess it depends on how i frame it but opiate addiction is opiate addiction, not to say that taking 2 dozen grams of kratom daily is equivalent to shooting a gram of H a day.

2. Collapse Details

It's definitely not the same as heroin, but 24g of Kratom a day is still a significant habit.

3. Collapse Details

Sex Love & Relationships
    if you know her a year and you have been hiding it that long it wont look good

taper further and then be honest that you got caught out by something you used just for fun at first, play the human " it could happen to anyone" angle

4. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Well... She left me, but not because of the addiction. I still haven't told her, but now i have time to work on it. We are still on very good terms. I thought i would go into a downward spiral if this happened but all i want to do is work on bettering myself.

5. Collapse Details

^ sorry to hear that man.

i think that's the right thing to take from this though - yeah, if you're using it makes things really fucking complicated if you meet that special someone, because you sure as hell don't want to let a fucking dope habit cheat you out of a love life.
    i know that i certainly dated girls who never knew i was using, until we broke up... but it's fucking messy and stressful and hard.

perhaps it's a good thing to set your sites on, regarding efforts to get clean and make positive changes in your life.

still though - i'm sorry to hear it ended. it's always tough

6. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Thanks spacejunk

I think i'll have another chance when things settle but i know if i expect that i'm going to be setting myself up to seriously get hurt.

I was, and still am, hurting but i'm thinking much more clearly now and i realize she was right to break it off. If things continued the way they were it would have just lead to both of us being frustrated with each other and animosity between us.

7. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    God i miss her, i'm getting off my ass on hydrocodone tomorrow. Still tapering, but i need this right now

8. Collapse Details

Why the fuck would a drug user date someone who doesnt like drugs/dont understand it/is brainwashed by anti-drug propaganda. Sounds terrible.

9. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    I never said that was the case, and besides there's about a million reasons why that would happen.

10. Collapse Details

Sex Love & Relationships
    not everything works out

either way your better off off the opiates, they block emotional intimacy for sure

just harder to connect on them

11. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    I'm sorry you broke up, and I hope you go easy on the opioids.

Ime, people who are up front about addiction are better off than people who hide it in relationships.

In this situation, if kratom isn't such a big deal (and I don't know what her drug experience, attitudes, etc. consist of), it would be better to say something.

If it is a big deal, same.

It's really hard to be open about struggling or honest about any less-than-optimal situation, and I'm not passing any kind of judgment. It's just my experience that openness asap is the easiest path.

Good luck to all who struggle with these types of issues.

12. Collapse Details

That sucks that it ended, sorry dude.

I prefer and have a partner who isn't into drugs like I am, so I can relate to some issues that you brought up. It's usually always better to be upfront. Yes, there can be overreacting but generally it's in your best interest.

I recently got a bottle of liquor and my partner hid it from me this morning and says I now have to go through him to get it. Worse case scenario, I have to wait several days to drink liquor. I didn't even drink that much yesterday, but he is always looking out for my best interest as I am him.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12