• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried any other wax pens? I'm just curious as to how you might think the yocan stands up in comparison.

[EDIT: lmao, never mind, I've neglected it for a month or two and forgot but I actually have two yocan XL batteries and they're fucking amazing. The quad coil is a wonderful thing. Never tried any of the smaller ones, though.]

I have tried various pre filled carts but this is the only dab pen I have tried. I myself was curious how the pax 3 matches up to it.

I really liked the prefilled carts that came in a juul pod type of cart; meant to refill 1 I had but broke it scraping out the little bit of remaining oil in it.

I use a quartz banger and heat it underneath so the flame doesn't touch the same surface as the oil but wonder how bad the fumes from the burning butane can be over time. My yocan works great but really love the process of dabbing plus it goes down smoother.

Compared to other forms of pollution, it's relatively small. The fumes would be carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Far less pollution would be produced when heating a quartz banger(even red hot) than would be from cooking an egg on a gas stove.

CO and CO2 occur naturally in the air and at low enough concentrations are completely harmless. So unless you are vaping in a tiny air tight compartment with limited supply of fresh air, then it's not really a concern any more than inhaling bad fumes around a BBQ or cooking on a gas stove is.
I have tried various pre filled carts but this is the only dab pen I have tried. I myself was curious how the pax 3 matches up to it.

I really liked the prefilled carts that came in a juul pod type of cart; meant to refill 1 I had but broke it scraping out the little bit of remaining oil in it.

pHed water at first and once it gets some roots a light mix of clone starter will work. Or just a light mix of your veg solution, as the plant will need the same thing just in much smaller amounts.

i just added a low dose of fertalizer to my planter and about a half hour later it started raing, maybe that a good sign. right now alot of the little plants are looking good though a few have holes in the leaves and i noticed one or two good look stems missing all the leave so maybe a rabbit or something. anyways i hope this fertalizer works, but it pretty interesting to go out in the morning smoke a bowl and look at there progress

they are about 3 weeks old, they got a few little showers today,. I'm pretty interested to see if the fertilizer i added will help much, last year i grew a plant that looked really good but i planted at the wrong time so it never grew tall. this year is looking good, hopefully i have a few plants survive to harvest. this is my second attempt, tomorrow i'll take a pic to post. at this point i'm tempted to start some more start some more seeds, but i think i should try to take care of what i have growing now first

For those who use cartridges and have refilled them, do you use a blunt tip, fine gauge needle (what gauge?) to transfer the distillate/oil into the cartridge?

I was thinking of warming the syringe w/distillate - still in it's package - in lukewarm water, perhaps 5 minutes in order to make it easier to load. Is this reasonable?

Thanks

Tom

I use a 16 gauge blunt tip needle. I wouldn't heat it due to possible contaminants and I tend to not re-use them often due to malfunctions (plunger coming out of rubber piece from a few uses).

So my go to guy is taking a 1 month vacation. I was gonna cop a bit but I think I'm gonna abstain see what happens lol. If they things get unbearable "marijuana is erryway where was you brought up" stay lifted, thumbs up

Been smoking some stuff that smells exactly like lemon meringue pie when chopped up. Lemon strains have been somewhat popular around here for a while, but I've never had anything that smells like fresh-out-the-oven lemon pie.

Also made a tincture (approximately 5% THC, 5% CBD) from CBD hemp oil and some quick wash iso oil I made. It's okay at lower doses, if I try to push it higher though, it seems.. Not so pleasant. CBD on its' own, was making me feel kind of lethargic or restless or bored. The addition of the THC made it a bit nicer, but too much of this tincture makes me feel half-way stoned and restless, even a bit dysphoric.

Think I've had enough of experimenting with CBD for a while.

Currently have a couple plants in flower, not sure of the strains. One is basically a bonsai, the other is well over seven feet - will post some pics here when it's time to harvest.

Good day.

Picked up some concentrates and started dabbing a bit again. Just some baby dabs, but I forgot how nice a new banger was.

Got some Mimosa and Purple Punch Live resin to dab on so it's been a happy Sunday!

Can't wait to see the pictures you guys got of your plants!

i have a couple pictures to post but unfortunately i can't get the links to work. maybe later im going to try and find a diff place to upload them too
20190322-130734.jpg

finally it works this is from about a week ago, i think this only took me 20 tries to post

Last edited:
Picked up some concentrates and started dabbing a bit again. Just some baby dabs, but I forgot how nice a new banger was.

Got some Mimosa and Purple Punch Live resin to dab on so it's been a happy Sunday!

Can't wait to see the pictures you guys got of your plants!
live resin is real nice been a bit since I had it

just took a nice low temp dab of sd shatter and banana kush distilite

It goes down smooth and is real clear headed. I love being able to legally get a bunch of different concentrates; who'd of thought it'd happen here.

i have a couple pictures to post but unfortunately i can't get the links to work. maybe later im going to try and find a diff place to upload them too

finally it works this is from about a week ago, i think this only took me 20 tries to post

Damn I wish I had the space to grow outdoors. Looking good man.

^ And distillate is always great to have on hand since you can do so much with it. Other than tax, I'm loving recreational too

Holy shit I'm stoned...

Do any of you have tinnitus? And if so, does it get stronger/worse for you when smoking cannabis?

Damn I wish I had the space to grow outdoors. Looking good man.

thanks i was just looking at them a few minutes ago and alot of them are doing pretty well, some of them i i think are to close together so im thinking about moving some of them to a diff planter. I just hope some of the survive, but at this point with that many going i think i'm going to wait on starting anymore seeds. lately the weather has been pretty good. this yocan evolv i just is much better than the last one i bought. i think is first morning in like a year ive gone without smoking flower. i better fix that and smoke abowl now

Do any of you have tinnitus? And if so, does it get stronger/worse for you when smoking cannabis?

Sometimes. It really seems random, though.

I just can't stand that feeling like a string's being pulled out of my ear, though. When it hits I don't really think about what's causing it, it's more of a "Shit, not again..."-kind of moment.

Sometimes. It really seems random, though.

I just can't stand that feeling like a string's being pulled out of my ear, though. When it hits I don't really think about what's causing it, it's more of a "Shit, not again..."-kind of moment.
I have constant tinnitus now from shooting without ear-pro a few months ago. For some reason it becomes really strong after smoking and if I'm not playing music or something to distract me, it can get very annoying.

Always wear ear-pro when shooting guys... always.

Status
Not open for further replies.